Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,101 comments
Did I hear that right? There was a DQ... in a Hell in a Cell match? So Bray gets to win the match but not the belt. Via DQ. In a Hell in a Cell match. After that much build up. Why?!

I won't be able to get over it; a DQ in a Hell in a Cell match. That's on par with Bam Bam Bigelow getting counted out in a falls-count-anywhere match.

Edit: DQ, no-contest, whatever. It's the same exact result either way, the one thing that shouldn't have happened in a match where that shouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
Its official.

Not only is Rollins their new golden boy, hes quite literally the new Roman Reigns.
I wouldn't go that far, he didn't beat the undertaker at *clears throat* "THE GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL!!"

Honestly, I would have throw concessions and make all do the same...

Edit: Give the dislikes, boys!! :D

Edit 2: People are LITERALLY rioting on the streets acording to twitter!

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far, he didn't beat the undertaker at *clears throat* "THE GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL!!"

Honestly, I would have throw concessions and make all do the same...

Edit: Give the dislikes, boys!! :D

Edit 2: People are LITERALLY rioting on the streets acording to twitter!

WHAT?! Is there any video of the riots?

Good stuff about the show.

The three Women's matches on the main show were great, the opening match between Becky and Sasha was incredible, the best opening match to a PPV your ever likely to see, Charlotte v Bayley was really good and it told a story, the tag title match was also good with a good finish, it was actually supposed to be a heel turn for the Warriors when Asuka sprayed that green mist, but it hasn't turned out that way.
I really enjoyed the Reigns/Bryan v Rowan/Harper, it was good chaotic fun!
The stage looked really good.
Good to have pyro back.
I enjoyed the 24/7 title stuff last night, Tamina won her first title in WWE (good for her!) And having Funaki involved brought a smile to my face.

….That's all I can think of for the good stuff for now!

Bad stuff about the show.

Why are you giving us more Natalya v Lacey Evans?!?!?! Natalya won convincingly on the pre-show and hit Lacey with a right hand after the match, but still they are having a last women standing match on Raw tonight, WHY?!?!?! They have had four matches in the last month, its over! We've seen it! Its done!!
Whilst I very much enjoyed Becky v Sasha, Sasha should have absolutely won that match, they brought her back and in two PPV title matches she lost them both, what's the point?!, Becky has had an incredible year and she didn't need the in last night, Sasha did.
Most of the other matches on the card were just filler.
The six man tag was only there to promote whatever Braun and Tyson Fury are going to do, and it was a waste of the five other guys time and talent.
Orton v Ali was pretty good and that RKO counter from Ali was brilliant, but overall it was quite meh.
To have Gable beat Corbin in a decent but average match and then to announce Chad Gable as 'Shorty' Gable AND then have Corbin to beat him up after was just stupid.

And then there's the main event.
It was all going so well, the build up to the match was great, Bray's entrance was great, the red mood lighting was great, having Bray kick out of a million stomps and pedigrees was great booking, it was a really good match until it happened, prior to last nights HIAC matches there were three HIAC matches that involved a sledgehammer as weapon (they were all Triple H matches of course) none of them went to a DQ, A DQ!! IN A HELL IN A CELL MATCH!!! I just don't get it..at all!!

And when you hear the Boos and 'restart the match' and 'AEW' chants, you cant help but feel that WWE (or maybe just Vince) dropped the ball last night, Big Time!! I feel we are owed some sort of explanation on Raw tonight.

That was my review, I know its a bit long, but there was a lot to unpack!

The Fiend is unworldly, how he manages to take so much and still kick out at one. Then there's the end of HIAC, a bit gruesome...

So Scott Steiner did his usual thing saying naughties during this year's King of Trios tournament in Chikara, which is a tremendous no-no. Apparently legit felt terrible about it.

Last edited:
Tyson Fury demanded an apology from Braun Strowman, which of course didn't happen, they then had a pull-apart brawl which went on for a little while. It culminated in Fury knocking out Cesaro when Raw went off air, and then the Fiend attacked Cesaro. The whole Strowman/Fury thing was good and was well received by the fans.

Natalya won the last woman standing match after power-bombing Lacey through a table that was by the side of the stage, Viking Raiders beat Ziggler/Roode in a good match so they have a Raw tag title match next week, Becky and Charlotte were in action against the Kabuki Warriors and Kairi Sane pinned Becky after Asuka sprayed her with the green mist.

Ohh….the Hell In A Cell main event?! Well they didn't mention it until the third hour of the show then they showed a video package on it (minus the Boos obviously) And although Wyatt/Fiend was in the dark segment of the show he wasn't on the actual show...and neither was Seth.

And that was basically it, I think they know that they made a mistake on Sunday, also the whole Rusev/Lana/Lashley thing is still there, Lashley jumped into Rusev and Lana's marital bed, with Lana of course.

And that was basically it, I think they know that they made a mistake on Sunday, also the whole Rusev/Lana/Lashley thing is still there, Lashley jumped into Rusev and Lana's marital bed, with Lana of course.
I'm not like 100% against these kind of triangle storylines but poor Rusev. It's like the third time he's been in this kind of storyline.

Starting this week AEW is uploading the dark matches from the previous week on YouTube via a 1-hour show. These matches supposedly count towards the win-loss thing as well.

Two bits of news for you guys.

Firstly the rating from last nights AEW and NXT shows, both were down on last week, AEW was just over a 1 million and NXT was 790,000.

Secondly the WWE have released some info on the Draft which starts on Smackdown tomorrow night, there will be a set of superstars that will be eligible and available for selection both on Smackdown and Raw on Monday

Friday Night Smackdown-October 11
Becky Lynch
Roman Reigns
The OC (all three members)
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt
Drew McIntyre
Randy Orton
Sasha Banks
Ricochet
Braun Strowman
Bobby Lashley
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
Lacey Evans
Viking Raiders
The Revival
Natalya
Street Profits
Lucha House Party
Cesaro
Kevin Owens
Humberto Carillo
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
EC3
Eric Young
B Team
Chad Gable
Heath Slater
Drew Gulak
Tamina

Raw-October 14
Seth Rollins
Brock Lesnar
Shinsuke Nakamura
Charlotte Flair
Titus O'Neill
Daniel Bryan
Bayley
The New Day
Aleister Black
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
The Miz
Ali
King Corbin
Elias
Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Roode
Samoa Joe
The Kabuki Warriors
Rusev
Cedric Alexander
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Carmella
AOP
Heavy Machinery
Apollo Crews
Andrade
Liv Morgan
Mojo Rawley
Jinder Mahal
No Way Jose
Dana Brooke
Shelton Benjamin
Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
The Iconics
Sarah Logan
Fire & Desire
Drake Maverick

The first match on Smackdown to start the Draft will be Seth Rollins v Roman Reigns for the first Draft pick.

Shorty Gable is a legitimate name used by the biggest wrestling company on the planet.

Nope, not a sudden rapper gimmick. Same Chad Gable as before, but now going by Shorty Gable.

Someone signed off on that and made the graphics for it.

Also, Strowman/Tyson Fury and Lesnar/Velasquez set for Blood Money 4, Bayley also said a naughty.

Last edited:
So WWE pretty much gave the Draft results away, you know that list I posted above? Well I got that list from WWE.Com, and last night they copied from the Smackdown section of that list.

Loved Bayley's new look and attitude. She had her hair cut, had new attire and her slashing the inflatable buddies down was a great moment.

Brock Lesnar v Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury v Braun Strowman both made for Crown Jewel on October 31st, both matches seem quite underwhelming and they got a flat reaction from the fans.

Don't the Saudi shows in general get a flat reaction from the fans? Or is that just the online crowd?
Saudi shows usually are treated in disdain so no noise over good could be seen as progress by Vince.

Smackdown's ratings was 2.9 million, a whole million fewer than last weeks.

Yikes!
It could be that a lot of local channels like where I live decide to show local high school football instead of contracts that fox and WWE agreed to.

It probably didn't help that they didn't really give people a reason to tune in. Sure the draft is interesting, but you don't need to watch to find out the results and due to the nature of the draft it makes the episodes revolving around it lame duck episodes. I'm guessing Raw will have a decent drop as well due to this. I wasn't even doing anything Friday and didn't feel the need to watch and I feel the same way about tomorrow's Raw.

In "2019 wrestling is weird" news, former WWF Tag Team Champion PCO is challenging Rush for the ROH World Championship at Final Battle on December 13th.

Sneak edit:

Last edited:
Raw is on in a bit, the Draft continues, Strowman v Fury contract signing and Becky v Charlotte for the first 'Draft pick', it was supposed to be Sasha rather than Charlotte but Sasha has a back injury following Hell In A Cell.

Mike Bennet/Kannelis has asked for his release, which is no surprise as he is barely being used.

Mike Bennet/Kannelis has asked for his release, which is no surprise as he is barely being used.

I'm guessing it probably has more to do with what he has/had to do in order to get some face time. I can't imagine the whole "Maria is more of a man than Mike" thing was very enjoyable for either of them.

Raw is on in a bit, the Draft continues, Strowman v Fury contract signing and Becky v Charlotte for the first 'Draft pick', it was supposed to be Sasha rather than Charlotte but Sasha has a back injury following Hell In A Cell.

And when he is being used, it's to be humiliated by his suddenly-evil-for-no-reason wife. Whatever happened to THE GREATEST LOVE I'VE EVEEER KNOOOOOOWWN?

I guess that explains why this storyline is happening to Rusev now, because this is what everyone wants to see, right?

The Viking War Machine Experience Raiders name dropped IWGP and RoH after winning the titles. :eek:

Also, it's a shame that Eric Young is the only member of Sanity that hasn't really gotten a push since Sanity broke up. Alexander Wolfe is in Imperium, Killian is getting a big push in NXT and Nikki is linked with Alexa Bliss.

The draft last night didn't throw up much in the way of surprises, only that Cesaro is currently undrafted but that may lead him to NXT, other stars currently undrafted are: AOP, Hawkins & Ryder, Dana Brooke, Drake Maverick, Fire & Desire, Luke Harper, Mojo Rawley, Matt Hardy, No Way Jose, Sarah Logan and the Iconics.

Falls count anywhere match for the Universal title between Seth and the Fiend has been set for Crown Jewel. Seth burned down the Firefly Funhouse last night, much to the fans disgust, Seth is getting a lot of heat and boos right now, I have no idea why they are doing this to his character.

Last few weeks have been just pure and absolute nonsense.

Free belts for Lesnar and Bayley, Charlotte turned into a mere jobber and a comedy act (2 straight losses, a 5 day championship reign), that DQ at Hell in a Cell... and then... yesterday...

WWE basically killed The Fiend. Win or lose, all the momentum Bray had is gone. The Fiend is no longer a menace.

The Draft? Also a joke.

We finally got rid of Shane, but the cost has been inmense. The product they are putting on screen is almost unwatchable. Even the goofy Mexican Lucha Libre looks more serious than WWE right now.

At least the Viking Raiders got the Raw Tag Team belts and their match against Roode and Ziegler was good... so we have that... I guess...

Bruce Pritchard is the new Executive Director of Smackdown, replacing Eric Bischoff in the role, No idea why or what Eric has done.

@MoLiEG some of the booking and writing on WWE has been very strange lately, there have been some big moments for WWE lately like Smackdown on Fox but they haven't capitalised on it.

Back