Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,198 comments
Daniel Bryan wanted to wrestle for a different promotion which would mean different opponents and maybe wrestle in Japan again, remaining at WWE would have obviously not allowed that.

I am sad to see him leave WWE and would love to have him back one day, he is definitely a future hall of famer of which there is no doubt, but I don't blame him for wanting something different and applaud him for going out there and getting it.

Last edited:
Might give AEW a shot when the higher ups are done putting titles on themselves. Sure they're probably great performers but it's just as bad storywise as when Jeff Jarret kept doing it in TNA

Might give AEW a shot when the higher ups are done putting titles on themselves. Sure they're probably great performers but it's just as bad storywise as when Jeff Jarret kept doing it in TNA
History has proven that this ain't gonna change anytime soon, if ever.

To be honest, I never paid attention to that and caught me off guard tonight :lol:

I like Finn Balor adding himself into the mix with Roman Reigns. I don't think itll change Cena vs. Roman at Summerslam, I expect Cena will take away Balors shot but it gives the storyline more to work with than just repeats we had a few weeks back while Finn Balor can be next in line after

Two matches were at the music festival called Rolling Loud, it was held in Miami outside the Hard Rock Stadium where the Dolphins play, it was Angelo Dawkins v Chad Gable and then the SD Women's title re-match between Belair and Carmella straight after, both matches were okay but nothing special and of course Belair retained, the ring was on the stage and the crowd were sort of into it but I think they used piped in crowd noise again, it seemed like a good experience though and it will be interesting to see if they do something similar in future.

Rest of the show was really good, Cena opened with a promo which was a bit by the number for him and Heyman came out and sang Cena's them tune! Reigns came out in the main event to respond to Cena's challenge of a match which he said no to and said Cena is a nostalgia act doing the same thing over and over again and said Cena was like the missionary position! :lol: Balor then came out (he beat Zayn earlier on.) to give Reigns a challenge which he accepted, interesting to see what happens here..

Rollins and Edge had a brawl in ring, Corbin's woes continues when he said he actually lost money on the website as the guy he paid to set it up ghosted him and Owens did give him some money but Ziggler stole it, Toni Storm debuted v Zelina Vega and used a great finisher to win, I wonder how Vega feels about returning just to job?.

Cena hasn't wrestled since his return, on TV that is! There was a dark match following SD last night which was Cena and the Mysterios v Reigns and the Usos, make that match for next Friday immediately!!

The original plan was for Survivor Series Raw vs. Smackdown storyline was to push the Eddie and Batista storyline then for Eddie to beat Batista right?

Smackdown had really bad luck during that period. Multiple storylines had to be scrapped.

Last edited:
The original plan was for Survivor Series Raw vs. Smackdown storyline was to push the Eddie and Batista storyline then for Eddie to beat Batista right?

Smackdown had really bad luck during that period. Multiple storylines had to be scrapped.
Heard that as well, also heard Guerrero/Michaels was penned in for WM22.

So somebody on Twitter is getting dunked on spectacularly for his spicy and apparently now deleted take on Eddie Guerrero.

The only way I could see having that view is if you weren't actually around during his WWE run or for some reason are only familiar with the Dominik Mysterio storyline.

The only way I could see having that view is if you weren't actually around during his WWE run or for some reason are only familiar with the Dominik Mysterio storyline.
Or if your name is Vince Russo and it's the year 1999. You can look at pretty much any point in Eddie's career and see that he was definitely way more than a B+ player when he was allowed to just do his thing and put on good matches.

NJPW owners Bushiroad has done a very bizarre event with its Cardfight Vanguard property with Tanahashi being posterboy for it.

I've been playing the card game myself for the past 3 years so I find this news of both things I like out of nowhere coming together to be baffling :lol:. Granted Vanguards been heavy on crossover recently so maybe I should've seen this coming and maybe they'll have a NJPW card booster

Last edited:
Triple threat match for the Raw women's championship is the first match made for Summerslam, its between Nikki ASH, Charlotte and Rhea Ripley. Charlotte pinned Nikki in a 'championship contenders' match in the main event last night, which is what they are calling non-title matches now.

AJ and Omos retained they tag titles in a rematch with Viking Raiders, Damien Preist pinned Sheamus in another 'championship contenders' match, Lashley didn't accept Goldberg's challenge of a match, which was weird as he was quick to accept Drew's idea of a HIAC match a few months ago, Lashley then beat former Hurt Business members Benjamin and Alexander in a handicap match, former Retribution members took each other on as well when Mansoor and Mustapha Ali beat Mace and T-Bar.

Natalya picked up some sort of right leg injury during the tag match between her and Tamina v Eva Marie and Doudrop, she had to be helped to backstage, hope its not serious.

Good show last night.

Forgot to mention that Karrion Kross fared a lot better this week, he beat Keith Lee in a good match in a repeat of the match they had last year, Kross beat Lee for the NXT title last summer.

It is back-to-back losses for Keith Lee but at least they are against two champions, and I think Kross needed the win more following last weeks terrible Raw debut.

John Cena and Riddle teamed up in the dark match after the show.

I have read its a twisted ankle for Natalya, don't know how long she will be out for but its not the worst injury you can get.

I seen Karrion Kross for the first time last night, and my goodness... I am sold on him. Never before have I seen anyone throw around 340 lb. [fellow Texan] Keith Lee the way I seen Karrion did. I only watch RAW and SmackDown!, and sometimes AEW.

And... Omos being Omos. I swear this guy is like The Great Khali 2.0- more athletic and imposing overall. He had no problem tossing around the Viking Raiders.

I don't recall it fully, but I was kind of impressed with Toni Storm. So now we have two Aussie ladies today- her and Rhea Ripley.

I like Kross a lot, he is a big badass who just dominates people, he is undefeated on NXT and is a two-time NXT champion having relinquished the title the first time because of injury, he won it back a few months later.

He normally has a lady with him at ringside by the name of Scarlett Bordeaux who hasn't made it with him to Raw yet, they are in a relationship and have been for a few years, and Karrion is one lucky guys as Scarlett is hot!

I am liking Karrion Kross, I remember him in Impact but he only was a lacky back then. He's really good as a simple serious but string antagonistic character and hope WWE uses him well (emphasis on hope)

I'm the odd man out then so far here on Kross in that "good attention-grabbing gimmick, toned down on the overly elaborate entrance on EVERY show, can't get invested in his matches"

Then again, my tastes are out there in what I get drawn into.

I'm the odd man out then so far here on Kross in that "good attention-grabbing gimmick, toned down on the overly elaborate entrance on EVERY show, can't get invested in his matches"

Then again, my tastes are out there in what I get drawn into.
Don't worry. I also have the odd tastes like I don't care much for Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks, and I think Bullet Club is getting milked as hard as nWo that I really just wish it was left be. :lol:

There was one thing I forgot to mention in my last post, and it's kind of off-topic. Remember Ryback? I found his YouTube channel. Apparently, it's a food channel on YouTube. "Feed... me... more! Wake up! It's feeding time!"

I actually rather like this Nikki A.S.H. Nikki can have a few screws loose at times, but I do like this superheroine deal she got going as Nikki A.S.H. (almost a superhero). As a lover of blue and gold color combinations, I do like the blue and gold outfit of hers. I think she's the first superheroine figure in WWE since Molly Holly had that superheroine deal going.

So once Raquel Gonzalez said that there was no-one out there left to step up and challenge her for her Women's title last night I thought 'yes there is, Dakota is standing right next to you', and then just a few minutes later Bam a big boot from Dakota to Raquel as she turned on her.

Now that Joe has signed his in-ring contract there are so many possibilities for him, not just against Kross...

Great.... more tournaments where the winner gets a horrible gimmick.

Charlotte winning is probably the best case scenario there as she won't change if she wins and saves everyone else from the Queen gimmick.

Tanahashi will face whoever walks out with the U.S. Championship tonight. They didn't exactly say where the match would take place but they certainly made it sound like it would be in AEW. :D

Tanahashi will face whoever walks out with the U.S. Championship tonight. They didn't exactly say where the match would take place but they certainly made it sound like it would be in AEW. :D
Given Tanahashi seems to be head of a promotional gimmick. I expect it to be at either NJPW Resurgence or the Metlife Wrestle Grandslam.

Either that or he wins beforehand at AEW and defends there

Last edited:
Back