Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Lesnar wrestled at a live event in Dallas on Friday night, well i say 'wrestled' but looked like he interfered in a tag team match involving lower-mid card talent such as Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Sin Cara and the Shining Stars and ripped through everyone in less than a minute.
So basically buried them.

How can Smackdown do a rather good job with the Women's division but at the same time Raw does a terrible job with it?

Raw last night, thought the main event was good between Show and Strowman, that match really surprised the hell out of me! they made Strowman look really strong but it was justified imo as he was looked superb, Show looked good with his weight loss, now billed as 383 pounds and not the previous 440.

Raw women's title re-match made for Fastlane, i wonder whats going to happen there!

Before and after Raw The Rock was there to give promo's, he shot some scenes at the Staples Centre for his new movie which is actually loosely based on Paige's life of her journey to the WWE, Florence Pugh plays Paige, indy talent Thea Trinidad plays AJ Lee, also stars Vince Vaughan!, they shot some in-ring scenes with a full crowd before and after the show, The Rock actually tried calling and Facetiming CM Punk in his promo after the show!

10-man Battle Royal on SD Live tonight to determine new 1 contender for Bray Wyatt.

I have two questions. 1, is Randy going to challenge for the Jam belt just before WM?

2, Including this crap-tastic match with Nikki, can Nattie Neidhart actually maintain a decent rivalry? Hell, a good match once in a while would be notably better.

Sadly I do. At times my life is that dull I end up watching this. Oh and hello from the ruthless aggression era where today randy orton was the third generation legend killer to a legend himself and where john cena was a growing star to a kids hero and when back when aj styles was getting popular in tna finally makes it to wwe. Also where 15 years later chris benoit is practically erased from history or at least his name is not to be mentioned. I'm surprised how this was from 2002 only just when they changed to wwe. Yes yes we all know it's fake its 2017 as everyone likes to say its not 2008 where people tried to prove it was fake with blurry slideshow intro's clips and metal or internet free music.

Didn't really like SD Live this week i have to say, the Falls Count Anywhere match was terrible and the whole Nattie/Nikki feud has been the worst thing on the show for a long time, the Battle Royal was pretty good but the finish was beyond belief, they had four refs there all the tech and slow mo replays in the World and still could find a conclusive winner plus they didn't even show a replay afterwards. In my opinion the match should have never gone ahead anyway, the Royal Rumble winner should face a Champion at WM no matter who he is, for Orton to say he won't face Wyatt because he has pledged his alligence is bollocks, i know he will likely face him anyway (rumoured to be in a triple threat with Harper), but this whole thing has put a bitter taste in my mouth.

One plus point from the Battle Royal for me is Harper, finally getting a run he has deserved for a while and he is looking really good, good for him. 👍

All that battle royal did was effectively cement Corbin/Ambrose, Cena/Miz, and Dolph/midcard as rivals going to WM, why they felt the need to do so is beyond me.

I really wanted Harper to win...oh wait, he did. The timing was a bit off between he and AJ. That said, I was getting behind Harper as the match went, if we get a clean Harper v. Styles match next week, it could be a really good one......if.

Not really liking the main event mainly because of orton its just no point in having him in the main event. Aj styles definitely deserves the main event spot and a feud with orton and styles i would love to have seen from 2004. I don't see them putting luke harper in the main event if you remember what happened with nathan jones they'll probably do the same thing to him. Orton was boring in 2015 he didn't need to do anything after battleground. He did deserve his break but still would've been nice to have him at mania he doesn't really need to do anything else he may of aswell just been a manager or something for wyatt or make him build a new faction. The ending to the Falls Count Anywhere match or after was just very predictable with that cena/bella vs maryse/miz feud (please don't have that at mania) i seriously don't want to see another miz vs cena especially at mania, they shouldn't of main evented 27 it was terrible aswell as the ending and cena facing miz again is just... dead. Also i like to refer to a post way back in 2002 i know its late but are you for real? Back when you commented that post wwe was kicking balls at the time at the start if the ruthless aggression era not back in the day in the miserable 80s early 90s with practically every big muscular sweaty men (vince mcmahon likes big sweaty men-king ross) i watched some of the old matches and the way the moved was slow most moves was perfected slow and weak (hogan vs andre wrestlemania 3) until like the late 90s kicked in was when wwf as it was known was definitely beating wcw with wcw having all new technology all new lights stage fasion but the same old wrestling type with most the mid cards in wwf put on better action and started flying to the top. Its just a shame how tna was coming alive starting to catch up with wwe despite copying some match types and when hogan came along yea i guess the ratings shot mlre higher but for the real tna fans loved the 6 sided ring and the first nail in that coffin with hogan was getting rid of 6 sides bringing back 4 sides. It was abit stupid and with the new stage aswell it was a new era abit like the cross the line era but a wcw type of version. And yea some story lines was great rebranding new factions like the old times but it was quickly going like how wcw started dying hogans big lovable face to a heel turn was like 1994-1996 in one hole year. Yea it started to change in late 2011 but still killing it. Come 2013 the stage is just smaller than a childrens wwe play set no pyro, it started rolling down hill further especially with dixie carter and her awful heel run. To me tna itself practically died in the summer of 2014. After when Dixie was put through the table and after that triple threat tag team feud went they finally moved arena but just looking at the arena and most the matches was just its death zone. Bound for glory 2014 was the worst event in its history never mind December to dismember. now tna all thats intresting is is that its like its being re buit into something different but now we are in the era where everyone has to play soft.

Ok I know this is long like a wrestling blog and I've practically changed story's mid way through the rant I'm going to change subject.

Now seeing that this is mainly a gran turismo related page and we all or i presume everyone here is here because of gn turismo, life long followers and even happens to like different things and sports especially WWE and all that. This is my life long question.

Because both of these was in 2005, has anyone ever noticed that this wrestlemania 21 theme song was in gran turismo 4?

Hopefully the link was posted. maybe not. Sorry for this being long.

On the subject of Wrestlemania themes, my favorites are Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva (WM23), My Way by Limp Bizkit (WM X Seven), and Coming Home by Diddy Dirty Money (feat. Skylar Grey) (WM29).

What is your favorite Wrestlemania theme?

On the subject of Wrestlemania themes, my favorites are Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva (WM23), My Way by Limp Bizkit (WM X Seven), and Coming Home by Diddy Dirty Money (feat. Skylar Grey) (WM29).

What is your favorite Wrestlemania theme?

Here's my ones

https://youtu.be/4mS5Um4WZmU

https://youtu.be/vG96sw6hCo8

And this is the greatest theme/ number 1 world wide trending it should practically be the music for its actual show itself.

https://youtu.be/4sDMt19MkRk

Raw tonight with Seth Rollins making his first appearance since being taking out by Samoa Joe and getting injured about a month ago now, Beth Phoenix just announced as another inductee into the years HOF.

Last week WWE had a mini tour of Germany and did some events there, in one of which Jericho made his first appearance since KO turned on him, he was giving a promo in the ring whilst being on crutches and he had his list on him when KO attacked him from behind and hit him with a crutch and a pop-up power-bomb in the ring, he needed 'medical attention', wonder if he'll show up tonight.

Another big bit of Wrestling news, Matt and Jeff Hardy have not resigned with TNA, leading to lots of speculation that they will be back on WWE soon, Drew Galloway hasn't resigned either.

Another big bit of Wrestling news, Matt and Jeff Hardy have not resigned with TNA, leading to lots of speculation that they will be back on WWE soon, Drew Galloway hasn't resigned either.
The only thing to really upset me about this is if
TNA really does own the rights to the whole "Broken" universe.

Ok seriously Hunter and Stephanie, are you just trying to not put Chyna to the HOF?She's dead now so could you please induct her to the HOF so you guys can finally bury the hatchet?

I don't mind Beth Phoenix however being inducted to the HOF though. More likely Natalya will be the one to induct her considering both are best friends and members of the Divas of Doom.

I highly doubt TNA/Impact Wrestling has the rights to the Broken Universe considering that Matt was the one who created it.

So I haven't tuned in for about two, three years minimum but I kinda am right now. What the hell is up with the purple ropes and stuff? :crazy:

So I haven't tuned in for about two, three years minimum but I kinda am right now. What the hell is up with the purple ropes and stuff? :crazy:

That's there for the Cruiserweight division. They had a tournament for them, the Cruiserweight Classic, and now a Cruiserweight-exclusive show called 205 Live. All have the same purple motif.

That's there for the Cruiserweight division. They had a tournament for them, the Cruiserweight Classic, and now a Cruiserweight-exclusive show called 205 Live. All have the same purple motif.
So in that case, nothing but cruiserweights? Hell I could definitely get used to that. I like that. Always was a fan of cruiserweight wrestling. :D

Thank you.

So in that case, nothing but cruiserweights? Hell I could definitely get used to that. I like that. Always was a fan of cruiserweight wrestling. :D

Thank you.

Yeah it's a really good show. Unfortunately, the live crowd atmosphere is a bit dead since it takes place right after Smackdown (which is Live these days, by the way). More often than not, people are leaving or just tired.

If you are thinking of getting back into things, I'd suggest you take a look at the Cruiserweight Classic on the Network. It was one of the best things WWE has done since I've been watching. They took guys from all over the world like Kota Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr., and put them up against wildcards and established guys like Tajiri and Brian Kendrick.

Yeah it's a really good show. Unfortunately, the live crowd atmosphere is a bit dead since it takes place right after Smackdown (which is Live these days, by the way). More often than not, people are leaving or just tired.

If you are thinking of getting back into things, I'd suggest you take a look at the Cruiserweight Classic on the Network. It was one of the best things WWE has done since I've been watching. They took guys from all over the world like Kota Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr., and put them up against wildcards and established guys like Tajiri and Brian Kendrick.
I'm definitely gonna tune in if I can. Sounds pretty interesting.

I'm not big on New Day hosting Wrestlemania, I see the purpose of it, but I think it's a bit meh.

However, since Broken Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy are on their way out of TNA at the end of this week, and with Meltzer reporting that it is very likely that they will be attending Wrestlemania 33, I have this feeling that they will interrupt The New Day in the middle of an in-ring segment sometime during show. That would be one hell of a re-debut for The Hardy Boyz.

Lost RAW for the second time due to my diplomacy, good destiny, or bad destiny?? Also, on a side-note about womens, Kaitlyn or Celeste, however you call her, is divorcing his husband apparently for "x" reasons I don't know...

She'd be in before both Chyna and Sable. And what exactly did she do? Hell, I'd go so far as to say Vikki Guererro is a better pick.
Providing a sliver of credibility to the women's division back in her day? :lol:

In fairness, I think it's a bit early too.

I'm not big on New Day hosting Wrestlemania, I see the purpose of it, but I think it's a bit meh.

However, since Broken Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy are on their way out of TNA at the end of this week, and with Meltzer reporting that it is very likely that they will be attending Wrestlemania 33, I have this feeling that they will interrupt The New Day in the middle of an in-ring segment sometime during show. That would be one hell of a re-debut for The Hardy Boyz.

Vanguard-1 would be perfect for this role.

Going to watch Raw tonight, cant wait as Cesaro v Samoa Joe sounds lit!

On Smackdown tonight it AJ Styles v Luke Harper which is another match i cant wait for, Harper has soared in recent weeks and his stock will only get higher tonight.

Back