Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,202 comments
I see WWE has gone full circle and returned to the 'Golden Era'.
More like New Generation era. But history repeats itself. At some point we might even see these happening if they're going back to New Generation era:

- A wrestler holding a title for a year similar to Diesel (I'm looking at you Reigns.)
- Vince and HHH building on new stars.
- The old guard (Undertaker, Big Show, Kane, Goldust, etc.) retiring.
- Competition against NJPW growing to the point where NJPW/WWE declaring war similar to WCW/WWF.
- A scandal that may damage WWE's reputation similar to the steroid scandal.
- Ratings plummeting to all time low due to competition.

As for the PPV name. I don't like it at all. It's like the creative are acting like kids.

OK then there is a PPV tonight, first one since WrestleMania, its Payback which technically is a Raw event but there are Smackdown implications during the show, here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Enzo Amore & Big Cass v Gallows & Anderson

---------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) v Austin Aries

Seth Rollins v Samoa Joe

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Hardy Boyz (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Raw Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Alexa Bliss

United States Championship
Kevin Owens (c) v Chris Jericho
If Jericho wins he moves to Smackdown.

Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman

WWE Championship-House Of Horrors Match
Randy Orton (c) v Bray Wyatt

Good looking card, can and will stay up to watch it, no-one is still really sure what a House Of Horrors match really is ...

I've been hearing this may not be a title match. Also that no one still has a solid idea how the match is built.

When they were doing the promo's for it post-shakeup they no longer had the "WWE Championship" over the title so I'm guessing it's no longer up for grabs. Plus who knows if it's even been "returned" to Randy yet. :lol:

Granted it's obvious Randy is going to win either way.

Also...

If Jericho wins does Owens go back to Raw? The Smackdown when Owens was introduced made it seem like it was the title itself that was coming over and whoever wins tonight will be the one to carry it over. None of the subsequent shows have done anything to alleviate this confusion either as Kevin hasn't really been included in the title storyline and is instead doing the "generic foreign heel" gimmick. :confused:

When they were doing the promo's for it post-shakeup they no longer had the "WWE Championship" over the title so I'm guessing it's no longer up for grabs. Plus who knows if it's even been "returned" to Randy yet. :lol:

Granted it's obvious Randy is going to win either way.

Also...

If Jericho wins does Owens go back to Raw? The Smackdown when Owens was introduced made it seem like it was the title itself that was coming over and whoever wins tonight will be the one to carry it over. None of the subsequent shows have done anything to alleviate this confusion either as Kevin hasn't really been included in the title storyline and is instead doing the "generic foreign heel" gimmick. :confused:
I can see Wyatt winning, but I can also see the match being god awful.

The US title, as I've understood, was the traded article as it wouldn't make much sense, even for WWE, to have the US and IC belts on one show. IF Jericho wins, yes he would go to SD...but he won't. KO will get a boost from beating him clean, and Jericho will (yet again) go on tour with his band.

KO will get a boost from beating him clean, and Jericho will (yet again) go on tour with his band.

Probably, I guess I just don't like the new direction KO is taking, especially with Jinder pretty much doing a variation of the same thing.

Edit:

Chris won!!!!

Guessing he'll probably lose it on Tuesday

Edit 2:

The House of Horrors match sucked.

Also, there is a rumor that WWE has purchased the rights to the broken gimmick and some actions during the match and on twitter post-match seem to support that.

Last edited:
PayBack was OK but special at all, House of Horrors match was seriously weird and a 'what the **** did i just watch?!' moment Liked Cesaro and Sheamus turning heel, Alexa winning the title was good and Jericho retaining was a surprise, rest of it was really meh....

Does anyone else get the feeling WWE is just going to have Braun continuously beat the crap out of Roman in the hopes it will make fans feel bad for him and thus actually cheer for him?

Does anyone else get the feeling WWE is just going to have Braun continuously beat the crap out of Roman in the hopes it will make fans feel bad for him and thus actually cheer for him?
They did it with Reigns and Lesnar before. I wouldn't be surprised.

So i read that Raw got its worst ratings of 2017, having watched the show i cant say I'm surprised, the main event was great but I'm not sure about the ending, I liked the Ambrose/Miz feud last year so i welcome the fact that they go again but its really the same guys going for the IC title, the Miz has held it six times, why not choose someone else?.

Bray v Finn sounds interesting but isn't that just another feud that Bray will lose?

I think the main problem with the show atm is this, during the Miz TV segment on the kick-off show on Sunday both Finn and Miz mentioned the Universal title and Brock Lesnar, that was the first time that either have been mentioned in three weeks, a part-timer holding one of the main belts in the company just doesn't work...

one more foot-note from last night, whilst i agree with the Cesaro/Sheamus heel turn I cant take them seriously as a heel tag team until the WWE wardrobe department dress them properly, they looked ridiculous last night, what is up with those kilts?!

Smackdown tonight will feature Chris Jericho's last appearance for a while, the Fozzy tour starts on Saturday, this run has been the best he has had since he turned part-time and possibly the best we have ever seen him, he will most definitely be missed.

I did have a look on those "photos" of Charlotte and I'm disappointed.

Sorry if I'm acting green-minded though.

WWE are currently on their twice annual European tour, Raw and Smackdown will be from the O2 in London next week.

In assuming Reigns will be "too injured" to be there again then :lol:

Hey, not everyone is able to come back from serious injuries in a week like Dean Ambrose did after he was crushed by a fork lift. :lol:

They gave Reigns two weeks off before PayBack so he could mourn his brother.

I really did feel sorry for Reigns during that. He was at that nuclear heat stage so you had some "fans" saying "the wrong brother" etc. Just as bad as when people wish injury on wrestlers.

I really did feel sorry for Reigns during that. He was at that nuclear heat stage so you had some "fans" saying "the wrong brother" etc. Just as bad as when people wish injury on wrestlers.
At this point I'm confused. Why are they even hating Roman Reigns as a person? I'd understand if they boo Roman Reigns as a character but why mock and hate Reigns as a person?

Seriously I'm starting to feel sorry for Joe Anoa'i. I may not be a fan of Roman Reigns but at least I respect Reigns as a person. Treat him like he belongs in this world.

At this point I'm confused. Why are they even hating Roman Reigns as a person? I'd understand if they boo Roman Reigns as a character but why mock and hate Reigns as a person?

Seriously I'm starting to feel sorry for Joe Anoa'i. I may not be a fan of Roman Reigns but at least I respect Reigns as a person. Treat him like he belongs in this world.
Because they don't, or some refuse to, separate the person from the role.

Back