Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Enjoyed Raw, thought it was much better than last weeks, great crowd! The viewership was down again but its no surprise this time as it was a taped show and not live, looks like Strowman's injury is legit, its a shame if its true...

LOL Mahal getting a clean pin on Orton. Even if he can't win the WWE title by Backlash, he can still be a heel to look out for.

According to dirt sheets Strowman is out for 6-8 weeks to sort an issue with his elbow.

Hopefully WWE leaked that cause it will only take 2-3 or something and suddenly at great balls of fire Lesnar gets destroyed by Strowman.

They really need to turn Roman heel. Like I can imagine Roman destroying Strowman with steel chairs and continue doing it until he's not longer capable of fighting.

Did you hear the crowd reaction when his music hit on Monday night?! Holy cow!

Yeah he could've used that heat if he was a heel.

But still if Roman was a heel, that would've saved his career.

Congrats to both Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella who gave birth to a daughter this week, they have called her Birdie-Joe, cute name.

Jim Ross has hinted that he will be calling the Orton-Mahal match at Backlash next Sunday, he is in the area as he is doing his one-man show in Chicago around three miles form the Allstate where the event is.

heel_turn.png

Raw was not a bad show, liked both Balor-Reigns and Rollins-Wyatt matches, that fatal five way match sounds brilliant, a lot of great talent in that match. when I saw that 'Heel Turn' sign I thought it was Roman so I was kinda deflated that it was only Goldust, it was about time that team broke up though....

Also am I the only one that thinks the whole Strowman having surgery and now being out for six months is just storyline?!

Raw was not a bad show, liked both Balor-Reigns and Rollins-Wyatt matches, that fatal five way match sounds brilliant, a lot of great talent in that match.

It seems like it may be the only redeeming match at Extreme Rules as the rest just doesn't do anything for me.

Also am I the only one that thinks the whole Strowman having surgery and now being out for six months is just storyline?!

If it's just storyline, he's extremely committed. (Pic isn't super graphic, but it's still a surgery pic so yeah)

Last edited:
Another clean pin for Mahal? They're really making Mahal a heel to look out for.

Other than that, Smackdown average-decent for me.

So a big weekend of Wrestling is upon us, there's Backlash tomorrow night but before that the is an NXT: Takeover event and here is the card.

Roderick Strong v Eric Young

United Kingdom Championship
Tyler Bate (c) v Pete Dunne

NXT Tag Team Championship-Ladder Match
Authors Of Pain (c) v DIY (Ciampa and Gargano)

NXT Women's Championship-Triple Threat Match
Asuka (c) v Ruby Riot v Nikki Cross

NXT Championship
Bobby Roode (c) v Hideo Itami

Backlash card...

Kick-Off Show

Tye Dillinger v Aiden English

----------------------------------------------------

Luke Harper v Erick Rowan

Baron Corbin v Sami Zayn

Carmella, Tamina & Natalya v Becky Lynch, Charlotte & Naomi

Shinsuke Nakamura v Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Uso's (c) v Breezango

United States Championship
Kevin Owens (c) v AJ Styles

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) v Jinder Mahal

Decent looking card, cant watch tonight but will watch tomorrow afternoon, from about 2pm..

Backlash card...

Kick-Off Show

Tye Dillinger v Aiden English

----------------------------------------------------

Luke Harper v Erick Rowan

Baron Corbin v Sami Zayn

Carmella, Tamina & Natalya v Becky Lynch, Charlotte & Naomi

Shinsuke Nakamura v Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Uso's (c) v Breezango

United States Championship
Kevin Owens (c) v AJ Styles

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) v Jinder Mahal

Decent looking card, cant watch tonight but will watch tomorrow afternoon, from about 2pm..
I'll watch this tomorrow when the eldest is at nursery. The UK match at Takeover was rather good.

So Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion. These are words that I am typing right now not to discuss how my Universe mode game went off the rails. I can't believe they actually went through with this. I love it, THEY COULDN'T HINDER JINDER.

So Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion. These are words that I am typing right now not to discuss how my Universe mode game went off the rails. I can't believe they actually went through with this. I love it, THEY COULDN'T HINDER JINDER.
Any bets on...

AJ vs. Jinder

KO vs. AJ vs. Jinder

...at the next PPV?

inb4 people who wanted new stars to win the WWE Championship complain

I seriously can't wait for the smarks to explode now that Mahal is champion. You wanted a new wrestler to be on the WWE title picture? You got it. And I can imagine the heel heat the Mahal is getting when he enters SD Live as champion.

inb4 people who wanted new stars to win the WWE Championship complain

I seriously can't wait for the smarks to explode now that Mahal is champion. You wanted a new wrestler to be on the WWE title picture? You got it. And I can imagine the heel heat the Mahal is getting when he enters SD Live as champion.
The problem isn't because Mahal is new, it's the fact he was skyrocketed out of nowhere without any build up to him as a performer whatsoever. He went from Sami Zayn's whipping boy to Mojo Rawley's whipping boy to the top of the roster with Brock Lesnar, I feel like there was something in the middle that was missing to build him up. I had this problem with Finn Balor too but at least he had NXT success. Makes me feel like this is an inside joke that I'm just not getting.

Well, this PPV beats my fanfiction.

The problem isn't because Mahal is new, it's the fact he was skyrocketed out of nowhere without any build up to him as a performer whatsoever. He went from Sami Zayn's whipping boy to Mojo Rawley's whipping boy to the top of the roster with Brock Lesnar, I feel like there was something in the middle that was missing to build him up. I had this problem with Finn Balor too but at least he had NXT success. Makes me feel like this is an inside joke that I'm just not getting.

Well, this PPV beats my fanfiction.
Then again, this is aimed at those who wanted new wrestlers to be in the title picture. I can't blame WWE booking for this. This is more on the WWE Universe's fault. They whined about wanting new wrestlers to be in the title picture and now they got it.

But they can pull of a Christian if they want to but if they really want to make Mahal's title reign more interesting, then have him feud with Rusev. Remember when Rusev turned against Mahal? This is WWE's chance to capitalize on Rusev's turn against Mahal then finally we can see Rusev hold the WWE title at last.

Then again, this is aimed at those who wanted new wrestlers to be in the title picture
No, this was aimed to help promote WWEs ventures in India.

I can't blame WWE booking for this. This is more on the WWE Universe's fault. They whined about wanting new wrestlers to be in the title picture and now they got it.
Think about it, before going for the WWE Title he was a jobber, he had nothing going for him and no build up whatsoever. This downgrades the WWE Championship more than it upgrades him.

Yes people want new people at the top as its refreshing but how the person gets the title is a very important point more than what just happened.

Well I don't care at this point. I can't wait for the smarks to complain though.
I feel like that attitude does nothing to benefit Jinders push as well caring more about the smarks than the actual person.

I know the fans can be ruining the product in cases but supporting bad storytelling like this just to get back at them isn't going to make the product better.

pYcieAS.jpg

The thing that annoys me the most is that it's so rushed I don't think I've seen the 2 other guys actually get introduced. I obviously get their purpose, but it just feels off not knowing who the hell they are or why they're helping Jinder.

Back