Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
I just can't wait see how these "fans" are going to react now that Jinder is the champions.

Besides a lot of these "fans" got triggered when Randy tweeted something in regards to these new generation wrestlers plus he even had a photo with Drew Gulak and his No Fly Zone.

I want to see more though and I want see those "fans" getting triggered.

I don't get what's the problem. We all like wrestling for different reasons. Young people nowadays usually like the explosive flippy kind, nothing wrong with that. I like it for its storytelling and atmosphere. Others like slower paced wrestling, some people like more than 1 of these things or even more.

I feel like Randy Orton is just getting upset that people don't like his style of wrestling, we all know he has a horrid temper.

From what I've seen, it's just that wrestling today is just full of highflyers and explosive flippy wrestlers. What happened to brawlers, heavyweights and good promo cutters like The Rock, SCSA, HHH, Cena, and more.

I think its about time that WWE needs those types of wrestlers back so they can at least be different compared to NJPW, ROH, and more.

Oh yeah Randy's temper. Please ask Kofi Kingston and Mr. Kennedy about RKO's anger issues.

I don't mind Jinder, he has a good look, wrestles well and is good on the mic (loved his promo last night in the parking lot) but Jinder as WWE champ, yeah I don't know about that...

PPV was good but nothing really stood out apart from the main event, Owens and Styles had match of the night.

From what I've seen, it's just that wrestling today is just full of highflyers and explosive flippy wrestlers. What happened to brawlers, heavyweights and good promo cutters like The Rock, SCSA, HHH, Cena, and more.

I think its about time that WWE needs those types of wrestlers back so they can at least be different compared to NJPW, ROH, and more.

Oh yeah Randy's temper. Please ask Kofi Kingston and Mr. Kennedy about RKO's anger issues.
It's wrestling changing with something new, it always happens. 90s was all about the big promo cutters, 80s were about the heavyweight and the 2000s were all about the brawlers. and if you like it or not, WWE would be missing out on a portion of fans if they left it out.

How soon will Rusev be back? I just had a thought that Jinder will be a transition champ and drop it to him not long after he shows up.

How soon will Rusev be back? I just had a thought that Jinder will be a transition champ and drop it to him not long after he shows up.
I heard plans for him to be the MitB winner this year but that's all I heared and can change.

I heard that Corbin or Sami Zayn might be the ones to win MITB though. I'm fine with either wrestler but I think Zayn needs to beat Kevin Owens first before he can eventually get to the WWE title picture first.

I heard that Corbin or Sami Zayn might be the ones to win MITB though. I'm fine with either wrestler but I think Zayn needs to beat Kevin Owens first before he can eventually get to the WWE title picture first.
He already won the rivalry last year. Sure they still have a hatred for each other that's carried on but Sami Zayn has already won a big match against Owens.

I feel bad for Apollo as WWE clearly has no clue how to use him.

Also, whoever "attacked" Enzo is now my favorite wrestler.

I'm going to guess it was Cass.

If it is Cass, then WWE is now turning Cass into Test and I've been waiting for that to happen ever since.

Never would have imagined Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater to have held championships in 2016 and 2017.

I think the number of people expecting that is close to 10...

No really, just 10. Were you expecting me to say "thousand" or "hundred"? But Jinder's victory far surpasses Heath's in terms of shock effect. Especially over a established name like Randy freaking Orton... That's something only wrestling videogames could conjure, and that's already a stretch.

I guess all that's left is for Drew Mcintyre to have an NXT Championship run and Heath to win the IC title and we'll be set for the year of 3MB...

I always liked 3MB. I dunno if it's the rebellious side in me with the patriotic WWE (USA) but I love seeing foreigners in there. Lana and her "stupid americans", you'll never hear me boo that. :lol:

The Mahal celebration wasn't great was it?, and neither was his promo. The crowd were really indifferent to it too with a few empty seats spotted during the segment, this is going to backfire quite horribly....

The Mahal celebration wasn't great was it?

Considering they were supposedly undecided on Jinder a couple hours prior to Backlash I wasn't expecting much.

As for the promo itself, it just highlights one of my biggest problems with the "America Sucks" gimmick, that being it doesn't really leave the wrestler anywhere to go so it gets old fast.

Next weeks Smackdown will feature a fatal 5-way elimination match to determine the number one contender for the Women's title, which is interesting as I have read they are considering having a Women's MITB match...

In all honesty, I like Jinder. He has a simple, more powerhouse-based moveset. Not big on the "America sucks" gimmick, but almost every foreign wrestler has that gimmick by default.

It's a good thing Nakamura didn't get bit by that "'Murica Sucks" bug. He's the proof a foreign wrestler can get by in the main roster without insulting the country. Sure, he mocks Ziggler, but A) that's because Naka is the face and it's part of a rivalry and B) Naka is a jokester just like Andrade Cien Almas...

Eva
In all honesty, I like Jinder. He has a simple, more powerhouse-based moveset. Not big on the "America sucks" gimmick, but almost every foreign wrestler has that gimmick by default.
I like him too but the push feels too random IMO.

Next weeks Smackdown will feature a fatal 5-way elimination match to determine the number one contender for the Women's title, which is interesting as I have read they are considering having a Women's MITB match...

The match never started and was used to announce the MITB match instead. It may very well be the best match of the night.

Edit: Why do I both hate and love Breezango?

Last edited:
Enjoyed Smackdown but Raw was pretty terrible apart from Reigns/Rollins and the triple threat match, The 'this is your life' bit was crap.

So there is a lot of Wrestling around right now, we had Backlash two weeks ago, we have Money In The Bank two weeks away and slotting neatly in between is Raw's Extreme Rules tonight and here is the card.

Rich Swann & Sasha Banks v Noam Dar & Alicia Fox

Raw Tag Team Championship-Steel Cage Match
The Hardy Boyz (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Cruiserweight Championship-Submissions Match
Neville (c) v Austin Aries

Raw Women's Championship-Kendo Stick on a pole match
Alexa Bliss (c) v Bayley

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) v The Miz
(If Ambrose is DQ'd then he loses the belt)

No1 Contenders Mach for the Universal Championship-Extreme Rules Fatal Five Way Elimination Match.
Roman Reigns v Samoa Joe v Bray Wyatt v Finn Balor v Seth Rollins

No word on the kick-off show match, will watch this tomorrow, they have been bigging up Balor quite a bit lately, so chances are he wont win!

This may be the least interesting PPV since I started watching again in December.

Rich Swann & Sasha Banks v Noam Dar & Alicia Fox

Guessing this will be the pre-show match as it seems so hastily done and doesn't really have any implications. I'm guessing Swann & Banks will win.

Raw Tag Team Championship-Steel Cage Match
The Hardy Boyz (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

I'm hoping Cesaro & Shaemus win as I'm already getting sick of the Hardy's.

Cruiserweight Championship-Submissions Match
Neville (c) v Austin Aries

Please let Neville win so we can move on and see someone besides Austin get a push.

Raw Women's Championship-Kendo Stick on a pole match

Alexa Bliss (c) v Bayley

Considering how this match has been built up I'm guessing Bayley will "get extreme" and win, which is a shame as I love Alexa as champion.

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) v The Miz
(If Ambrose is DQ'd then he loses the belt)

Another match that hasn't had the best build-up, I'm guessing Maryse will do something to The Miz thus handing him the championship.

No1 Contenders Mach for the Universal Championship-Extreme Rules Fatal Five Way Elimination Match.
Roman Reigns v Samoa Joe v Bray Wyatt v Finn Balor v Seth Rollins

I'm putting my money on Samoa Joe, he hasn't really been given the push he deserves so hopefully this is the starting point.

Back