Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,197 comments
Lesnar has been the bookies favourite even before Joe was emerged as his opponent.

However there have been a surge of bets for Samoa Joe in the last 24 hours, do they know something we don't?!

I'm kind of surprised Neville retained as I really don't think there's much left in that tank.

This Tag team match will be repeated in the next PPV, trust me lol

It's not like there's really much in the way of options. :lol:

Edit: WTF was that? :scared:

Edit 2: Seems they've scrapped the Miz/Maryse split storyline, which is good because Maryse sucked at pretending to be mad at the Miz.

Last edited:
Sadly, I think the highlight of the night was Alexa's elbow trick. The ambulance thing could have been better had it not been so bloody obvious Roman was waiting for Braun to get away from the thing before backing it up. :lol:

So can we say the first Great Balls of Fire... burned out? :sly: :lol:

I'm currently watching it (currently busy with the Hardys/Bar match), so I can't give my full thoughts on it. But for @BKGlover, I can safely say Enzo was left on one piece. He didn't do much other than cutting a good promo, though... It's like a cheap budget version of Joe/Lesnar (yeah I went there :lol:).

Right then....

Rollins v Wyatt was good but I couldn't really work out why they were feuding, needs a proper reason to add to it, Cass v Enzo was just a demolition job, Enzo's promo beforehand was superb and its the main reason that WWE mustn't forget about him, the Iron man tag team match brilliant, it told a story and it proved Cesaro and Sheamus as one of the great tag teams right now, Bliss v Banks was a bit meh but after the match was good and this is going to be a hot feud going forward, Miz v Ambrose was meh and that feud should end now, find a new opponent for Miz (Balor?) and turn Ambrsoe heel, he needs it!.

On to the two big matches, Ambulance match was good but I think they have had better matches, loved the bit where Reigns kept slamming him with the chair and Strowman was like 'yeah...so what!', the finish was a bit stupid with Reigns effectively running in to the Ambulance when it had its doors wide open, I thought afterwards was a bit strange tbh with Reigns basically attempting murder, I think they did it by letting Strowman leave the Ambulance when Reigns was looking in his side mirror for all that time then he somehow got back in during the jaws of life bit.

One thing I have to say about the Universal title match is that it needed more time, it was just eight minutes from bell to bell, I know it had that outside stuff before, the match was good but it could have been a lot better IMO.

Match of the night was Slater v Hawkins WHAT A MATCH!!!!! :dopey:

he somehow got back in during the jaws of life bit.

Most ambulances of that style have an access in between the cab and the rear so EMT's can go back and forth. He probably climbed in when they were focused on the Slater vs. Hawkins match and then took the rest of the time to prepare his "wounds".

Speaking of wounds, there was a surprising amount of blood last night. Ambrose, Bliss and Strowman all appeared to be bleeding, even if it was all fake it's still surprising in the PG era.

Speaking of wounds, there was a surprising amount of blood last night. Ambrose, Bliss and Strowman all appeared to be bleeding, even if it was all fake it's still surprising in the PG era.

Don't forget Matt Hardy, who seemingly bumped heads with Sheamus during the Tag Title match and busted his own head wide open... And that one was certainly legit as far as wounds go.

I only caught the very end of that match so I didn't see that.

Fair enough. I guess you didn't see the post-match events? Because medics were tending to Matt's head as The Bar was leaving the ring with the titles. In fact, I would've missed it myself if it weren't for that and the newLEGACYinc commentary saying that Matt was bleeding from the head. I'd say it was a similar accident to the one CM Punk had with JBL when they fought for the WHC in Summerslam 2009 (IIRC?); when big noggins' bump, one's bound to crack...

Fair enough. I guess you didn't see the post-match events? Because medics were tending to Matt's head as The Bar was leaving the ring with the titles. In fact, I would've missed it myself if it weren't for that and the newLEGACYinc commentary saying that Matt was bleeding from the head. I'd say it was a similar accident to the one CM Punk had with JBL when they fought for the WHC in Summerslam 2009 (IIRC?); when big noggins' bump, one's bound to crack...

I was back into my book the second the clock hit zero. The Hardy Boyz don't really click with me so I wasn't really into the match (hence why I was reading for the first 28 minutes of it). :lol:

I was back into my book the second the clock hit zero. The Hardy Boyz don't really click with me so I wasn't really into the match (hence why I was reading for the first 28 minutes of it). :lol:

And that's why the match bombed. If only it wasn't so bloody obvious that the match was just feud filler, people could've gotten more invested in it... As it turned out, it just fell flat. That and the ref screwing up a 3-count at one point didn't help things... Not often I hear a "ref sucks" chant during a PPV. In the second day of the G1 Special, even the ref got cheered during the opening match! :lol:

Really enjoyed the Angle/Reigns/Joe/Lesnar segment last night, best segment on Raw this year?!. I think so....

Heyman gets a lot of deserved credit for his mic skills but Lesnar is pretty good on the mic too and should do it more often, I loved that bit where he said to Reigns that he doesn't deserve **** and they had to bleep it out! :lol:

What do you guys think of this Angle controversy thing?, I think it could be an affair with Stephanie, they had a Triple H/Angle/Steph love triangle storyline in the early 2000.

Really enjoyed the Angle/Reigns/Joe/Lesnar segment last night, best segment on Raw this year?!. I think so....

Heyman gets a lot of deserved credit for his mic skills but Lesnar is pretty good on the mic too and should do it more often, I loved that bit where he said to Reigns that he doesn't deserve **** and they had to bleep it out! :lol:

Commenting as someone who hasn't watched a good deal of wresting for two months (if not longer) I thought it was brilliant. Joe and Lesnar have fantastic chemistry, so much so it's a crying shame they have Lesnar on this 'suplex, suplex, suplex, F5' program when he's more than capable of outshining half the damn roster.

Reigns... bleh. He just looked and talked like a fish out of water. In related news, Joe's theme is fantastic.

Anyone keeping up with the whole Del Rio/Paige saga?, Paige really needs to get rid if she has any chance of her in ring comebacks, Del Rio sounds like a real ****

Anyone keeping up with the whole Del Rio/Paige saga?, Paige really needs to get rid if she has any chance of her in ring comebacks, Del Rio sounds like a real ****
Unfortunately Paige seems to be protecting him, which seems to be what happens with many abuse cases. Audio released sounds highly different to the tweets "explaining" it from Paige.

WWE loves to tease us e? First the Broken gimmick and now a possible Styles V Cena part 3.

There was no way they would have Cena v Styles on a regular Smackdown as the opening match!

I know this is still a WWE thread but I don't think each wrestling promotion needs an individual thread for it.

I was watching NJPW tonight and heard something I had missed in the shows up to now. For those who don't know, there's this guy named Katsuyori Shibata, here's a picture:
220px-Katsuyori_Shibata_NEVER_Openweight_Champion.JPG

He's 37 and while he had a less than stellar MMA record (4-10-1), his wrestling trumps it. On top of looking like he's made of granite,and moreso when in action, he (like almost all wrestlers in Japan) wrestles in a style that makes steel look soft. Able to deliver chops that would drop a average person, he's probably best known for his "HOLY **** CHRIST" missile dropkicks and "HOW IS HE NOT DEAD?" myriad of kicks to the head and torso. Well, he's also damned good at submissions too, sleepers and chokes are go to moves...usually to set up an opponent so he can kick their head into Tokyo Bay.

He's a 3-time IWGP NEVER Champion, IWGP Tag Champ, Rev Pro British Heavyweight Champion, NJPW Tag League Champ, New Japan Cup winner, and has 3 5-star matches to his credit...and unfortunately those last two items tie into each other.

April 9th, New Japan Cup winner Shibata faced off against IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada in a match for the championship. During the match apparently Shibata delivered a headbutt, a move he uses regularly but in this instance "the sound on impact nauseated some in attendance". Shibata lost the match, then collapsed backstage and was rushed to the hospital where he had surgery for a subdural hematoma. While the match received a 5-star rating from Dave Meltzer, it's also highly likely that his in-ring career is now over. New Japan is reportedly looking to sign him as a coach.

That said, Shibata is still in recovery. He has a blog...somewhere, it's being translated by a guy on Twitter named STRIGGA who looks like a wrestling journalist on the surface (some of the links off twitter didn't work for me, so take it with a grain of salt), so along with being a pretty decent wrestling-based account, it's gonna be the most direct way of keeping up with what's going on.

Why am I going on about this? He's not dead, it wasn't just a concussion, and unlike Daniel Bryan if I'm reading these updates right he's just trying to get back to what we would call normal. Is he the only severely injured wrestler? No. I've seen Shibata's matches, just what little I've seen is damned good so I guess I've...is 'invested' the right word here?...in what he, amongst others in New Japan, provided. Shibata, Ishii, and Goto were the ones who sold me on New Japan, so it's like keeping up with updates on Daniel Bryan, Mick Foley, or anyone else you can think of.

I've wanted to say this for ages but I didn't think it was possible, however @BKGlover post makes me want to raise the issue

We really should turn this thread into a Wrestling thread and not just WWE, we could maybe call it 'The General Wrestling Thread', I know we sort of talk about all thing Wrestling on here anyway but it really should be official.

I'm not entirely sure this is possible however, who has the power to do that? Is it the mods or just the thread starter? if its the thread starter then we are screwed as that guy is long gone!

I think the mods could change the thread title. Oh and yeah the OP of this thread has been banned for a very long time now.

And yeah Talking Smack being cancelled? I smell Vince not liking the fact that SD Live is better than Raw.

Another bit of news about Talking Smack is that Renee Young and Daniel Bryan weren't foretold by the WWE that it was being shelved, they got the news on Twitter, like everyone else did, someone tweeted about it and Renee responded by saying 'Well, that's certainly one way of getting the news.'

The two main hosts of the show weren't told that it was being cancelled...

I smell Vince not liking the fact that SD Live is better than Raw.

Wasn't the Raw equivalent cancelled awhile ago?

I don't understand either getting the axe considering it can't be that expensive to put the shows on.

On a related note, Unfiltered has also been cancelled.

Just to reiterate, Talking Smack will still be on after PPV's, its the weekly show that's been pulled.....

There will be an interview with Kurt Angle on WWE Network immediately following Raw tonight.

I really have to give WWE credit on this as even though there is plenty of speculation about what's going on, they don't appear to be anything more than just that.

John Cena may appear tonight as well as he was at a Raw house show on Sunday and there are apparently plans for him to do some Raw shows during his Free Agent gimmick.

Back