Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
I've really liked all the build up towards this since Raw last Monday, hope it doesn't disappoint.

I have a feeling someone is gonna attack Kurt before he makes his announcement.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of announcing the post-RAW interview though. Unless they announced it purely to throw people off or are using it to announce a SummerSlam match.

Edit: Raw has been pretty good so far, hopefully they do more than just tease a Shield reunion.

So Jason Jordan is Kurt's "son", didn't see that coming.

Edit 2: Raw was rather good tonight with the exception of the Bray Wyatt bit.

Last edited:
Enjoyed Raw, both the main event segment and the tag team match between Revival and the Hardys were great.

The Angle/Jordan bit, eh kinda fell flat for me after all that build up, didn't really see it coming thought and intrigued by the fact that Jason Jordan is on the Raw roster.

I've wanted to say this for ages but I didn't think it was possible, however @BKGlover post makes me want to raise the issue

We really should turn this thread into a Wrestling thread and not just WWE, we could maybe call it 'The General Wrestling Thread', I know we sort of talk about all thing Wrestling on here anyway but it really should be official.

I'm not entirely sure this is possible however, who has the power to do that? Is it the mods or just the thread starter? if its the thread starter then we are screwed as that guy is long gone!

I can get behind this.

Back to New Japan, the 2017 G1 Climax tournament is underway. Personally have Tetsuya Naito penciled in to win for a second time, then dethrone Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 12 (if he doesn't drop the title before then, he should have the record for longest reign at 594 days, beating Shinya Hashimoto's 489 days)

Also of note is that this is grumpy buttkicking Japanese grandpa legend Yuji Nagata's last time in the G1.

Wasn't expecting Jason Jordan to be Kurt Angle's "son". WWE might be trying to make Jason Jordan the next Shelton Benjamin but it would've been better if Chad Gable was in RAW as well for Angle to make World's Greatest Tag Team 2.0. Still I hope this storyline becomes successful because the last time WWE pulled a storyline like this well it didn't turn out pretty well.

Quite the day for Shane O'Mac, the helicopter he was travelling in this morning crash landed in/on water just near Long Island, it was just him and the pilot and they were both uninjured and wearing life jackets upon rescuing.

So Battleground is tomorrow and the only thing I find even slightly interesting is finding out the conclusion to the Breezango story line. :lol:

SummerSlam is shaping up to be good though if WWE books it as rumored.

Battleground card for tonight...

Kick-Off Show

Tye Dillenger v Aiden English

----------------------------------------------

Sami Zayn v Mike Kanellis

Flag Match
John Cena v Rusev

Shinsuke Nakamura v Baron Corbin

Smackdown Women's Championship number one contenders match-Fatal Five Way Elimination Match
Charlotte v Becky Lynch v Natalya v Lana v Tamina

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Uso's (c) v The New Day

United States Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Kevin Owens

WWE Championship-Punjabi Prison Match
Jinder Mahal (c) v Randy Orton

Staying up to watch it tonight, not a great looking card if I'm honest....

I've got a week off work this week, so ill stay up...

Looking forward to the Nakamura/Corbin match and Styles/Owens, but not much else...

Hopefully the prison match isn't gonna be a flop like the other ones.

It will be interesting to see how it ends up considering both prior matches didn't exactly have the most athletic wrestlers (Batista v. Great Khali & Big Show v. Undertaker).

Edit: It may just be my low expectations, but tonight has been pretty good.

Last edited:
f715b0da29fb6aef-600x400.jpg

He's back. I hope they make him a good heel again.

...yeah, it doesn't bode well for the PPV if this kind of posts pop up in my feed. I think I'm skipping this for my antiboredom-self's sake. :lol:
Besides, I'm enjoying watching a full G1 Climax in order for the first time in many years... If anyone else here is following that, what have been your personal favorite matches?

The tag team opener was superb and the best tag match this year (yay new champs!), Happy that Natalya won the five way but the finish was terrible, Styles/Owens had a good match but the finish was terrible, Cena/Rusev had a decent match with a predictable finish, Nakamura/Corbin had a good match but the finish was terrible and the main event was good but a pretty terrible finish and no cash in from Corbin.....and Jinder is still champ.

Worst PPV of the year thus far for me....

At least Raw should be good tonight, Ambrose/Rollins v the Miz-tourage, Bayley/Sasha number one contenders match, Balor v Samson, Angle/Jason Jordan fallout....

I'm enjoying watching a full G1 Climax in order for the first time in many years... If anyone else here is following that, what have been your personal favorite matches?

Do you subscribe to NJPW's streaming service? If so do they allow you to watch things shortly after they happen?

I was looking at it the other day but since I can't watch most of the matches live I decided to hold off.

Edit: I'm already sick of the Angle/Jordan gimmick.

Last edited:
Do you subscribe to NJPW's streaming service? If so do they allow you to watch things shortly after they happen?

I was looking at it the other day but since I can't watch most of the matches live I decided to hold off.

Well, no, and that's the best way I can put it. But perhaps they have an archive option where you can watch previous days for a while...? I might search for more information about it, but there's always that possibility...

Really enjoyed Raw, both the Women's match and the main event were very good, that's better!!

Yep. I knew Cena is gonna challenge Mahal for the WWE title and the next you know...........
Bury Mahal. I usually don't like Cena burials but for this one I welcome it but then again considering Cena's last consecutive Summerslam matches where he lost due to the fact that he buried all Nexus members, I think Mahal is gonna win this.

Or actually if Cena does win (that means his losing streak in Summerslam will end) the WWE title, this is where Corbin can cash in.

Last edited:
I rather enjoyed smackdown, wouldn't call it a dream match however. Maybe in terms of company vs company but wrestler vs wrestler? Nah.

Back