Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,101 comments
....yeah, there's some fairly serious allegations (with some proof) going around about former ROH World Champion Michael Elgin.

TL;DR: Alleged mishandling of a sexual assault case between one of the workers from Elgin's own promotion Glory Pro and a female fan. Some particularly dark private messages from Elgin himself directed at the accuser.
Well bollocks.

Right a few bits and pieces, firstly Raw tonight, matches were announced last week and it involves all three SHIELD members, Rollins will take on Sheamus, Ambrose will take on Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns will defend his IC title against Cesaro, Reigns defended his title twice on tour this past week, once against Triple H.

Next, Chris Jericho attacked Kenny Omega on New Japan, he hit him with a codebreaker and then bust him open with his US title!

New Japan's World Tag League is over for the year and the team of EVIL and SANADA (2/3rds of the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champions, representing Los Ingobernobles de Japon) have won, setting up a IWGP Tag Title match against current champions Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer at Wrestle Kingdom 12.

Also on Raw later, Kane v Strowman again but this time the winner faces Lesnar for the title at Royal Rumble....no really!

Also on Raw later, Kane v Strowman again but this time the winner faces Lesnar for the title at Royal Rumble....no really!

The only thing that will be a surprise is what will become of the ring as they made sure to not they were reinforcing it this week.

Two great matches on Raw, really enjoyed Rollins v Sheamus and Reigns v Cesaro, rest of the show was meh, the after match stuff between Kane and Strowman was better than the actual match.

Owens v Nakamura on SD tonight.

Jericho had a press conference for his match v Omega, during which Omega attacked him in retaliation for last week, a brawl between the two ensued which led to Jericho throwing a table at Omega.

It’s weird seeing both shows on completely different ends of the spectrum when it comes to tag teams.

Smackdown pretty much has built CoC around them with the title match which is shaping up nicely, the Bludgeon Brothers vs Breezango as well as the main storyline being a tag match.

Raw on the other hand has The Bar and Ambrollins followed by a handful of poorly used teams.

Guessing we’ll see something happen soon to tilt things back in Raw’s favor. :rolleyes:

I'm really enjoying this build in NJPW between Omega and Jericho. Heel non PG Jericho really is something else.

I liked the press conference too. Had more of a sense of realism about it. The madness of the cameras just puts a different tint to it.

It’s weird seeing both shows on completely different ends of the spectrum when it comes to tag teams.

Smackdown pretty much has built CoC around them with the title match which is shaping up nicely, the Bludgeon Brothers vs Breezango as well as the main storyline being a tag match.

Raw on the other hand has The Bar and Ambrollins followed by a handful of poorly used teams.

Guessing we’ll see something happen soon to tilt things back in Raw’s favor. :rolleyes:
Well Smackdown was Teddy Longs show. He might not be there, but it is clear his spirit lives on with the show.

Well Smackdown was Teddy Longs show. He might not be there, but it is clear his spirit lives on with the show.
Also, The New Day is on Smackdown. It makes sense that the tag division is strong there, if only as a reason to give more TV time to one of their most popular groups.

WWE have announced a new show starting on January 16, called the Mixed Match Challenge and its a singe elimination, mixed tag team tournament pitting both Male and Female stars from Raw and Smackdown, the major thing with this is that Facebook have got exclusive rights so it will be on there weekly for 12 weeks and not on the Network.

Each episode will only be 20 minutes with fans voting on certain aspects of each match, we will have the opportunity to vote for the final person in on the Raw team and which member of the New Day will take part for Smackdown.

Sounds different and interesting to me.

Right then so tonight is the final WWE PPV of 2017, its Smackdown's Clash of Champions and here is the final card.

Kick-Off Show
Zack Ryder v Mojo Rawley

----------------------------------------------------

The Bludgeon Brothers v Breezango

United States Championship-Triple Threat Match
Baron Corbin (c) v Bobby Roode v Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown Women's Championship-Lumberjack Match
Charlotte Flair (c) v Natayla

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
The Usos (c) v Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin v The New Day v Rusev & Aiden English

Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura v Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
(Shane McMahon & Daniel Bryan Special guest referee's, if Kevin and Sami lose they are fired)

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Jinder Mahal

Don't think Ill watch it as I've had a busy weekend and I'm tired, plus I'm up early for work tomorrow, its a good card though so ill watch it in the week...maybe Wednesday.

The tag title match is really the only one I’m genuinely interested in. The women’s match and KO/Sami matches are more interesting for what impact they have on future storylines.

Of course there was a pop, it’s Rusev Day! :lol:
I don’t have cable so I don’t watch Raw/smackdown as much as I used to but I do watch the YouTube recaps and I have the network for the PPVs. I’m surprised that they don’t stream raw/smackdown live on the network like the ppvs.

I don’t have cable so I don’t watch Raw/smackdown as much as I used to but I do watch the YouTube recaps and I have the network for the PPVs. I’m surprised that they don’t stream raw/smackdown live on the network like the ppvs.

I wish they would as well since I’m dropping Sling (if not live than a day or two later). The current deal with USA expires in Sept. of 2019 so I doubt anything will change before than.

Tag 4 way was great. Regular tag match was another cluster f:censored:k.

I would ask which one, but they both were.

It’s a shame they managed to get Breezango over only to waste them in a squash match. Bludgeon Brothers do nothing for me and I don’t see them putting on the great matches seen throughout the rest of the division.

The KO/Sami match was just bad all around. Hopefully it moves on to Daniel vs Shane and KO and Sami go on to storylines that are actually worthwhile.

I would ask which one, but they both were.

It’s a shame they managed to get Breezango over only to waste them in a squash match. Bludgeon Brothers do nothing for me and I don’t see them putting on the great matches seen throughout the rest of the division.

The KO/Sami match was just bad all around. Hopefully it moves on to Daniel vs Shane and KO and Sami go on to storylines that are actually worthwhile.
Fashion files was just a squash match. The KO/sami match was all over the place.

Back