Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,199 comments
I, for one, cannot wait for the coronation of 3-time WWE Champion, Intercontinental Champion, United States Champion, Tag Team Champion, and Royal Rumble winner Roman Reigns.

In their defense, Roman/Brock I was pretty good if over reliant on finisher kickouts....which makes no sense from me considering my tastes in wrestling.

EDIT: Hmmm

I think the women’s EC match was the better of the two. Which isn’t saying much as they were both kind of boring. The rest of the matches weren’t much better.

I do like the way the Rousey segment progressed. Steph and HHH signing her to get revenge is predictable but has potential and Kurt was fantastic. She does need some mic work though, granted she certainly isn’t alone in that category.

It was pretty good I thought, both Chamber matches were good with the Women's match being the better of the two, loved Bayley and Sasha having a Lion King moment of the top of the pod, Alexa's Heel promo afterwards was brilliant, it sucked everyone in.

In the other match Braun did all the work, eliminated everyone, looked unstoppable......until Reigns stopped him just like that! And now he is going to headline his fourth WM in a row, I like him but cant we have someone else?....

The Rousey contract signing bit started awkwardly but got better, I'm intrigued by how she will do in the WWE, one bit was weird and that she asked for no perks in her contract and not to be treated any differently to anyone else in the roster.....expect ask for a match at WM....

Rest of the card was Sunday Night Raw stuff but I though Nia and Asuka had a good match.

The tag match would be the best option considering she has only just joined, she has been training at the Performance Centre for the last fortnight.

I think a tag match is pretty much the only option considering Steph probably can't do a whole match herself and make it look good and Rousey is green as you can be.

She will be on Raw tonight so it should be interesting to see how it progresses.

Elimination Chamber is good for what its worth. Issue is that for such an "exciting" and "unpredictable" match type. The PPV is in between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania which is the most predictable time of year. I think only No Way Out 2009 was the only unpredictable PPV during the RR and Wrestlemania time periods.

I would be upset with Roman Reigns winning but I knew this was coming ever since Wrestlemania 33 so at this point, I just don't care, I've grown so tried of Reigns that I no longer care what WWE do with him and just tune out. However for Raw, I do appreciate the attempt to get people on Reigns side this time, instead of doing the Superhero angle, it's just WWE picking on the lesser of two evils trying to make Roman seem like the lesser evil choice than Brock Lesnar, which is smart.

Also John Cena was a massive troll on Raw, I gotta hand it to him. That promo was amazing :lol:

John Cena beat AJ Styles in a good match on Smackdown last night and he has now been added to the title match at Fastlane, which is now a six-pack challenge match, there's too many people in that match now!

John Cena beat AJ Styles in a good match on Smackdown last night and he has now been added to the title match at Fastlane, which is now a six-pack challenge match, there's too many people in that match now!
There was too many people in that match about a month ago. If AJ isn't holding the belt to Mania, a lot of people are going to be livid.

Mainly to kill time until after Fastlane, I'm gonna discuss my second and third favorite title changes of all time.

Can't seem to track down easily available of the greatest, where the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (think the former WWF/E Hardcore Championship, but an utterly ridiculous parody of it) won itself in a match.

EDIT: Never mind, though for whatever reason the video's age-restricted.

To get an idea on how ridiculous this can get, here's the belt's page on Wikipedia, presented with no comment from me and no, the title history and some of the former champions aren't faked.

Long story short: I'd SO steal this idea if I had my own promotion.

Last edited:
On a completely serious note, we are going to get the dream match we never thought we would get.

That’s right, we are going to see Gillberg go 1-on-1 with James Ellsworth!

Big Show's contract expired on Friday, WWE haven't offered him a new one, he is set to work backstage, which means he is retired, he's had one hell of a career and should definitely be in the HOF in the next few years.

Brock Lesnar beat Kane at a live event in Chicago last night....in just 30 seconds!, it was non title.

Last edited:
First time in this years HOF that there is someone I don't really know...

Would love to see the Battle Royal on the network!

I'd love to see a decent large PPV come back to the UK. Use a big 50k+ arena. Even summerslam would be fine doesn't have to be mania. I'm sure the people of the UK and some Europeans can fill that.

Hopefully they make a special out of the 50-man Rumble. Considering nothing seems to be on the line besides bragging rights it should be fun (plus we don't have to see a terrible "point/stare at the Wrestlemania sign" spot post-match).

Also, to the surprise of nobody, NXT will hold a Takeover the night before Money in the Bank.

Tonight on Raw, more Rousey (she will be on every Raw till WM), rematch between Asuka and Nia Jax plus there will be a 'symphony of destruction' match between Strowman and Elias....no-one really knows what that its.

Raw wasn't bad, opening segment was great, Cena/Goldust bit was weird, Strowman/Elias bit was meh and Heyman's promo went on too long.

I can dig this. Braun/Alexa as an onscreen couple is now 100% canonical in my mind.
FMFdYbs.gifv

One more match added to Fastlane this Sunday and its Nakamura v Rusev, not a lot happened on SD last night apart from a good fatal five way main event with a slightly surprising outcome.

Final build for Takeover: New Orleans. New NXT title annoumced, Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic finals, etc.

Side note to taping spoilers: NXT Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish reputedly suffered some kind of knee injury at a live event and is going under surgery soon. Expect the tag titles to either be stripped and be on the line for the Tag Classic finals or have the Freebird rule invoked and Adam Cole defends in his place (meaning he'd be doing double duty that night).

Current NXT Takeover New Orleans card:
NXT Championship
Andrade Almas (c) v.s Aleister Black

NXT Womens Championship
Ember Moon v.s Shayna Bazler

NXT Tag Team Championship/Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Relly (c?) v.s Authors of Pain v.s Pete Dunne/Roderick Strong

(TL;DR, originally scheduled finals at the latest NXT tapings went to a double DQ, a tag title match was to go to the winners, that's why it's a triple threat)

Ladder Match to crown inagural NXT North American Champion
Adam Cole v.s EC3 v.s Killian Dain v.s Lars Sullivan v.s Velveteen Dream v.s Ricochet

Doublepost but hey here's a funny rumor making the rounds:
So, Brock Lesnar's contract situation is murky at the moment, much like in the leadup to Wrestlemania 31. Distinct possibility that he leaves this time, so WWE might attempt to downplay his departure by putting Angle/Rousey v.s Triple H/Steph on as the main event of Wrestlemania.

Doublepost but hey here's a funny rumor making the rounds:
So, Brock Lesnar's contract situation is murky at the moment, much like in the leadup to Wrestlemania 31. Distinct possibility that he leaves this time, so WWE might attempt to downplay his departure by putting Angle/Rousey v.s Triple H/Steph on as the main event of Wrestlemania.
See now I reckon it'll be the other way round and they'll big up that he is going. Maybe even a few Paul heyman promos saying his contract ends and he is taking the belt with him. Just so the crowd cheers company man Reigns for thwarting the evil leaving Lesnar. That's how it seems to be playing out IMO anyway.

Right then its the last PPV stop before Wrestlemania tonight, Smackdown's Fastlane, and here's the card.

Becky Lynch & Naomi v Natalya & Carmella

Shinsuke Nakamura v Rusev

Smackdown Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) v Ruby Riott

United States Championship
Bobby Roode (c) v Randy Orton

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) v The New Day

WWE Championship-Six Pack Challenge Match
AJ Styles (c) v Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn v Baron Corbin v Dolph Ziggler v John Cena

No word on the kick-off show and what match will be on it. I will watch this tomorrow night, the card doesn't look great but with WM round the corner there could be a few surprises.

Back