Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,229 comments
No talk about Fastlane?? OK then...

I thought it was good overall, solid first two matches with Orton perhaps surprisingly winning the US title, really liked the Bludgeon Brothers destroying both Usos and New Day, Ruby Roitt was pretty impressive in her match v Charlotte and the main event six pack match was quite entertaining, so it was a good show, for me anyway. 👍

WWE has announced the female version of the Andre battle royal and named it after the Fabulous Moolah.

It’s going over about as well as you would expect. Did they think people would forget about how horrible of a person she was, especially towards other female talent at the time? :odd:

WWE has announced the female version of the Andre battle royal and named it after the Fabulous Moolah.

It’s going over about as well as you would expect. Did they think people would forget about how horrible of a person she was, especially towards other female talent at the time? :odd:

Shhhh....shhh....

TL;DR for those interested: One reason is she basically pimped out talent she trained.

Really liking the build up and storyline for the Lesnar-Reigns match, having Lesnar not turn up was the best thing they could have done.

Looks like its going to be Alexa Bliss v Nia Jax for Raw Women's title at WM.

Weird ending to Raw having Braun win a battle royal to face Cesaro and Sheamus for the tag titles.

As of SmackDown tonight, WrestleMania 34 is shaping up as:

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v.s Roman Reigns

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v.s Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE SmackDown Womens Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) v.s Asuka

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v.s Finn Balor v.s Seth Rollins

WWE United States Championship
Randy Orton (c) v.s Bobby Roode (probably will be amended to also include Jinder Mahal)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals
Cedric Alexander v.s ???

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Cesaro/Sheamus (c) v.s Braun Strowman/???

The "Fabulous Moolah" Memorial Battle Royal (which I'll be referring to from now till 'Mania as either the Mildred Burke Memorial Battle Royal or the Trish Stratus Invitational Battle Royal for reasons already mentioned, some reading to get you started down that rabbit hole)
??? NO IDEA ???

Mixed Tag Team Match
Triple H/Stephanie McMahon v.s Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey

BESTIES COLLIDE
Kevin Owens v.s Sami Zayn

Likely to be announced within the coming weeks:
The Match That Should've Been Part Of THE STREAK
John Cena v.s The Undertaker

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) v.s The New Day v.s The Bludgeon Brothers

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
??? NO IDEA ???

My first guess for Braun would be Elias.

I also think that after his beating last night that it'll be a tag match between KO/Zayn-Shane and someone else.

Any guesses on a mystery partner for Strowman or is he going to be a one man recking crew at mania?

Have three answers:
  • Elias if I'm being serious
  • Curt Hawkins for the luls by inserting himself into the match, Authors of Pain being called up and WRECKING THE LIFE out of him would have to happen the next night.
  • Not completely out of the picture to have him win the belts himself and either hold them for the duration of his reign (see Impact Wrestling and their World Tag Titles) or simply delay announcing his partner (Sting @ 1998 Great American Bash).

I'm pretty sure it will be Strowman's left hand partnering with Strowman's right hand. Sheamus gets one, Cesaro the other. Kind of expecting him to win it, too.

WWE has come to their senses and renamed the battle royal to WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal.

Not sure why they didn’t see this coming in the first place.

Supposedly the event in question is WrestleMania 35 and if so I'd be disappointed that they're heading back to MetLife Stadium that quickly for another one.

Supposedly the event in question is WrestleMania 35 and if so I'd be disappointed that they're heading back to MetLife Stadium that quickly for another one.

All about that cash.

I was talking about going back to the same venues for WrestleMania, and not different ones, didn't mention the battle royale once.

EDIT for next inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame:

EDIT 2: Look what's finally on the WWE Network, episodes 23-77 so no you can't relive David Arquette winning the WCW World Title just yet.
5hh9S9I.jpg

Last edited:
So there were rumours about this all weekend and now those rumours are true.

Mark Henry is the latest inductee into this years Hall Of Fame, very much deserved IMO. 👍

Tonight's Raw has that weird Ultimate Deletion match.

Current WrestleMania 34 card

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v.s Roman Reigns

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v.s Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE SmackDown Womens Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) v.s Asuka

WWE Raw Womens Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v.s Nia Jax

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v.s Finn Balor v.s Seth Rollins

WWE United States Championship
Randy Orton (c) v.s Bobby Roode (probably will be amended to also include Jinder Mahal)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals
Cedric Alexander v.s (winner of Drew Gulak v.s Mustafa Ali on tomorrow's 205 Live)

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Cesaro/Sheamus (c) v.s Braun Strowman/???*
(Braun Strowman WILL need to find a partner)

WrestleMania Womens Battle Royal
Particpants include Carmella/Sasha Banks/Bayley/????

Mixed Tag Team Match
Triple H/Stephanie McMahon v.s Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey

BESTIES COLLIDE
Kevin Owens v.s Sami Zayn

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Participants include Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder/???

Likely to be announced within the coming weeks:
The Match That Should've Been Part Of THE STREAK
John Cena v.s The Undertaker

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) v.s The New Day v.s The Bludgeon Brothers

Updated to account for tonight.

Bad news you may have heard in the last few days, AJ Styles is injured, we don't know what the injury is or how bad it is but he had a scan yesterday morning and WWE are keeping the results to themselves which isn't a good sign to me.

People that he picked up the injury when he and Shinsuke were attacked by Owens and Zayn at Madison Square Garden on Friday night, they attacked Styles right leg with a chair and he had to be helped out of the ring, the injury was picked up before then and the angle on Friday was designed to cover it up.

My only gripe is that they didn't save the announcement for tonight's show.

DK
My only gripe is that they didn't save the announcement for tonight's show.

Considering how ratings have been I think they made the right choice. It’s almost guaranteed that there will be a decent ratings boost now.

Hope he is genuinely OK to come back, its been almost two years since he announced his retirement.

If there is going to be a tag match involving Shane and KO/Zayn at WM then Bryan should now be the favourite to partner Shane.

Hope he is genuinely OK to come back, its been almost two years since he announced his retirement.

He managed to convince the doctor that was holding things up so it seems all signs point to him being genuinely good to go.

I do wonder how they will handle things from this point though. I can’t see him taking on the “GM that wrestles the big 5” role as that wouldn’t be much different than now. So if he resigns as GM to return to being a competitor, who takes over?

Back