Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,184 comments
A 6 hour show doesn't seem too bad when it's (possibly) during the day time. Mania seems long when the kick off is like 12AM. :lol:

Kickoff is on now!

They said that Cena v HHH will be the opening match.

It looks pretty bloody good there!

At the end of the day it turned out to be pretty much a glorified house show. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon though.

I hate how WWE conveniently ignores their own rules even after stating them just a few minutes prior. Roman won the match any way you look at it since both his feet and body touched the floor first, Brock was still on the cage. Guessing that will be how they launch round 3 though.

The Rumble match generally was great, thought it dragged a bit in the middle but it was fantastic for the last 10 entrants and I was on the edge of my seat by the end, wont mention the winners name but it was deserved.

Also two major records were broken in that match.....but I don't want to spoil that either yet!

Ref Chad Patton has apologised on Twitter for the finish to the Lesnar/Reigns cage match in that Reigns's feet actually hit the floor first, no doubt we will hear more on that on Raw tonight.

The Female Wrestlers of the WWE have been paid by the company for the GRR on Friday despite not taking part for much publicised reasons, nice move by WWE on this. 👍

Rollins and Balor had a fantastic match for the IC title on the main event of raw last night.

The six man tag match was also good.

Doublepost but New Japan updates:
Well, Okada has the record for successful defenses of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship after beating Hiroshi Tanahashi. Next defense is June 9th at Dominion, bodies better be ready for Okada/Omega 4: 2/3 Falls.

Here is the Backlash card for tonight. its the first dual-branded PPV since the brand split.

Kickoff Show
Bayley v Ruby Riott

-----------------------------------------------------

Bobby Lashley & Braun Strowman v Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Raw Women's Championship
Nia Jax (c) v Alexa Bliss

United States Championship
Jeff Hardy (c) v Randy Orton

Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins (c) v The Miz

Smackdown Women's Championship
Carmella (c) v Charlotte Flair

Daniel Bryan v Big Cass

Roman Reigns v Samoa Joe

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

A pretty stacked card with eight matches rather then the usual six or seven, an interesting looking card too with some good looking matches on there, can see at least two title changes tonight.

I'm too worn out from this heat here in the UK to stay up so this will be a watch it at 6am when the kids wake up deal.

The WWE Title match is a no-DQ match, it was announced on Smackdown this past week and I forgot to add to the post.

FB_IMG_1525682787063.jpg

[\SPOILER]

Thought last night show really wasn't good, the opening match between Rollins and Miz was fantastic and by a million miles it was the match of the night, there was very little to cheer about after, Both Women's matches were crap, a few of the matches had rubbish finishes for example the WWE title match.

The biggest travesty of the lot was the decision to not have the WWE title match on last, they put Reigns v Joe on last instead, a truly shocking decision, I know the current feud for the title isn't great but if there is a match for either of the main titles in WWE is on the card then it should be on last, period!

Fans actually left during the Reigns-Joe match, plus there were 'CM Punk' and 'Boring' chants too, sums it all up really...

Current card for New Japan's Dominion event:

NJPW Presents Dominion 6.9 in Osaka-Jo Hall
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
2/3 Falls, No Time Limit

Kazuchika Okada(c)(defense #13) v.s Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito(c)(defense #1) v.s Chris Jericho

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Los Ingobernobles de Japon (EVIL/SANADA)(c)(defense #3) v.s The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto(c)(defense #4) v.s Michael Elgin v.s Taichi

Rey Mysterio v.s ???

Firstly RIP Nick Busick

Secondly I feel sorry for whoever wins the Raw MITB briefcase. Poor superstar is never going to be able to cash it in with Brock never turning up. Latest report is he won't be at MITB either. Even if he did however thats already a longer reign than that of CM Punks.

Firstly RIP Nick Busick

Secondly I feel sorry for whoever wins the Raw MITB briefcase. Poor superstar is never going to be able to cash it in with Brock never turning up. Latest report is he won't be at MITB either. Even if he did however thats already a longer reign than that of CM Punks.
The whole reign thing is hilarious because Brock isn't actually eclipsing Punk's record. To do that, he'd have to be holding the WWE Championship.

Enjoyed both Raw and Smackdown, good that they are going straight on to MITB and not focusing on the shambles that was Backlash.

That Bobby Lashley segment on Raw was really strange.

WWE have started their European tour with a show in Bournemouth, England tonight, and they will go to such places like Stuttgart, Vienna, Belfast, Newcastle, Madrid, Liverpool, Budapest and Milan in the next 10 days. next weeks Raw and Smackdown will be in London at the O2 Arena.

I think Backlash May have been so bad it killed my interest in wrestling. I felt no desire to watch either Raw or Smackdown this week and haven’t even checked any recaps. NXT is pretty much the only thing that interests me.

Hopefully if I start watching again around SummerSlam it will be interesting again.

I think Backlash May have been so bad it killed my interest in wrestling. I felt no desire to watch either Raw or Smackdown this week and haven’t even checked any recaps. NXT is pretty much the only thing that interests me.

Hopefully if I start watching again around SummerSlam it will be interesting again.

Time to be like me and pare WWE viewing down to PPVs and older programming on the Network.

Other comparatively mainstream promotions to check out and their respective streaming services:
There's a list of related pro wrestling streaming services mentioned at the bottom of the Wiki page on the WWE Network. Also, if you're on Reddit, you should ask about on r/SquaredCircle for recommendations.

Charlotte Flair had a tooth knocked out by Carmella (accidently) in a match in Oberhausen, Germany. she has since been pulled from the tour and already has had dental work done.

She was due to have an operation after the tour anyway to fix a ruptured Breast implant.

Raw from London was a good show which I quite enjoyed.

Styles v Nakamura for the title again has been made for MITB, also interestingly enough is Nia Jax v Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's title.

Notes:
  1. Jax/Rousey is gonna be...interesting, to say the least. Either better than expected or an absolute trainwreck...
  2. So, who's heard of that little event Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks are putting on September 1st in Chicago? All In is the name of the show, looking like it's gonna be a fun'in to watch, assuming it's being picked up for digital distribution. Good luck getting reasonably priced tickets, event sold out within 30 minutes of tickets being up for sale. Names set to show are:
  • IWGP Heavyweight Champion (as of now) Kazuchika Okada
  • NWA World Heavyweight Champion (as of now) Nick Aldis (known to fans of TNA as Magnus)
  • Pentagon Jr (of Lucha Underground)
  • Fénix (also of Lucha Underground fame)
  • Joey Janela
  • Jay Lethal
  • Marty Scurll
  • Rey Mysterio
Also of note

That appearance just happens to be the day before All In. CONSPIRACY THEORIES INBOUND.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/enzo-amore-won-39-t-face-criminal-charges-for-sexual-assault?page=1

No charges were filed against Enzo for sexual assault accusations back in January due to insufficient evidence. Honestly In my opinion he should sue his accuser for Defamation of character. She basically ruined this guy’s career. I don’t know if this was posted earlier but I’d thought I’d share.

She was more than likely coerced into making a complaint by a solicitor with dollar signs in his eyes. Lack of evidence =/= lack of guilt, however, if it becomes his word against her's, there is never going to be enough evidence to successfully charge. This is why imho people who are accused of sexual abuse/rape should not named until it goes to court, or even after they've been tried and found guilty.

Back