Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,230 comments
Lots of stuff on Raw tonight.

- The Bella's will return to action next week.
- KO "quit" (obviously storyline)
- Trish Stratus and Mickie James returned during the same weird segment that started with Elias and ended with Alisha Fox vs. Natalya.
- Bliss vs. Rousey & Strowman vs. Reigns are official for Hell in a Cell

And most importantly HBK will appear on Raw next week, presumably to hype HHH vs. Taker.

Hold on...
- The Bella's will return to action next week.
If that's full on action, I thought one of them had to retire due to injury...and as I type this I recall how often "retired" is abused in wrestling. Tag me as 'Idiot' if that's the case again.

Hold on...
If that's full on action, I thought one of them had to retire due to injury...and as I type this I recall how often "retired" is abused in wrestling. Tag me as 'Idiot' if that's the case again.

Full on action, both participated in a house show last night.

Hold on...
Yeah, retire is a pretty fluid term in pro wrestling. Usually the only time an injury causes a permanent retirement is if it would be actually life-threatening to continue, like with Edge. Otherwise there's always potential for "one more match" a few years later.

That match the Bellas had at the live event was their first match for three years.

A good Smackdown to follow up a good Raw.

Bryan and Almas had a match which was good, Miz and Maryse got involved...
Samoa Joe continued to use AJ's family to get inside his head, what a good little storyline that is.
Hardy v Orton HIAC match has been made.
Charlotte retained the Women's title in the main event (I know that's a spoiler but its hardly surprising is it?!)
After the Women's title match Charlotte was attacked by Becky from behind, crowd loved again despite the fact she's a heel, Becky as a badass heel is great!

WWE are having a big live event show at the 02 in London this week (tonight or tomorrow night) for some reason.

A good Smackdown to follow up a good Raw.

Bryan and Almas had a match which was good, Miz and Maryse got involved...
Samoa Joe continued to use AJ's family to get inside his head, what a good little storyline that is.
Hardy v Orton HIAC match has been made.
Charlotte retained the Women's title in the main event (I know that's a spoiler but its hardly surprising is it?!)
After the Women's title match Charlotte was attacked by Becky from behind, crowd loved again despite the fact she's a heel, Becky as a badass heel is great!

WWE are having a big live event show at the 02 in London this week (tonight or tomorrow night) for some reason.
Huh? I didn't hear of this show. You know considering I have all the mailing etc turned on I never get information about shows....

@m8h3r Assuming your talking about the 02 show, yeah I didn't know about till this week.

Have done a quick Twitter search and #WWELondon is a thing, the show is tonight, I think its non-TV.

Roman Reigns was on Good Morning Britain this morning, Seth and Alexa did a joint Q&A event, Sasha and Bayley were pictured at Buckingham Palace and also paid a visit to Arsenal's training ground to meet the Ladies team.

The All In event is this Saturday, does anyone know if its airing in the UK....in any way??

Eva
Most likely streamable online.

All In can be caught on:
  • traditional PPV
  • Fite TV (never heard of it until today)
  • Honor Club (ROH's streaming service; know ahead of time that there's two pricing tiers. Lowest one ($9.99/month or $99.99/year) gets a 50% discount on PPV's (digital only) which you'll still need to order. For free PPV, you have to step up to the $119.99/year tier)
  • New Japan World (after the live airing. Word of advice, they bill on the first of the month, so wait until then to sign up to avoid being billed twice in quick succession)
Speaking of ALL IN, current card:

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Nick Aldis(c)(formerly known as 1-time TNA World Champion Magnus) v.s Cody Rhodes

Kazuchika Okada v.s Marty Scurll

Chicago Street Fight
Joey Janela v.s Hangman Page

Rey Mysterio, Fènix, and Bandido v.s The Golden Elite (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, and Kota Ibushi)

Christopher Daniels v.s Stephen Amell (Yep, that Stephen Amell of Arrow fame)

Kenny Omega v.s Pentagón, Jr

Madison Rayne v.s Britt Baker v.s Chelsea Green v.s Tessa Blanchard

ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) v.s (winner of the Over Budget Battle Royale on the pre-show)

PRE-SHOW:
Jay/Mark Briscoe v.s SoCal Uncensored (Kazarian and Scorpio Sky)

Over Budget Battle Royale, winner challenges for the ROH World Championship on the main show
Participants include:
  • Jordynne Grace
  • Moose
  • Rocky Romero
  • Ethan Page
  • Brian Cage
  • Billy Gunn :lol:
  • Jimmy Jacobs
  • Marko Stunt
  • Brandon Cutler
  • Punishment Martinez

Interesting rumor about WrestleMania 35's main event.

Charlotte/Rousey is still apparently on, Roman Reigns v.s The Rock is the other one.

Undertaker turned up last night during the HBK bit, the commentary team was saying it shocked the World but Taker was spotted in Columbus before the show.

The Shield got beaten half to death last night too when nearly the entire locker room gave them the beat down, I think this was to make the new faction between Strowman McIntyre and Ziggler look strong, but I have to say that I was a surprised by it all.

McIntyre and Ziggler are new Raw tag champs.

Smackdown last night was pretty good but nothing that was really news-worthy.

However they did announce that the Mixed-Match Challenge will be back in a couple of weeks, the pairings/couples have been announced.

Bobby Lashley & Sasha Banks
Finn Balor & Bayley
Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox
Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
Kevin Owens & Natalya
The Miz & Asuka
Jimmy Uso & Naomi
R-Truth & Carmella
AJ Styles & Charlotte
Rusev & Lana

Four returning pairings, WWE Champion and SD Women's Champion teaming up, If you watched Smackdown last night then you will know why R-Truth and Carmella are teaming, the first competition last years was won by Miz and Asuka.

Its starts on Facebook Watch after Smackdown on the 18th.

The first episode of the 2018 MYC was tonight and it was pretty good for what is pretty much a glorified try-out session. One thing I really like is the presentation of the whole thing since they actually highlight their accomplishments elsewhere instead of at most giving a brief mention if any at all like in their normal programming.

It sucks watching Tegan's match though considering we already know she gets injured.

Renee Young will now be a part of Raw commentary team full time, the first female to do so.

Good news, well deserved. 👍

Mick Foley to be the special guest referee for the Universal title match in HIAC on Sunday. Its the 20th anniversary of that Hell In A Cell match this year.

Ziggler and McIntyre won a rematch for the Raw tag titles v B-Team on Raw, will now defend the title v Ambrose and Rollins on Sunday.

So HIAC is this Sunday and I really couldn't care less except for Becky vs. Charlotte and seeing Jeff finally getting his HIAC match (AJ Vs. Joe hasn't done much for me, but if they give it time it could be a good match). I'll be surprised if the main event is actually a 1-on-1 affair the whole time as Mick's involvement along with the already running storyline leads me to believe it will just be an overbooked gongshow like last year's TLC.

The actual Cell structure they will use tomorrow will be Red, and not the Silver/Grey we have become used to, maybe they made that change so the Cell will be more pleasing to the eye?.

That news is not reported as it came from WWE themselves on Twitter.

Looking more like Matt Hardy's done as an in-ring competitor.

A part of me thinks he will slip into a manager role considering Jeff has been slipping "Broken" references into his promos and there is a rumor that WWE is looking at adding more of them. Perhaps we will even see him get involved tonight on Brother Nero's behalf?

Hell In A Cell card for tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The New Day (c) v Rusev & Aiden English

--------------------------------------------------------------

Raw Tag Team Championship
Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre (c) v Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose

Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella v The Miz & Maryse

Smackdown Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair (c) v Becky Lynch

Hell In A Cell Match
Jeff Hardy v Randy Orton

Raw Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) v Alexa Bliss

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Samoa Joe

Universal Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Roman Reigns (c) v Braun Strowman
(Mick Foley special guest referee)

Johnathan Coachman will host the pre-shows now Renee Young is on Raw commentary.

Like I said in a post last night, the Cell structure is now painted Red.

Back