Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,197 comments
A part of me thinks he will slip into a manager role considering Jeff has been slipping "Broken" references into his promos and there is a rumor that WWE is looking at adding more of them. Perhaps we will even see him get involved tonight on Brother Nero's behalf?

I'm not really sure how much longer Jeff will be around either, as his body isn't in a whole lot better shape than Matt's. It could be very fun if they can find a way to work together for a year or so, but for right now I think most fans are really just hoping that he's going to be able to walk away from the "Swanton from Hell."

Watching the Kickoff show, Hardy v Orton HIAC match to start the main show, that Ambulance better be on standby!!

I'm not really sure how much longer Jeff will be around either, as his body isn't in a whole lot better shape than Matt's. It could be very fun if they can find a way to work together for a year or so, but for right now I think most fans are really just hoping that he's going to be able to walk away from the "Swanton from Hell."

Close enough:

Also,

Close enough:

Also,

The scary thing is, neither of those are as bad as whatever was sticking out of Orton's leg. :scared:

Also, commentary has been using the standard "local medical facility" when talking about it so he should be ok.

The scary thing is, neither of those are as bad as whatever was sticking out of Orton's leg. :scared:

Reading through quick results, apparently was actually a flap of Orton's skin. Whenever I get around to re-upping the Network, gonna seek this out immediately.

Hardy v Orton was one of the matches of the night, Orton was back to his sadistic best by using the screwdriver to twist Hardy's earlobe, Hardy then risked it all by ended up slamming into a table face first, Orton got stabbed in the leg!

Charlotte v Becky was a fantastic match, great chemistry between the two, and Becky deservedly new Champ.

Raw tag title match was great, the mixed tag match was meh, Raw women's title match was arguably Ronda Rousey's best match so far, some great selling on her ribs, AJ v Joe was really good and the finish sets things up for more between them.

Then we come to the main event, which was an overbooked car-wreck of a match, way too much going on, Reigns and Braun were on the canvas the entire time when Ambrose/Rollins/Ziggler/McIntyre were scrapping, which made no sense whatsoever, the Lesnar thing kinda made sense but I thought he would be gone for a while after Summerslam.

And it was a Hell In A Cell match which ended in a no contest, think about that for a second!....

Hardy v Orton was one of the matches of the night, Orton was back to his sadistic best by using the screwdriver to twist Hardy's earlobe, Hardy then risked it all by ended up slamming into a table face first, Orton got stabbed in the leg!

Charlotte v Becky was a fantastic match, great chemistry between the two, and Becky deservedly new Champ.

Raw tag title match was great, the mixed tag match was meh, Raw women's title match was arguably Ronda Rousey's best match so far, some great selling on her ribs, AJ v Joe was really good and the finish sets things up for more between them.

Then we come to the main event, which was an overbooked car-wreck of a match, way too much going on, Reigns and Braun were on the canvas the entire time when Ambrose/Rollins/Ziggler/McIntyre were scrapping, which made no sense whatsoever, the Lesnar thing kinda made sense but I thought he would be gone for a while after Summerslam.

And it was a Hell In A Cell match which ended in a no contest, think about that for a second!....

I'd pretty much agree with all of that. The SD title match on the pre-show was pretty good too. Watching Brie and Maryse doing whatever they were doing made me really appreciate the current crop of WWE women(and the fantastic women's match earlier). I imagine that was an "advance the feud" type of match, things should probably pick up with another singles match.

The ending of the final match was just weird. Well, all of it was weird but the ending especially. The two in the ring were laying down having a nap for 10 minutes while their friends were fighting on and around the cell, then Lesnar comes in and hits 2 finishers and a few "table shots"(which were kind of a cool thing) and then it becomes a no contest when the competitors have been moving around more than they had been for the previous 10 minutes. They could have at least had Roman pass out with his arm draped over Braun and count the pin.

It didn't bother me that much at first(just typical WWE main event foolishness) until somebody pointed out how the whole thing was designed around the memory of the epic Mankind/Undertaker match. So we take match that basically personifies fighting to a resolution even if it ends up being a battle to the death... and celebrate it by declaring a no contest after a little interference.

So 205 Live is moving to Wednesday (will be pre-taped) and 2 of the guys from there are now managing Raw talent. That is on top of barely even getting a mention on Raw and Smackdown for months now.

I will be surprised if it's still a separate show at the end of the year.

Kane will be in the Undertaker's corner and Shawn Michaels will be in Triple H's corner for their match down under.

Alexa Bliss has been replaced by Ember Moon to partner Strowman in the MMC, its due to 'injury', Bliss didn't have a match on Raw last night, don't know if its legit or not.

WWE are going to another Event in Saudi Arabia called WWE Crown Jewel, main event will probably be a triple threat match for Universal title between Reigns Strowman and Lesnar.

Seems that Jason Jordan may not be returning to the ring after all if the rumors are correct. It will be a shame if it ends up being the case since he seemed to be hitting his stride right before he was injured.

Sasha Banks is another female who's had to pull out of the MMC, reportedly due to injury, Mickie James will take her place but I cant remember who her partner will be.

This follows Alexa Bliss who had to pull out earlier this week.

Sasha Banks is another female who's had to pull out of the MMC, reportedly due to injury, Mickie James will take her place but I cant remember who her partner will be.

This follows Alexa Bliss who had to pull out earlier this week.
Lashley was to partner Banks.

Hadn't read about Bliss pulling out, do you know why?

Both are injured, don't know how or how long for.

Last years MMC also had these problems with three stars pulling out due to injury/illness, this competition is starting to become a curse.

I love Curt Hawkins! :lol:

Also, I love how many people in the comment section can't grasp this storyline.

Yep Brie knocked out Liv Morgan with one of her Yes kicks, she got ripped to shreds on Twitter because of it, basically saying she's a dangerous worker. To me though having seen the footage several times it looked like Liv leaned forward a split second before, I don't really think anyone's to blame, anyone can botch.

I thought the whole story with Strowman/Ziggler/Drew trying to turn Dean was really good, I think we are closer to an Ambrose heel turn.

Also WWE have made a new 'Then, Now, Forever' intro.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I watched it a bunch of times as it really jumped out to me watching live.

What it looked like to me was that Liv slumped over unnaturally before the last kick because the second-to-last one had nailed her square in the face. So she was already either rocked or out and couldn't defend herself from the final one. Brie noticed something wasn't right at the last instant and tried to pull up on the final kick but it was too late. Obviously a missed communication as Brie was telegraphing each kick(similar to the way Bryan does) and Liv was selling each one, but then when the kicks sped up she wasn't prepared for it and had no idea the double-speed kick was coming.

It's always tough for someone out of the loop to assign blame for something like that. Clearly Liv was just keeping the same(slowly increasing) rhythm and must have either lost count(which seems a little risky to me) or missed a signal(which may or may not have been given - I saw nothing other than Brie stopped pointing on that kick but I'd have no idea what to even look for). Brie had a few other awkward moments... I think it was Ruby she hit in the face with a running knee and then a spot in the corner where she thought she was going to hit Ruby when it was supposed to be the other way around. That one earned her a pretty stiff kick to the ribs. *EDIT: watching it again I'm not sure that kick really was any more solid than usual, it just looked pretty good. Ruby stayed pretty professional the whole time even if she looked extremely annoyed now and then.

Just hoping there's no serious injury from it. I see a report that Liv unsurprisingly has a concussion, which we now know is not really a minor injury, but it's better than a broken face or even worse. At least she didn't hit her head again after coming back in for the goofy suplex.

What I find most puzzling is why they felt the need to have commentary lie about Liv being taken to the back to be treated when she was being attended to at ringside. The instant the match was over Ruby and Sarah made a beeline over to the barricade to check on her, and a cameraman(who probably got in trouble for it) followed them over to where she was. Yet Cole then repeated the claim that she wasn't at ringside anymore??

Sorry for rambling on, I do that. This incident just really caught my attention for some reason when I was looking right at it and saw immediately she was hurt.

Last edited:
Raw is on in a bit, its the breast cancer thing again so everything will be pink.

Daniel Bryan has posted a series of tweets today to defend his wife Brie after what happened last week on Raw, Brie has since been the subject of some pretty horrible comments from so-called fans.

I know what she did wasn't great but some of the stuff I've read that's directed towards her since has been uncalled for.

Raw is on in a bit, its the breast cancer thing again so everything will be pink.

It's also the go-home show for Super Show Down. The network has 5 hours set aside for it as well with no pre-show so it's bound to be a long one, thankfully it's on during the morning here.

I'm guessing the Cruiserweight title will be the token title change since it's the bottom belt and Buddy Murphy is from Australia.

I know what she did wasn't great but some of the stuff I've read that's directed towards her since has been uncalled for.

You would think that with all the people in the industry defending Brie they would ease up on the hatred a tad. But this is the internet, once they find something they tend to blow it out of proportion and refuse to let go.

Undertaker and Kane made an appearance during the Shawn Michaels promo, they destroyed Michaels and Triple H.

Not a huge amount else on Raw tbh, Rollins and McIntyre had a good match until Ziggler turned up, then Strowman, McIntyre and Ziggler destroyed the Shield.

Cant think of anything else that was newsworthy, which is sad really.

Undertaker and Kane made an appearance during the Shawn Michaels promo, they destroyed Michaels and Triple H.

Not a huge amount else on Raw tbh, Rollins and McIntyre had a good match until Ziggler turned up, then Strowman, McIntyre and Ziggler destroyed the Shield.

Cant think of anything else that was newsworthy, which is sad really.

On it.

General dumping of stuff:

WWE:
Rey Mysterio is reportedly making his full-time return at SmackDown 1000.

New Japan:
Final card for 2018's King of Pro-Wrestling released, event is on the 8th of this month, main event for Wrestle Kingdom 13 will more or less be determined this night. Noteworthy is the IWGP Heavyweight Championship being fought for in a three-way match, somewhat uncommon for this title.

General:
Neville made his in-ring return at Dragon Gate's The Gate of Victory event in Tokyo last night/today depending on what time zone you're in, returning to his independent name PAC.

Latest Posts

Back