Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Here's the card for Super Showdown in Melbourne tomorrow.

Cruiserweight Championship
Cedric Alexander (c) v Buddy Murphy

Asuka & Naomi v The Iconics

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) v The Bar

Daniel Bryan v The Miz
(winner gets future WWE title opportunity)

John Cena & Bobby Lashley v Kevin Owens & Elias

Smackdown Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Charlotte Flair

Ronda Rousey & The Bellas v The Riott Squad

WWE Championship-No Diqualification, No Count-Out match
AJ Styles (c) v Samoa Joe

The Shield v Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre

The Undertaker v Triple H
(with Kane and Shaun Michaels)

No idea what time its on in the UK, I'm at work tomorrow but Ill watch it when I come home sometime.

Super Showdown was quite enjoyable.

WWE Title match between Styles and Joe was match of the night for me, easily the best of the three that they have had Cruiserweight title match was also really good with Buddy Murphy winning the belt in his hometown, Bryan v Miz was over too quickly with a win coming from a roll up in just a few minutes which made me wonder if that was the actual finish. All the other matches were good or meh.

Then too the main event between Taker and Triple H, it was turned into a No DQ match at the last minute, and it was a complete car wreck, seeing too older guys beating each other with chairs was uncomfortable to watch.

It begins:
fPlUcMA.jpg

Wrestle Kingdom 13 in Tokyo Dome
January 4th 2019

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kenny Omega (c)(4th defense) v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi (G1 28 winner)

Trivia: Since the IWGP Heavyweight Championship Tokyo Dome challenge certificate was introduced at the 2012 G1 Climax, the holder has retained the title shot but has yet to win the title at Wrestle Kingdom.
2012 G1-Kazuchika Okada, lost to Tanahashi
2013- Tetsuya Naito, lost to Okada
2014- Okada again, lost to Tanahashi again
2015- Tanahashi, lost to Okada
2016- Kenny Omega, lost to Okada
2017- Naito again, lost to Okada

Unrelated EDIT:

Last edited:
A good Raw with plenty of news.

Firstly as mentioned in above post, Shawn Michaels will be coming out of retirement for the Crown Jewel event, I think he should have never agreed to it and maybe he only did because they offered him an obscene amount of money, the taker-triple H match was pretty horrible and I think this tag match will be too.

There will be a tournament during the same card called the WWE World Cup, its sort of like a king of the ring with four guys from Raw and four from Smackdown competing to see who is the 'best in the world'. John Cena and Kurt Angle already announced for it, Smackdown will have qualifying matches tonight.

Ronda Rousey will defend her title against Nikki Bella at Evolution after the Bella's attacked her from behind on Raw, plus the two matches between, Mickie James/Lita and Bliss/Stratus is now a tag match with Lita and Trish Stratus v Alexa Bliss and Mickie James, that sounds much better to me.

So they have been doing NXT UK tapings for a while now and today WWE have announced that it will premiere on the Network on Wednesday. 👍

So they have been doing NXT UK tapings for a while now and today WWE have announced that it will premiere on the Network on Wednesday. 👍

The only thing surprising is that they're not waiting until the Mae Young Classic is over. Currently the Wednesday block on the network is the only thing I've really been watching* so this will just make it better.

*The extent of my main roster watching has been segments on Youtube and PPV's,

I've been reading a few rumours that Kevin Owens is out for 4-8 months with a serious legit knee injury.

Really bad news if true, the guy cant get a break.

I've been reading a few rumours that Kevin Owens is out for 4-8 months with a serious legit knee injury.

Really bad news if true, the guy cant get a break.
On the one hand, that's both unfortunate and worrying, since knee injuries only get worse if you keep aggravating them and wrestling is always hard on the knees.

On the other hand, seems kind of obvious that they have no idea what to do with Owens right now, and some time off may keep him from getting mired in Midcard Purgatory, which is often even harder to recover from than an injury.

So WWE have pulled the Crown Jewel event from its event listings on WWE.com, plus any mention of Saudi Arabia on the previews on the site, the country is involved in the civil unrest in Yemen.

Apparently the show is going ahead but its something to keep any eye on.

There was no mention of 'Saudi Arabia' on the show last night, or 'Riyadh' or 'Riyadh, Saudi Arabia', so from that I think the Crown Jewel event will obviously take place but where it will be held is up in the air.

I really hope The Shield and Strowman, Ziggler, McIntyre feud has ended, they have main evented the last two Raws!

Evolution is around two weeks away, a battle royal has been added with the winner getting a future women's title shot, Torrie Wilson is one of the competitors.

Smackdown 1000 is tonight!

Smackdown 100 was good but a bit all over the place.

They only got the Undertaker out to say about six words at the end because that's all they had time for.

Rey Mysterio and Nakamura had a good match, the world Cup thing is now filled, with all Americans!

The most memorable thing about the whole show was the Evolution re-union and Batista's promo, he went off script to joke about Ric Flair's manhood, it then got intense when he mentioned that Triple H has done everything in the business apart from beat him, that stare from Batista afterwards was intense!

Teams for War Games are announced. Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, and Roderick Strong) v.s WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne, NXT North American Champion Ricochet, and War Raiders.

Overall notes:
Before the taping kicked off, Xavier Woods made a surprise appearance and announced a special League of Legends video game competition for UpUpDownDown. The teams were brought out on stage featuring: One video game pro, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Ruby Riott and Tyler Breeze as Team WWE vs. A video game pro, Johnny Gargano, Adam Cole, Shayna Baszler and Dakota Kai.

* The Undisputed Era started the taping talking about beating The War Raiders. EC3 interrupts saying Adam Cole doesn’t deserve another opportunity at the NXT North American Title and he would prove that right now.

* EC3 def. Adam Cole. After the match, Undisputed Era beat up EC3.

* Mia Yim def. Aliyah.

* Kassius Ohno def. Justin Xavier.

* NXT GM William Regal was about to announce who would challenge Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Championship at NXT TakeOver: WarGames when he was interrupted by Ciampa, Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan and Nikki Cross. Cross yelled “he’s here!” and Aleister Black charged the ring. Black attacked Sullivan and then held up Regal in the corner asking where he is. Johnny Gargano then shows up and attacks Black from behind.

* The Street Profits def. The Mighty.

* Nikki Cross def. Mercedes Martinez.

* Matt Riddle (in his NXT TV debut) def. Luke Menzies.

* Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. Humberto Carrillo and Raul Mendoza.

* Backstage, The Undisputed Era is cutting a promo when the War Raiders show up and beat them up along with the set. Ricochet gets involved as they head inside the arena. Pete Dunne runs out to join Ricochet and the War Raiders to even it up. William Regal announces these teams will square off in a WarGames match at TakeOver.

* Heavy Machinery def. The Forgotten Sons.

* Dakota Kai def. Taynara Conti.

* Bianca Belair def. Mia Yim.

* Lacey Evans def. Karissa Rivera.

* Kyle O’Reilly def. Hanson.

* Lars Sullivan def. Velveteen Dream.

Roman is leaving to deal with his Leukemia. Hopefully he is successful fighting it once more.
Honestly, this was shocking... Considering as well the shield more joined and now this happens... I feel the UC has a curse since we are talking about a health issue, and Finn Balor had to give the belt due to an injury (health issue) as well...

I'm genuinely floored about the Reigns news. Never knew he had leukemia ever, let alone having to battle it twice. Hoping nothing but the best.

I also never knew he had leukemia, completely shocked.

I really hope that he has a quick and speedy recovery and will be back soon.

Alicia Fox has replaced Alexa Bliss in the tag match with Lita and Trish at Evolution tomorrow, Alexa did return to in ring competition at live events last weekend but there was an incident in which she reportedly suffered concussion. Alexa wasn't on Raw last Monday and she will be in Mickie and Alicia corner tomorrow.

I would rather they brought someone from NXT to partner Mickie, what a moment for that person being involved in a match with three of the best ever!

I will post the card for the show tomorrow as usual, I will watch it and I'm looking forward to it despite the poor booking and build up.

Alicia Fox has replaced Alexa Bliss in the tag match with Lita and Trish at Evolution tomorrow, Alexa did return to in ring competition at live events last weekend but there was an incident in which she reportedly suffered concussion. Alexa wasn't on Raw last Monday and she will be in Mickie and Alicia corner tomorrow.

I would rather they brought someone from NXT to partner Mickie, what a moment for that person being involved in a match with three of the best ever!

I will post the card for the show tomorrow as usual, I will watch it and I'm looking forward to it despite the poor booking and build up.

On it.

WWE Evolution

Ronda Rousey(c) v.s Nikki Bella (w/Brie Bella)
Raw Women's Championship

Becky Lynch(c) v.s Charlotte Flair
SmackDown Women's Championship
Last Woman Standing

Kairi Sane(c) v.s Shayna Bazler
NXT Women's Championship

Toni Storm v.s Io Shirai
2018 Mae Young Classic Finals

Trish Stratus/Lita v.s Mickie James/Alicia Fox(w/Alexa Bliss)

Sasha Banks/Bayley/Natalya v.s Ruby Riot(t)/Liv Morgan/Sarah Logan

Battle Royal for a future title shot featuring:
Tamina, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Ember Moon, Nia Jax, Dana Brooke, Asuka, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Carmella, Lana, Naomi, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Alundra Blayze, Ivory, Kelly Kelly, Maria Kanellis, Molly Holly, Zelina Vega, and who knows who else.

Skip ahead to November 2nd for basically the most controversial WWE event in quite some time, Crown Jewel.
Brock Lesnar v.s Braun Strowman
For the vacant WWE Universal Championship

AJ Styles(c) v.s Daniel Bryan
WWE Championship

Triple H/Shawn Michaels v.s Kane/The Undertaker

Cesaro/Sheamus(c) v.s (really any two members of The New Day)
SmackDown Tag Team Championship

WWE World Cup tournament featuring:
John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, and Rey Mysterio

November 17th, next Takeover event. War Games returns, the card to date:
War Games
Adam Cole/Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly/Roderick Strong v.s Pete Dunne/Ricochet/Hanson/Rowe

NXT Championship
Tommaso Ciampa(c) v.s Velveteen Dream

Johnny Gargano v.s Aleister Black

Has anyone heard from Nakamura lately? Seems like they've completely forgotten about him and the U.S. Title.

Also, here is a primer for tomorrow's true main event.

I'm not posting the card for the show tonight as its already been posted, but I'm very much looking forward to it, I know the booking and build up to it has been average at best but the talent on that card looks immense!

WWE confirmed this week that Crown Jewel will still be going ahead in Saudi Arabia, despite all the political stuff that's going on there.

Evolution was far better than I expected, granted the last Woman standing match certainly helps. The tag matches weren't great, but were better than most thrown together tag matches WWE does. The Battle Royal was fairly entertaining except for the dance break and the other singles matches were solid. They also had a unique set for the event which looked fantastic.

Really the only part I wasn't a fan of was all the self promoting done by WWE. But that's to be expected when they are doing anything positive.

Very much enjoyed the show, Last Woman Standing Match was one of the matches of the year and it was just brilliant.

But the show overall was very good they should do more of these.

Evolution very much did not suck. I rather enjoyed all of it about as much as I could have hoped for. Made for a fun night, including the excessive ridiculosity of the House of Hardy afterwards.

John Cena and Daniel Bryan have pulled out of Crown Jewel, they are not injured, they obviously don't want to got to Saudi Arabia.

Edit, just confirmed on Raw, Bobby Lashley has replaced Cena in the World Cup tournament, would've rather have had Balor.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back