Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,229 comments
So everyone is talking about the video Ronda Rousey has posted, I have no idea what to make of it!

I personally love it and wish this was the Ronda we got starting the Raw after Wrestlemania.

One thing I will say though is I think it's really being blown out of proportion as pretty much every other wrestler has said similar things in interviews or videos, although obviously not as blunt.

So its the last PPV before Wrestlemania tonight, here is the Fastlane card.

Kick-Off Show

The New Day v Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura

Rey Mysterio v Andrade

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw Tag Team Championship-Triple Threat Match
The Revival (c) v Aleister Black & Ricochet v Bobby Roode & Chad Gable

Smackdown Women's Championship
Asuka (c) v Mandy Rose

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) v Shane McMahon & The Miz

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) v Nia Jax & Tamina

The Shield v Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Lashley

Charlotte Flair v Becky Lynch
(If Becky wins she is added to the Raw Women's title match at Wrestlemania)

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) v Kevin Owens

Card looks far better than what it looked like maybe two weeks ago.

Not too surprising considering how many times they referenced Miz's dad. Normally I would be annoyed at yet another "heel McMahon" storyline, but considering Shane hasn't played the heel very often (if ever? :confused:) I'm actually interested in where they go with it.

Edit: Can we have Elias do this every PPV? :lol:

Edit 2: Beth Phoenix took some bumps!

Last edited:
ONE LAST MOTHER(beep)ing TIME!!!!!" - Seth Rollins :lol::lol::lol::(:(:(

As I predicted, Becky was going to win it, although I didn't expect it by dq from Ronda, she REALLY wants the man's head!
This one had to be the main event I still think

And, in all honesty. I hope this is not the last ever time for the shield, if WWE wants to kill the shield for good, they have to do it in WM... Although that maybe could not happen since there has been slight rumors about Dean Ambrose's renew possibly happening...

Overall, a very predictable PPV, but very enjoyable at least! :D

Wrestlemania 35 is next! :D

Last edited:
Very enjoyable PPV. Some great matches, great moments, good stories and storytelling.

Plenty of twists and turns in the WWE title picture, we all thought Kofi was being added to the match only for Vince to do him dirty again, but I think he will be in the match at WM, the eventual triple threat match was great and Mustafa added a lot to it.

Shane turning on Miz was predictable as so too was Ronda interfering in the Women's match causing the DQ, fatal four way for the US title was a great match.

A surprisingly fun show last night, pretty much all the way through.

They're really laying it on thick with "Kofi's never gonna get his shot" aren't they? Too bad Ali got booed but anybody was going to get booed in that spot. It wasn't personal and he had them cheering for him by the end anyway.

I was hoping for a better fight out of the Becky/Charlotte duel(and hoping Becky would drop the stupid crutch already) but with the way it was shaping up... having smug Ronnie come out and "save" smug Becky was probably just as well, and probably better than most of what they've done with that story lately. I was a bit surprised Charlotte didn't continue the beatdown post-match though.

Poor Asuka needs somebody to work with. I was cautiously hoping for a bit better out of that match too but I'm not sure why I would have been. Hoping to be surprised mainly. Outside of the one obvious move Mandy didn't seem to do anything too bad, the match just kind of lacked a little oomph somehow. Sonya hunting for weapons was just kind of silly and I'm not sure it's the right time to break their team up yet.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the Shield match despite not being a particular fan of them normally. Made for a good main event.

4 weeks for them to screw everything up again before Wrasslemania now. :)

Side note: Assuming I'm reading things right, WrestleMania 35 card to date, matches likely but not confirmed as of now underlined, lots of people I have no clue where they'd fit in:

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v.s Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) v.s (most likely Kofi Kingston, possible Mustafa Ali inclusion if a multi-man affair)

WWE Raw Womens Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) v.s Charlotte Flair v.s Becky Lynch

Triple H (Bonus round: traditional over-the-top entrance is Avengers/Game of Thrones themed) v.s Batista

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy (c) v.s (Tony Nese/Drew Gulak/Oney Lorcan/Cedric Alexander)

Shield to give a farewell address on Raw tonight, they are really going for this Shield splitting up thing aren't they?!

Well, Roman is the only one lefting to do a Heel turn...

Seth turned on Dean and Roman, Dean turned on Seth. We need enough Shield reunions to cover Dean turning on Roman and Roman turning on Seth and Dean...so, we've got a minimum of two reunions left before they disband for good.

Both Batista and Kurt Angle will retire forever in WM (at least Batista's light is not over lol)... Also, WWE again misbooking Braun for WM -.-...

In the good side, a no holds barred match in WM after a while, Shelton Benjamin and Beth Phoenix returned to WWE (better in the Glamazon's case) and Dean Ambrose could have a WM match against Drew (no DQ match even!), a good possibly send off to him :)

3 weeks away! :D

Technically Shelton has been around for quite a while now, but he's been invisible for most of it. :)

Was a little disappointed Braun vandalized the Camaro instead of flipping it. Also, I'm pretty sure he could actually fit in a big fat car with no roof like that. Knees might have hit the wheel though.

Finn Balor's reign as IC Champ only lasted three weeks, he didn't even beat the former Champ Lashley for the title and didn't wrestle at Fastlane.

It wasn't so long ago that Strowman was the 'next big thing' and was tipped to beat Lesnar for the Universal title at WM, now nowhere on the card and is in a storyline with two people that I haven't heard of that I don't care about, he also didn't wrestle at Fastlane.

I've got a feeling that Triple H v Batista No Holds Barred match will be horrible, I hope I'm wrong but I feel it will be like when Triple H faced Undertaker in the No DQ in Melbourne last year.

ohhh

D1bBAqoUwAEgfnS.jpg

On Smackdown last night, Vince and Kofi had an in ring confrontation which leads to a Kofi's WM title opportunity hanging on him winning a Gantlet match next week with his opponents being Randy Orton, Samoa Joe, The Bar (both member presumably) and Rowan.

Miz v Shane McMahon has been made for WM and it looks like AJ Styles v Orton is heading that way too with Styles issuing a challenge to him after their in ring verbal spat which was probably the highlight of the show.

So on NXT last night, Gargano totally out-heeled Ciampa. He obviously has an excuse after all they've been through and the crowd loved it. But he and they can say "Johnny Wrestling" all they want, that was 100% Johnny Jack-Ass the bad guy. Faking an injury, intentionally throwing an important match and in the process disrespecting the fans and your opponents... all for the purpose of a premeditated attack on your partner. That's just straight-up heel work whether he deserved it or not.

Ciampa tried to sneak attack him after the match, sure. It could have been because he was upset his weak partner got injured and cost them the match, could have been because he was upset because he was so worried and distracted about his partner's injury that he lost the match, could have been just because he has bad guy instincts and in the moment decided to lash out. But that's what you'd expect from him. He didn't start it though, as it was clearly all a cleverly planned trap by Johnny and Candice(she of the on-again-off-again black "heel" makeup and the "you know what we have to do" advice before they teamed up). It seems that was their plan all along.

Such a shame that that story dies now as they've both been called up to the main roster, where both were apparently being used as best-friend babyfaces at first(although Cole occasionally referenced Ciampa being a despicable human being), and Ciampa is likely out for a long time recovering from surgery. The story had been going on for a long time and was probably nearing a conclusion that itself probably involved Johnny as NXT champ.

Also, Shayna is now going to defend against all 3 of Bianca, Io and Kairi at Takeover since she couldn't keep her hands to herself last night. I would have much preferred to see Shayna vs Io, but I guess this way it will be easier for them to do something with Shayna's useless "foot clan" soldiers.

And I think I've seen Black and Ricochet wrestle about 15 times in the past month now and I'm still not tired of them. You wouldn't think they'd be going to have them wrestle at both Takeover and WM, but they can't seriously be thinking of giving the title match to the Forgotten Sons? Somebody seems to see something in those three but it sure isn't any of the fans.

Somebody seems to see something in those three but it sure isn't any of the fans.

I was curious so I looked up the history of the members and it's surprising how long they've been in NXT. Ryker has been working the NXT house show circuit since 2017 and only made his TV debut in September. Steve Cutler's NXT debut was on TV in 2014 and Wesley Blake signed in 2013 and made his debut on TV as a jobber in 2014. Blake and Cutler have also been teaming up since 2016. It makes me wonder if their recent push is kind of a "get over or get out" thing.

Haven't done this in a few months:

CARD ROUNDUP TIME
NXT Takeover: New York
April 6th 2019
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY

For the vacant NXT Championship
Johnny Gargano v.s Adam Cole

NXT North American Championship
Velveteen Dream (c) v.s Matt Riddle

NXT Tag Team Championship
War Raiders (Hanson/Rowe)(c) v.s Aleister Black/Ricochet (2019 Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic winners)

NXT Womens Championship
Shayna Bazler(c) v.s Io Shirai v.s Kairi Sane v.s Bianca Belair

WWE United Kingdom Championship
Pete Dunne(c) v.s Walter

NJPW/ROH G1 Supercard
April 6th, 2019
Madison Square Garden
New York City, NY

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Jay White(c) v.s (2019 New Japan Cup winner. Field is currently narrowed down to: Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Zack Sabre Jr, Colt Cabana, Toru Yano, Minoru Suzuki, and SANADA)

ROH World Championship
Ladder Match

Jay Lethal (c) v.s Marty Scurll v.s Matt Taven

IWGP Tag Team Championship/ROH World Tag Team Championship
Winner Takes All

Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga/Tanga Loa)(IWGP Tag) v.s Villain Enterprises (PCO/Brody King) (ROH Tag)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Taiji Ishimori (c) v.s Dragon Lee v.s Bandido

NEVER Openweight Championship/ROH World Television Championship
Winner Takes All

Will Ospreay (NEVER) v.s Jeff Cobb (ROH TV)

New York Street Fight
Bully Ray v.s ???

Rush v.s Dalton Castle

WrestleMania 35
April 7th, 2019
MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar(c) v.s Seth Rollins

WWE Raw Womens Championship
Ronda Rousey(c) v.s Becky Lynch v.s Charlotte Flair

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy(c) v.s (Tony Nese/Cedric Alexander)

No Holds Barred
Triple H v.s Batista

Kurt Angle v.s ???
Angle's retirement match

Shane McMahon v.s The Miz

AJ Styles v.s Randy Orton

Oh, sneak edit:
Anyone fancy some indy wrestling WrestleMania weekend?

Last edited:
Of all the possible opponents for Kurt, they pick Corbin.

It's a shame Kurt is going to go out on a bathroom break match. :yuck:

Just seen Raw, about the Angle/Corbin thing....I can see why people are upset, it is very underwhelming compared to the guys who could have taken on Angle in his last match (Cena would've been perfect) my take on it is this, Angle has been past his best for years and I cant remember when he last had a good match, his match against Gable last night wasn't even good, if he did have a match with Cena or any of the other rumoured guys it wouldn't be a good match either, its a safe choice going with Corbin...and I think it will be a five minute match with Corbin tapping out.

Lots of Twitter rumours before Raw about the length of Wrestlemania, apparently it will be 17 matches total ( including pre-show) and it will run until midnight US time, a lot of people understandably up in arms about it, but in here in the UK it could finish at 6AM!!!!!

Smackdown on in two hours, the Kofi gauntlet match will start the show and will likely fill the bulk of it.

Johnny Gargano will face Adam Cole for the vacant NXT title at Takeover: New York in the 2/3 falls match, this is after Cole won a very good five way match on NXT last night beating Velveteen Dream, Ricochet, Aleister Black and Matt Riddle.

Tommaso Ciampa gave up the title because of his neck surgery.

Wait, Barnett has a MMA promotion...actually, why am I surprised.

Not exactly a promotion per-se, but rather what looks like a yearly thing around WrestleMania weekend by New Jersey indy promotion Game Changer Wrestling. Speaking of Barnett, he's wrestling Minoru Suzuki on the show.

Just saw next raw will be at Boston (Cena's homeplace)... I know that could mean nothing, but who knows... :D

Latest Posts

Back