Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Jim Ross says he is in talks with AEW, his contract with WWE expires on March 29th.

So, know those few images of Kane not too long after his debut (with the Kane character) coming to the ring with a cape as part of his entrance attire? Turns out some video of it surfaced.

Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart are going to be inducted as the Hart Foundation. So we will now go from 1 to 4 double inductee's this year.

Also, Charlotte Vs. Becky Vs. Rhonda has been announced as the main event for WM.

D2g-kiZWsAMFP0b.jpg:large

Two great decisions by WWE, Hart Foundation in the HOF is completely deserved and a fitting tribute to The Anvil, I also think this means that Owen Hart is a step closer to being a future HOFer too.

The Women' triple threat as the WM main event is a no-brainer, this has been building for something like eight months and you cant have a story that's building for that long and not have it as the main event, another big step forward for the Women of WWE and its also derived for the three competitors how have worked so hard to get where they are. 👍

Kurt Angle will face Samoa Joe on Raw tonight (yep Joe on the red brand!) and against AJ Styles on Smackdown tomorrow night, which will be his last match on Smackdown.

Happy for the HOF induction and wrestlemania's1st ever female main event!! Also, hopefully John Cena could possibly do a surprise appereance since today Raw is in Boston (Cena's hometown) and adress Angle's last match :D

More matches made for Wrestlemania during last night Raw (and after it). Lashley v Balor for the IC title, Reigns v McIntyre and a fatal four way for the Women's tag titles. Bayley and Sasha taking on Natalya & Beth Phoenix, The Iconics and Nia Jax & Tamina. Triple H's career will be on the line during his match with Batista.

Charlotte won the SmackDown title. I wonder if that means they are combining the women's rosters?
Not likely. Way too many women in the main roster to make that work. Likely means that Charlotte is staying on SmackDown when she eats a pin at Mania.

Eva
Not likely. Way too many women in the main roster to make that work.

Prior to the tag belts I would agree, however currently I'm not so sure, especially if Ronda does indeed leave or take some time off and Alexa can't return. The division just doesn't have the depth yet to maintain 2 singles and a tag belt in my opinion.

Really I would like to see them unify the men's tag belts as well and just have the Male solo belts be brand specific.

Prior to the tag belts I would agree, however currently I'm not so sure, especially if Ronda does indeed leave or take some time off and Alexa can't return. The division just doesn't have the depth yet to maintain 2 singles and a tag belt in my opinion.

Really I would like to see them unify the men's tag belts as well and just have the Male solo belts be brand specific.
I think the division has a lot of depth, but WWE hasn't given enough people TV time to make it feel that way.

As of right now, here's what each show's women's roster looks like.
Raw:
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Dana Brooke
Ember Moon (injured)
Liv Morgan
Mickie James
Natalya
Nia Jax
Ronda Rousey (leaving?)
Ruby Riott
Sarah Logan
Sasha Banks
Tamina

SmackDown:
Asuka
Becky Lynch (moving to Raw?)
Billie Kay
Carmella
Charlotte Flair
Lana
Mandy Rose
Naomi
Peyton Royce
Sonya Deville
Zelina Vega (if they would let her wrestle)

NXT:
Aliyah
Bianca Belair (sure to be called up before the end of the year)
Candice LeRae
Chelsea Green
Dakota Kai (injured)
Deonna Purrazzo
Io Shirai
Jessamyn Duke
Kacy Catanzaro
Kairi Sane (possible call up)
Kavita Devi
Lacey Lane
Marina Shafir
Mia Yim
M.J. Jenkins
Rachel Evers
Reina Gonzales
Shayna Baszler (call up ready I think)
Taynara Conti
Vanessa Borne
Xia Li

Unassigned:
Lacey Evans
Nikki Cross

Not including NXT UK roster because they still need roster depth and can't afford to lose someone yet.
If Creative knew how to focus on more than three storylines effectively, they could easily make it work.

Eva
I think the division has a lot of depth, but WWE hasn't given enough people TV time to make it feel that way.

If Creative knew how to focus on more than three storylines effectively, they could easily make it work.

I agree that creative could be doing a better job, but I'm still not seeing the depth needed for the 3 belts.

Raw:
Alicia Fox
- Supposedly has been having issues backstage, which is why she's been off camera.
Bayley - Tag Team with Sasha and current champ
Dana Brooke - Was decent as a manager with Titus, not very good as a wrestler though.
Ember Moon (injured) - Championship caliber when healthy
Liv Morgan - Tag Team with Riott Squad
Mickie James - Seems to be taking some time off, hasn't had a match since Jan.
Natalya - Tag Team with Beth
Nia Jax - Tag Team with Tamina
Ronda Rousey (leaving?)
Ruby Riott - Tag Team with Riott Squad, but could easily be a top solo act
Sarah Logan - Tag Team with Riott Squad
Sasha Banks - Tag Team with Bayley and current champ
Tamina - Tag Team with Nia
Beth Phoenix - Tag Team with Natalya, no clue if she's working past WM either.

SmackDown:
Asuka
- Championship caliber
Becky Lynch (moving to Raw?) - Championship caliber
Billie Kay - Tag Team with IIconics
Carmella - Kind of borderline, her title reign was rather forgettable, but her character was rather bland at that point and she has shown potential lately.
Charlotte Flair - Championship Caliber
Lana - She should stick to making Rusev boring.
Mandy Rose - Tag Team with Sonya
Naomi - Championship Caliber
Peyton Royce - Tag Team with IIconics
Sonya Deville - Tag Team with Mandy

Unassigned:
Lacey Evans - Good gimmick, horrible execution thus far and her ring skills need work
Nikki Cross - Championship Caliber if used right

And yes, there are some very promising prospects in NXT, but I'm not so sure any of them can pull off a Paige type debut and be a top star right away.

I agree that creative could be doing a better job, but I'm still not seeing the depth needed for the 3 belts.

Raw:
Alicia Fox
- Supposedly has been having issues backstage, which is why she's been off camera.
Bayley - Tag Team with Sasha and current champ
Dana Brooke - Was decent as a manager with Titus, not very good as a wrestler though.
Ember Moon (injured) - Championship caliber when healthy
Liv Morgan - Tag Team with Riott Squad
Mickie James - Seems to be taking some time off, hasn't had a match since Jan.
Natalya - Tag Team with Beth
Nia Jax - Tag Team with Tamina
Ronda Rousey (leaving?)
Ruby Riott - Tag Team with Riott Squad, but could easily be a top solo act
Sarah Logan - Tag Team with Riott Squad
Sasha Banks - Tag Team with Bayley and current champ
Tamina - Tag Team with Nia
Beth Phoenix - Tag Team with Natalya, no clue if she's working past WM either.

SmackDown:
Asuka
- Championship caliber
Becky Lynch (moving to Raw?) - Championship caliber
Billie Kay - Tag Team with IIconics
Carmella - Kind of borderline, her title reign was rather forgettable, but her character was rather bland at that point and she has shown potential lately.
Charlotte Flair - Championship Caliber
Lana - She should stick to making Rusev boring.
Mandy Rose - Tag Team with Sonya
Naomi - Championship Caliber
Peyton Royce - Tag Team with IIconics
Sonya Deville - Tag Team with Mandy

Unassigned:
Lacey Evans - Good gimmick, horrible execution thus far and her ring skills need work
Nikki Cross - Championship Caliber if used right

And yes, there are some very promising prospects in NXT, but I'm not so sure any of them can pull off a Paige type debut and be a top star right away.
I think Shayna could slot in and be a star immediately, as long as they let her be the heel she is right now in NXT. She has an ability to make people grimace, no matter if you are invested or not, with some of her submissions. Audible gasps are just as important as loud cheers and boos. Kairi has stalled, but I think that was kinda deliberate to keep her level with Io as a team.

Eva
I think Shayna could slot in and be a star immediately, as long as they let her be the heel she is right now in NXT. She has an ability to make people grimace, no matter if you are invested or not, with some of her submissions. Audible gasps are just as important as loud cheers and boos. Kairi has stalled, but I think that was kinda deliberate to keep her level with Io as a team.

The problem I see with both of them is creative not knowing how to book their characters right on the main roster.

If they put Shayna on Raw she will be in Ronda's shadow even if she does leave. On SmackDown i fear they would sacrifice Sonya's sort-of-similar gimmick in favor if Shayna. Which would be a mistake as Sonya is considerably younger, which means she will be around longer.

As for Kairi, she has a more eccentric gimmick, which seems to be something the main roster creative team is completely inept in dealing with. I would hate to see her relegated to "generic bubbly face" or completely forgotten like Sanity.

So the one time that Smackdown didn't tape for me was the one time that things actually happened! :banghead:🤬

Charlotte winning the SD Women's title this close to WM is just bewildering, and they screwed Asuka over....again!!

I've heard both Asuka and Nakamura are both phoning it in and ready to leave. Naka is apparently only still there because he likes to surf and Florida is a good place for it.

Heh, remember when I mentioned former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez working out at the Performance Center? Turns out he's gonna have his wrestling debut in Mexico with AAA. August 3rd, Mexico City, Triplemanía XXVII.

Also, that time again:
NXT TakeOver: New York
April 5th from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY

2/3 Falls for the vacant NXT Championship
Adam Cole v.s Johnny Gargano

WWE United Kingdom Championship
Pete Dunne(c) v.s Walter

NXT North American Championship
Velveteen Dream(c) v.s Matt Riddle

NXT Tag Team Championship
War Raiders (Hanson/Rowe) v.s Aleister Black/Ricochet

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Bazler(c) v.s Io Shirai v.s Bianca Belair v.s Kairi Sane

NJPW/ROH G1 Supercard
April 6th from Madison Square Garden in New York, NY

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Jay White(c) v.s Kazuchika Okada

ROH World Championship
Ladder Match

Jay Lethal(c) v.s Matt Taven v.s Marty Scurll

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito(c) v.s Kota Ibushi

RPW British Heavyweight Championship
Zack Sabre Jr (c) v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Tag Team Champiponship/ROH World Tag Team Championship
Winner Takes All

Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga/Tanga Loa)(IWGP) v.s Villain Enterprises (PCO/Brody King) v.s Los Ingobernobles de Japon (EVIL/SANADA) v.s The Briscoe Brothers (Mark/Jay Briscoe)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Taiji Ishimori(c) v.s Dragon Lee v.s Bandido

NEVER Openweight Championship/ROH World TV Championship
Winner Takes All

Will Ospreay(NEVER) v.s Jeff Cobb(ROH)

Women of Honor Championship
Mayu Iwatani(c) v.s Kelly Klein

Rush v.s Dalton Castle

New York Street Fight
Bully Ray v.s ????

WrestleMania 35
April 7th from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar(c) v.s Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan(c) v.s Kofi Kingston

WWE Raw Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey(c) v.s Becky Lynch v.s SD Women's Champion Charlotte Flair

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Bobby Lashley(c) v.s Finn Balor

WWE United States Championship
Samoa Joe(c) v.s Rey Mysterio

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy(c) v.s Tony Nese

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
Sasha Banks/Bayley(c) v.s Natalya/Beth Phoenix v.s Billie Kay/Peyton Royce v.s Nia Jax/Tamina

No Holds Barred
Triple H's in-ring career on the line

Triple H v.s Batista

Falls Count Anywhere
Shane McMahon v.s The Miz

AJ Styles v.s Randy Orton

Roman Reigns v.s Drew McIntyre

Kurt Angle's Farewell Match
Kurt Angle v.s "Baron Corbin"

The Women's battle royal at WM has finally been confirmed, Asuka is one of its competitors.

Poor Asuka.

The Women's battle royal at WM has finally been confirmed, Asuka is one of its competitors.

Poor Asuka.

Yeah, but maybe they're gonna book her to look like a million bucks in it... or use it to kick off homicidal clown blood-spitting heel Asuka... or have her brutalize Charlotte in the main event later... or at least give her something worthwhile to do after WM...

...okay, we've probably all seen what they're going to do with Asuka by now. She's a great performer who stays popular with the fans no matter what they do with her, but the people in charge just don't seem to have much interest in her. Maybe at least she'll actually get the trophy if she wins, since Naomi didn't get hers.

She did reportedly attack Charlotte during a house show match the other night, so maaaybe they at least have something planned. :)

Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake is the last inductee into this years Hall Of Fame.

Stephanie McMahon will start Raw tonight with an announcement regarding the Women's triple threat at Wrestlemania, I bet she will make herself special guest referee!

Did anyone catch HBO's Last Week Tonight with Jon Oliver last night? The main story was WWE. It's on Youtube

Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake is the last inductee into this years Hall Of Fame.

Stephanie McMahon will start Raw tonight with an announcement regarding the Women's triple threat at Wrestlemania, I bet she will make herself special guest referee!
Did she commentate the rumble to? She might do that too for that match.

Well, on the bright side for Asuka, they didn't throw her into a crappy trailer-trash Cops segment. The only thing missing was a guy wearing a wife-beater and holding a beer. :lol:

I was expecting a more main-ly ending but still a good raw-before-mania! The cops segment, although a bit overtopped, still very funny and attitude era'ish!!

See y'all at 'mania!! :D

Last edited:
It seems like, depending on who you are, that cops segment was either the worst thing that the WWE has ever done... or the best thing they've done in years. :)

Personally, I'm not sure when the last time I laughed that hard for that long was, so I guess I rather liked it. After not being at all amused by the setup to it.

Aaaand it's been Yakity Sax'd:

So indie star MJF has become the latest person to have a video from his past come back to haunt him.

I've only become familiar with him since he was announced as being a part of AEW and more recently MLW*, but I really am becoming a fan of his. He does such a great job being a hateable d-bag! :lol:

*I have been watching MLW for about a month now and highly recommend it. It's much more sports-oriented in it's presentation compared to WWE, plus they have Cornette on commentary.

Minor plug for a wrestleman I'm kinda acquainted with via another message board. Normally works the Canadian independent scene.

Guy's getting a reasonably big thing going WrestleMania week, working the second part of Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 in the titular match of the show...and I quote...the "Greatest Cluster(four-letter expletive begging with F)".

Don't forget that NXT Takeover is on tomorrow night and not Saturday night, WWE swapped it with the Hall Of Fame ceremony because of the ROH/New Japan show at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

So we have NXT Takeover New York tomorrow, Hall Of Fame on Saturday, Wrestlemania on Sunday and the usual Raw and Smackdown on Monday and Tuesday.

Back