Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
After MITB and the subsequent Raw I decided to take a break from wrestling as I was feeling burned out on wrestling (and not just WWE). A little over a month later I'm feeling interested in it again. I started getting caught up with NXT and found it just as enjoyable as before, I'm interested to see where they go with Gargano now that he's not the champ anymore. Last night I watched Double or Nothing and was impressed for a first effort, tonight I plan on watching Fyter Fest. NXT UK will be on my "catch-up" list after Fyter Fest.

I think from now on I will just focus on NXT, NXT UK and AEW as trying to watch all the wrestling is a tad too much for me.

Only mentioning Impact Wrestling because hmmm the former John Morrison might be wrapping up with them post-Slammiversary, which was on Sunday.

Opening bets on whether he'll appear at AEW All Out (August 31st) or the next Takeover (August 10th).

As for the G1 Climax, B Block doesn't start until the 13th with:
Juice Robinson vs. Shingo Takagi
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jeff Cobb
Toru Yano vs. Tetsuya Naito
Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White
Jon Moxley vs. Taichi

WWE Extreme Rules is this Sunday and both Raw and Smackdown have been good lately with Heyman and Bischoff taking over. Kevin Owens stole the show last night with a brilliant promo. Aleister Blacks opponent for Sunday was revealed to be Cesaro in what should be a great match, Nakamura was back to face Balor last night and he left with a dominant victory.

Over on the Raw side, well we still have the Mixed tag team match main event for Sunday (way too much going on there!) plus Strowman v Lashley last man standing has been made but the return of The Club has been a highlight of the last two weeks.

Here is the card for WWE Extreme Rules tonight.

Kick-Off Show

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cruiserweight Championship
Drew Gulak (c) v Tony Nese

Aleister Black v Cesaro

Last Man Standing Match
Braun Strowman v Bobby Lashley

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Triple Threat Match
Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) v New Day v Heavy Machinery

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) v The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship-2 on 1 Handicap Match
Bayley (c) v Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross

United States Championship
Ricochet (c) v AJ Styles

No Holds Barred Tag Team Match
Roman Reigns & Undertaker v Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre

WWE Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) v Samoa Joe

Universal Championship & Raw Women's Championship-Mixed Tag Team, Extreme Rules, Winners take all Match
Seth Rollins (c) & Becky Lynch (c) v Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans
(If Baron and Lacey lose then they can never challenge Seth and Becky for the titles again)

No Kick-Off Show match yet but you would expect the Cruiserweight title match to be moved to it.

Jeff Hardy was arrested in South Carolina yesterday for public intoxication.

Last edited:
Overall it was a great PPV (Possibly the best of 2019 so far). All the favorite ones won!! :D But we will never see the universal championship never again... (Meh... It's not the WWE championship at least) Let's see how they wrap this up for Summerslam! :D

Great show, four titles changed hands, ended on a bad note though as Lesnar came in and cashed in to become a three-time Universal Champ.

Wave goodbye to the big red belt again!

2019 G1 Climax standings, considering each block has had two nights:

A BLOCK:
(4 points)
Lance Archer
KENTA
Kazuchika Okada (potential tie-breaker win over Tanahashi)

(2 points)
Bad Luck Fale
EVIL
Will Ospreay
SANADA

(0 points)
Kota Ibushi
Zack Sabre Jr
Hiroshi Tanahashi

B BLOCK:
(4 points)
Jon Moxley
Tomohiro Ishii
Juice Robinson

(2 points)
Taichi (who got my predicted spoiler win over Naito)
Toru Yano (got his spoiler win, also over Naito)
Shingo Takagi
Hirooki Goto

(0 points)
Jeff Cobb
Tetsuya Naito
Jay White

Ospreay is injured at the moment, status for the rest of the tourney is debatable. Still having Naito winning B Block at the last minute, with Okada losing out at winning A Block to...hmm....let's say KENTA via tiebreaker win.

Baron Corbin hitting Becky with the End Of Days and then turning to Seth and yelling 'WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT YOU PIECE OF ****!' might just be the greatest moment of his WWE career to date...

I still wonder myself why the public doesn't throw the drinks or whatever thing they bring to eat or drink whenever things like the cash in happens?? :lol:

Bray Wyatt finally returned by attacking Balor after his match with Samoa Joe.

I still wonder myself why the public doesn't throw the drinks or whatever thing they bring to eat or drink whenever things like the cash in happens?? :lol:

Concessions are too expensive to throw at the ring. :lol:

Seth Rollins to face Lesnar for the title at Summerslam on August 11th after he won a 10-man dual branded battle royal last night, Natalya will face Becky for her title after she won a fatal four way elimination match. I have no problems with either of these matches.

Really good Raw last night, not just the in-ring return of Bray Wyatt but R-Truth winning back the 24/7 title whilst Drake Maverick was 'consummating' his marriage was hilarious. :lol:

G1 2019 updated standings
Block A
8 pts
  • KENTA
  • Kazuchika Okada
4 pts
  • Lance Archer
  • EVIL
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • Kota Ibushi
2 pts
  • Will Ospreay
  • Zack Sabre Jr
  • SANADA
  • Bad Luck Fale

Block B
6 pts
  • Jon Moxley
4 pts
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Shingo Takagi
  • Juice Robinson
  • Toru Yano
2 pts
  • Hirooki Goto
  • Taichi
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Tetsuya Naito
0 pts
  • Jay White
Currently calling the winner of KENTA/Okada on July 27th to win Block A.

Last edited:
BIG episode of Raw tonight, its a Raw Reunion with SO many Hall Of Famer's and Legends returning. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, The Dudleys to name but a few!

If you think Stone Cold never gets old give me a "hell yeah"!! :lol::lol:...

In the other side, no historic women's match tonight (I wanted Melina vs. Naomi) and a (as usual) dead crowd...

Overall, wasn't bad, but wasn't good either... Also, I'm starting to feel bad for Drake Maverick too :(

Enjoyable show last night, no real complaints from me.

24/7 title changed hands several times, here's how it went

Started with R-Truth and then...
Drake Maverick
Pat Patterson
Gerald Briscoe
Kelly Kelly
Candice Michelle
Alyndra Blaze
Ted DiBiase
Drake Maverick
And the finished with R-Truth and Mavericks wife!

Pat Patterson becomes the oldest person ever to hold any WWE title at the age of 78!

Kofi Kingston will defend his WWE title against Randy Orton at Summerslam and Shane McMahon v Kevin Owens also has been made with KO 'quitting' if he loses.

Really good Smackdown last night. 👍

Second time this year he has been arrested now, first time he was with Naomi.

I'm not one to complain when companies change things, but the new WWE PC app is atrocious. If there is a way to select programming besides whatever they happen to be showing I haven't found it and for some reason the PC app has 0 keyboard support. I don't know if they forgot that people still use non-touchscreen computers or what, but this is not the sort of thing WWE needs right now.

WWE released a massive new update to the Network this week that affects the user interface and has new menus, I haven't tried it yet but I've heard good things about it.

The Police report into Jimmy Uso's arrest has been released and it says he was driving at over 100 MPH and almost slammed head first into another car when they stopped him!

There have been rumours circulating this week that Trish Stratus will return to in-ring competition to face Charlotte at Summerslam, they have just announced that Jerry Lawlor will return with his Kings Court on the upcoming Smackdown where his guest will be....Trish Stratus.

Looks like this is happening.

Back