Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,229 comments
Not only is Luke Harper finally back, he's back with an Amon Amarth t-shirt! :dopey:
The Bludgeon brothers are back!! :bowdown::bowdown: (I don't know the importance of the t-shirt though... Sorry)

And Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins for Hell in a Cell!!

Thought it was a good show but not a great one.

Highlights for me were Becky v Sasha which was a really intense fight and easily match of the night and the crowd were all over it, Kofi v Orton was a really good match too but it followed Becky v Sasha which hindered it badly, Harper's return is obviously great too and Bray/Fiend attacking Seth after his match was a great move.

Rest of the card was meh with only two titles changing which was disappointing.

So not only does WWE bump the KoTR finals to Raw, they don't even have it main event (or even end the second hour).

It's a shame this tournament doesn't get the treatment it deserves from WWE.

Corbin won KOTR then, don't really know what to make of that, I know he gets a lot of stick but he has been better lately and he looks to be in better shape, it was a great match between him and Gable and I do feel for Gable a bit.

Rusev returned last night too and looks great, Mayor Glen Jacobs/Kane won the 24/7 title yesterday as he was given R-Truth a tour of Knocksville of which he is Mayor of and Raw was in Tennessee last night, he returned as Kane to help Rollins when he was getting a beatdown and he then got attacked by the Fiend.

Hell In A Cell matches between Becky and Sasha for the title plus Rollins and Wyatt/Fiend for the title have been made.

Brock is back on Smackdown! Unfortunately so is Shane. :yuck:

Edit: Wow, Brock is actually going to wrestle on a non-PPV! :eek:

Last edited:
Brock is back on Smackdown! Unfortunately so is Shane. :yuck:

Edit: Wow, Brock is actually going to wrestle on a non-PPV! :eek:

RIP Kofimania. It's a shame he is going to drop the belt to Lesnar. Randy would have been a perfect champion.

And Shane... OMG... why? I can't understand why he keeps going on and on and on and on... If anyone deserves an F5 is him.

It will be the first time that Brock has competed on Smackdown since 2004!

The ending of Smackdown last night was brilliantly chaotic.

NXT on USA starts tonight.

Well, my fears that they would change NXT now that it's live on USA have been allayed for 1 week at least.

AEW Vs. NXT will be fun, I just hope it manages to work out better than the last "war".

Undisputed Era now hold all male titles on NXT after Roderick Strong beat Velveteen Dream to become new North American Champion, Adam Cole is NXT champion and Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish are NXT tag team champions.

I heard there was an advert for AEW's weekly show during a break of NXT on USA last night.

Undisputed Era now hold all male titles on NXT after Roderick Strong beat Velveteen Dream to become new North American Champion, Adam Cole is NXT champion and Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish are NXT tag team champions.

I heard there was an advert for AEW's weekly show during a break of NXT on USA last night.

It was a local ad, not one aired on USA network proper. Still got a big chunk of the internet all excited.

Loved seeing the Undisputed prophecy finally fulfilled. Maybe the couch was actually the source of The Velveteen Dream's Power after all? The Dream should probably be moving on to other things though, maybe after a rematch or two. He's held on to that title for quite a while.

Seems like Dolph Ziggler and Goldberg were involved in an altercation in Vegas and had to be pulled apart.

A few bits of WWE news.

A big match has been made for Raw tonight, there will be a fatal five way match featuring Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode, the winner will face Seth Rollins for the Universal title on next weeks show which will be the season premiere.

Also made for tonight is Chad Gable v Baron Corbin in a rematch and Nikki Cross v Sasha Banks, plus there will be an episode of Firefly Fun House.

I also heard that next week both Raw and Smackdown will have new stage set-ups, so this week will be the last of the current Raw and Smackdown stages.

Corbin was pretty bad in his program with Seth Rollins, but now as King of the Ring he started strong. Yesterday's match vs. Gable was good and his attire was fitting. That black crown looks sick.

I mean, I'm still mad that McIntyre didn't win, but after learning the news that lead to his early defeat in the tournament, I think Corbin was a good choice.

Also, it was nice to see Rey Mysterio win. That losing streak did him no good.

And the Fiend... OMG.. :bowdown::eek: ...

Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon will face off in a ladder match on Smackdown debut on FOX, if Kevin wins he is reinstated and Shane leaves WWE. If Shane wins then Kevin remains fired.

Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan v Rowan and Harper has been made for HIAC.

The Fiend is easily the best thing on WWE right now.

A few bits of WWE news.

Firstly
Three massive matches have been made for NXT next Wednesday and they are all title matches. a NXT title match between Adam Cole and Matt Riddle, a NXT Women's title match between Shayna Baszler and Candice La Rae and a NXT tag title match between Undisputed Era and Street Profits, the reason for these bug matches next week? Its AEW's Dynamite debut show.

Secondly
WWE have announced changes to the commentary teams for Raw and Smackdown from next week onwards. And they are pretty big changes.

Raw will now have Vic Joseph, Dio Maddin and Jerry Lawler
Smackdown will have Corey Graves, Michael Cole and maybe Renee Young

I say maybe for Renee because she will be present a new show called WWE Backstage with Booker T after Smackdown on FOX, but WWE have said that she will be a 'special contributor' for commentary, Jerry Lawlor will only be temporary as they try of few other people out on Raw.

And Thirdly
There have been a number of reports that WWE have resigned Jonny Hennigan.

This coming week is going to be insane, we already know about the AEW and NXT stuff, but WWE is apparently going all out with the main shows as well.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/wwe-bringing-pryo-back-amid-raw-smackdown-makeovers/

Now we just have to hope the main shows can actually put out good storylines on a consistent basis. They have been improving lately in my opinion, so there is hope.

On a related note, Impact will debut on AXS October 29.

This really seems to be a golden-age for pro-wrestling considering how many quality options there are (both as a spectator as well as the actual performers).

Season Premiere of Raw in an hour, Universal title match between Rollins and Rey Mysterio, US title match between Styles and Cedric Alexander and a Raw tag title match between Ziggler/Roode and Heavy Machinery.

Plus new commentary team, new stage and rumoured pyro making a return.

Some guy named Dwayne is going to be on Smackdown this Friday.

Edit: New set, but same old crap... :yuck:

Last edited:
Some guy named Dwayne is going to be on Smackdown this Friday.

Edit: New set, but same old crap... :yuck:

Who dat :lol:

Also, I freakin' love the new RAW opening scene. Skillet is my favorite group to listen to, and I always knew Legendary would fit right at home in WWE :)

I honestly can't wait for Hell in a Cell. A TON of good matches that I want to see. I personally want to see KO beat the crap out of Shane-O-Mac ;)

Lesnar attacked Mysterio and his son Dominic at the start of the show.
Rusev took Mysterio's place in the Universal title match in the main event v Seth Rollins.
The Fiend attacked Rollins with the claw outside the ring during the match.
Bobby Lashley is back and so is Lana, and the both started snogging the faces off each other whilst Rusev was in the ring.
Crown Jewel is coming back to Saudi Arabia on Halloween and there will be a 10 man tag team match with Hogan and Flair 'coaching' either side, Rollins and Rusev are on Hogan's side with Orton and Corbin on Flair's side.
No titles changed hands in the three title matches, Styles v Alexander was really good, the other two were meh.
New stage set up looked great.
The commentary team wasn't great but they never called matches together before last night, so they need time.
Pyro returning was great and the following people had pyro during their entrances...
Brock Lesnar
Alexa Bliss
Becky Lynch
The Miz
Seth Rollins
Ricochet

And I think that's it, it was light on in-ring action but a lot happened!

Back