Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments

So according to Stephanie McMahon, her and Triple H's oldest daughter Aurora is already doing some basic wrestling training. Could amount to nothing in the long term, but then again, ┐( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)┌

I just hope they all take after HHH instead of Stephanie.

Also, with it being the start of the "Wednesday Night War" tonight it has me wondering what people will watch? Personally I plan on watching AEW live than catching NXT tomorrow on the network.

Hopefully they both deliver.

Ill try an watch NXT in the next few days, AEW Dynamite is sadly not available to watch live on TV in the UK, it will be shown on Thursday nights on ITV4, their PPV events have been on ITV Box Office thus far, so AEW have a right deal with ITV which is a big deal as ITV are a huge TV corporation in the UK.

The main event for AEW was an over-booked mess, but Jake Hager (FKA Jack Swagger) is in AEW! The rest of the show was solid, although the opener went on a tad too long.

Riho is also the first Women's champ, very surprised they didn't go for the easy positive PR route.

Will watch NXT tomorrow, although I managed to spoil a return for myself.

Finn Balor returned and confronted Cole, so it seems like more than a "show up for the pop" appearance.

Smackdown's Premiere on Fox tonight, WWE title match with Kofi Kingston and Brock Lesnar and Ladder Match with Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon, If Owens wins he is reinstated with Shane leaving and if Shane wins Owens remains fired.

Also a host of legends making an appearance including The Rock, Undertaker, Kurt Angle and I'm sure several more.

I'm slightly worried for Hell In A Cell on Sunday as I think only three matches have been made for the show so far.

The new Smackdown set is amazing (really dig the call-back to the original setup)! :drool:

Last edited:
Please let this be them actually writing Shane off TV and not just them "firing" him for a week like they usually do. :nervous:

Jeff Hardy with another DUI arrest :(

They really need to do an intervention or something for him as one of these times it's going to be something far worse than a DUI.

Edit: Seems Tyson Fury is finally making his way to WWE.

Cain Valasquez as well!

Last edited:
SmackDown has my attention in full now. My god, what a start!

After watching all the shows this week I think Raw was really the only weak one and that mostly came down to how it ended.

Raw - Pretty good episode apart from Miz TV and the stupid Lashley/Lana/Rusev angle.
AEW- Great start, still some growing pains but they seem to be learning, which is great.
NXT - Another solid episode, love to see that Finn Balor and Tommaso Ciampa are both back.
Smackdown - The Rock's segment was great and didn't feel like the 20 minutes it lasted. I'm not a fan of how Kofi lost, but him losing was a given as The New Day doesn't seem to fit with the sports image Smackdown is supposedly moving towards.

Next week should be another interesting one with the draft and seeing how the Wednesday shows pan out now that both have their debut's out of the way. Not to mention HiaC is this Sunday, which still only has 3 matches. It feels weird having a strangely empty WWE PPV card considering they're usually overcrowded.

Edit: I love the reactions online as well, people take wrestling way too seriously. :lol:

Last edited:
After watching all the shows this week I think Raw was really the only weak one and that mostly came down to how it ended.

Raw - Pretty good episode apart from Miz TV and the stupid Lashley/Lana/Rusev angle.
AEW- Great start, still some growing pains but they seem to be learning, which is great.
NXT - Another solid episode, love to see that Finn Balor and Tommaso Ciampa are both back.
Smackdown - The Rock's segment was great and didn't feel like the 20 minutes it lasted. I'm not a fan of how Kofi lost, but him losing was a given as The New Day doesn't seem to fit with the sports image Smackdown is supposedly moving towards.

Next week should be another interesting one with the draft and seeing how the Wednesday shows pan out now that both have their debut's out of the way. Not to mention HiaC is this Sunday, which still only has 3 matches. It feels weird having a strangely empty WWE PPV card considering they're usually overcrowded.

Edit: I love the reactions online as well, people take wrestling way too seriously. :lol:
People aren't seeing the big picture for Kofi losing the WWE Heavyweight title at all. Kofi has proven himself as a main eventer for something that is not sports focused. Having him, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins in that main event picture on Raw is worth way more than having him twiddling his thumbs while Lesnar, Velasquez, eventually Reigns, and maybe a couple others rightfully hoist the WWE World Heavyweight Championship scene. Kneejerk as always, it's sad and funny at the same time.

Eva
People aren't seeing the big picture for Kofi losing the WWE Heavyweight title at all.

To an extent I can't really blame them since it doesn't always seem like the WWE sees the big picture either. However in this case I'm willing to give the WWE the benefit of the doubt since even him losing via squash could fit into a long-term arc by it making him want to prove to himself and everyone else that he isn't a one-hit wonder.

Granted I can also see him sinking back to where he was before, but it's far too early to say what way WWE will go with Kofi and that is what makes me continue to tune in. You can't blame them for not doing long-term storytelling when you're not even willing to stick around to see how it plays out.

To an extent I can't really blame them since it doesn't always seem like the WWE sees the big picture either. However in this case I'm willing to give the WWE the benefit of the doubt since even him losing via squash could fit into a long-term arc by it making him want to prove to himself and everyone else that he isn't a one-hit wonder.

Granted I can also see him sinking back to where he was before, but it's far too early to say what way WWE will go with Kofi and that is what makes me continue to tune in. You can't blame them for not doing long-term storytelling when you're not even willing to stick around to see how it plays out.
I didn't see Kofi as super entertaining as the champion, to be completely honest. He was shoehorned in where Mustafa Ali should have been and got a rocketship to the top, and it felt super uninspired when he got there. Not saying Lesnar is usually better, but for the first time since Goldberg's time with the Universal title, I've been pulled in full to see what Lesnar does. A SmackDown with Lesnar, Velasquez, Reigns, Nakamura as headliners, yes please.

Also, addressing the rumor of the Club following Balor to NXT...as unlikely as that seems, my god the Club facing Undisputed Era in War Games would be so amazing. I want that now, at 1 a.m. Right now. Gimme.

Good stuff about the show.

The new stage looks epic and it made every entrance look fantastic
The opening segment was brilliant, The Rock's insults to Corbin were brilliant, you might think Corbin getting a beat down from the great one was bad but its actually a big endorsement for him and for Becky, who is having an unbelievable year.
The opening tag team match with the four horsewoman was really good.
The Ladder match was great, filled with high spots and excitement.
Tyson Fury getting involved is very interesting, a match at Wrestlemania looks to be on the card, he will be on Raw too.
The crowd were red hot throughout the show, making for a great atmosphere.
Two man comms booth with Cole and Graves was much better and sounded less cluttered, Sorry Renee!
Bad stuff about the show.

The whole show was rushed and it meant only a few people got proper entrances to save time, the likes of AJ Styles and Randy Orton were two who deserved better.
I don't care what you guys say, Kofi deserved so much better than what he got, I admit it wasn't the best title reign ever but he did a great job and was a great champion, and the 180 day reign was over in just 9 seconds, it was pretty disgraceful from WWE.
The whole main event was bad for me, I had no idea who Velazquez was until Cole said, at first I thought 'wow Dominic has bulked up! At the moment I have zero interest in a Lesnar-Velazquez feud, Velazquez beat Lesnar in UFC nine years ago!
There was no appearances from Austin or Undertaker like advertised.

I don't care what you guys say, Kofi deserved so much better than what he got,

If they don't go anywhere with it and he just goes back to being a tag team guy I will agree with you. However if they go with a redemption arc than I feel a squash actually does more for Kofi than a "Match of the Year" candidate would. Think of super-hero movies, the hero never wins the first encounter and that's what ultimately gives them motivation to beat the baddie at the end. It's the same thing here, now Kofi needs to prove to himself along with everyone else that his title reign wasn't a fluke but the squash was.

It really is one of those things that could go either way and since I'm going to end up watching it I might as well keep an open mind.

The whole main event was bad for me, I had no idea who Velazquez was until Cole said

Honestly, so did I (knew the name, just not the face), but considering I'm not familiar with about 3/4 of AEW's roster I can't really knock WWE for me not knowing one person. :lol:

Not saying Kofi didn't deserve better. But it isn't hardly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Far worse has happened to far better talent. Kofi can bounce back.

Hell In A Cell is tonight, its been a huge week for WWE and Wrestling in general, which might explain why this card is thin.

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Charlotte Flair

Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan v Erick Rowan & Luke Harper

Raw Woman's Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Becky Lynch (c) v Sasha Banks

Universal Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Seth Rollins (c) v 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt

And that's it so far, I got this card from WWE.Com so there really is only four matches, they can easily make some more, no word of a pre-show yet but there will almost definitely be one.

More matches made for tonight.

Women's Tag Team Championship
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross v The Kabuki Warriors

Viking Raiders & ??? v The OC

Chad Gable v King Baron Corbin

Pre-Show match
Natalya v Lacey Evans

Its a mystery partner and the Viking Raiders v all three OC members.

Edit: also the Reigns/Bryan tag team match is now a Tornado Tag Team match.

I've noticed 2 things already.

1) They appear to be using a refreshed version of the previous entrance stage for tonight. Hopefully this signals a return of PPV specific sets, but even if it doesn't I think using a different setup than the weekly shows is a great idea and helps give it a different feel.

2) Unfortunately the red cell has returned. :yuck:

Randy Orton v Ali just been made for tonight as well, plus Becky v Sasha will open the show.

POR POQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITOOOOOOOOO!!! :D:D (How we latin-americans call the pinfall breaker at 2) lol. Almost Sasha gets it!!

Edit: Becky wins!! :D
2nd edit: Reigns and Bryan win!! :D
3rd edit: Orton wins!! :D
4th edit: Nattie wins!! :D
5th edit: Kabuki champs!! :D
6th edit: The king is dead!! :D
7th edit: Charlotte wins...
8th edit: Forget it...
Faces (7) - Heels (1)

Overall, HIAC was going good, but that finale... Boy, could be top 20 worst ppvs finales in wwe history contender...

Last edited:
So that's 2 years in a row with a very confusing end to Hell in a Cell. :odd:

I will give credit to WWE though for finding a way for Bray to defeat Seth without winning the title, even if it doesn't make sense within the context of the match type.

Acording to twitter, people are chanting "REFUND" & (beep) you Vince, and "RESTART THE MATCH!!". People are heated and with a good reason...

Acording to twitter, people are chanting "REFUND" & (beep) you Vince, and "RESTART THE MATCH!!". People are heated and with a good reason...

There were also “AEW” chants.

Apart from the opening match between Becky and Sasha it was a pretty bad PPV.

Back