Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,232 comments
I really wish AEW would change the split-screen during the first break, it's incredibly awkward.

Also, they're doing another unsanctioned match. :yuck:

Looks like there will be a regular episode of Smackdown this week despite the fact that nearly the entire main roster will be in Saudi Arabia on Thursday, I have no idea how they will pull this off.

Crown Jewel starts at roughly noon in the U.S. so if they leave right after the event they should be in New York with plenty of time to spare. It does seem like they are asking a lot of the Smackdown wrestlers though as it cannot be easy to wrestle, hop on a 12 hour flight than wrestle again just a few hours after landing.

It's WarGames time, and for the first (officially, let's look away at when WSU ran their own in 2011) time it's the women who are going in.

Team Bazler (with Marina Shaffir, Jessamyn Duke, Io Shirai, and Bianca Belair) v.s Team Ripley (with Tegan Nox, Dakota Kai, Candace LeRae, and someone TBD but probs Mia Yim)

Crown Jewel is on now, I did intend to post the card but I have had internet issues in the las 24 hours or so, so I haven't been able to log on here...or anywhere really!

Anyway the 20 man battle royal was on the pre show and Humberto Carillo won and will face AJ Styles for the title on the main card.

Ignoring the Tyson Fury vs. Strowman & Caín vs. Lesnar matches, it seems it was a good show. And the crowd definitely had more life than Super Show Down.

I almost forgot that WWE could make enjoyable PPV's.

Was a much better show than I had anticipated with a lot of good matches. Mansoor v Cesaro (Mansoor looked brilliant) the 5-5 match, AJ v Carillo and the tag team turmoil match were all good, Natalya v Lacey as the first ever Women's match in Saudi was an incredible moment which got a great reaction.

The 'Fiend' is the new Universal champion, that was match of the show for me, it will be interesting to see what happens next as Raw now doesn't have a top title, Bray was drafted to Smackdown, also I wonder who will actually hold the belt? The Fiend or Firefly Funhouse Bray? Or Both?!

Tyson Fury looked pretty good but that wasn't a great match and Lesnar-Velasquez was over in minutes, but overall it was a really good show.

Statement from WWE half an hour ago, 175 WWE personnel including Wrestlers and production crew boarded the same flight which didn't take off for a range of issues some which were mechanical, they were stuck on the tarmac for six hours and arranged a charter flight to take them back to the US however the flight wont arrive in the US until after Smackdown.

WWE also say that the show will go ahead, which will come as no surprise to anyone, and it will feature superstars such as Daniel Bryan, Miz, Carmella, Nikki Cross and Dana Brooke, plus a few 'surprises'.

This is what happens when you book two shows in two different continents 24 hours apart.

So this is a Nexus invasion, only this time it's the full brand rather than 10 rebels... AAWWWEEESOOMEEEEE!! :cheers:... Only this time there's no John Cena who can destroy them lol

Last edited:
It was a great show last night and its no surprise really as WWE always seem to pull it out of the bag when their backs are against the wall.

Loved the whole NXT invasion angle, Cole and Bryan had a superb match and it was easily the best match since Smackdown moved to Fox, Miz and Ciampa had a good match, Lesnar quitting SD and moving to Raw to chase Rey is interesting.

All the WWE staff, production crew and Wrestlers are now safely back in the US.

aS9hoTpm.png

New Japan Pro Wrestling presents Wrestle Kingdom 14
January 4th & 5th from the Tokyo Dome

CARD TO DATE:
Night 1 (1/4/2020)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) (5th reign, 4th defense) v.s Kota Ibushi (2019 G1 Climax winner)

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Jay White (c) (1st reign, 2nd defense) v.s Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Will Ospreay (c) (3rd reign, 3rd defense) v.s Hiromu Takahashi (returning after missing over a year of action owing to a broken neck)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo/Taiji Ishimori) (c) (1st reign both as team/individually) v.s Roppongi 3K (Sho/Yoh)

Eight-man tag team match
Jyushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke and Tiger Mask (with El Samurai) vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Ryusuke Taguchi (with Kuniaki Kobayashi)

NIGHT 2
IWGP Heavyweight Championship v.s IWGP Intercontinental Championship
(winner of Okada/Ibushi v.s White/Naito)

Chris Jericho v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi

Jushin Liger's farewell match, opponent still TBD

It has been reported by Dave Meltzer that WWE are in real bad situation with Saudi Arabia, WWE weren't paid for the previous show there until they were given a 'mysterious' $60 million payment before Crown Jewel, the apparent stand off is the reason why most of the talent and staff were delayed in coming home as they 'weren't allowed to leave', the talent were understandably upset about the whole thing and whilst they were treated well during the delay they felt like hostages.

Vince needs to sort this out, the biggest asset the WWE have is its talent, if they haven't got the talent then they have nothing.

I'm very interested to see what is going to happen tonight on Raw. Will Bray Wyatt appear? Will Lesnar appear? Will we have another invasion?

I know the insasion angle had to be done because of the issues between Saudi Arabia and the WWE, but I think very possitive things can come out of this if booked correctly.

Quite a bit to get through for WWE.

Firstly Raw last night also had a bit of an NXT 'invasion' angle about it but not to the extent of Smackdown because Raw actually had a full roster last night! At the start of the second hour Seth Rollins came out and gave a promo about The Fiend winning the title and talking it to Smackdown and how the last few months have been rough for him and he didn't know where to go next, out came Triple H to try and persuade him to come to NXT, and then out some the Undisputed Era and Triple H said 'your either with us or against us', and then out came The OC and out came more NXT members (I literally had no idea who they were!) and out came some more Raw members and a short brawl happened. Seth backstage demanded a NXT title match with Adam Cole which was the main event and it was a good match and the Undisputed Era got involved plus some more NXT members (this time including Riddle and Keith Lee) and the more Raw members and a bigger brawl happened and that's how Raw went off air.

Three matches made of Survivor Series, two of them are triple threat matches, the first between all three women's champions so it'll be Lynch v Baszler v Bayley and the second is all three tag champions so it'll be Viking Raiders v Fish & O'Reilly v Revival, the third match is a WWE title match between Lesnar and Rey Mysterio, Raw started with Lesnar looking for Rey and causing carnage backstage and putting Dio Maddin through the announce desk until Rey attacked Brock with a steel pipe.

Before the show it was reported that Seth Rollins gave a speech to the locker room to address the problems in Saudi Arabia, apparently it was a bit awkward as Seth wasn't used to being put in that situation, the general morale backstage is quite low and the talent are weary from the travelling, it doesn't help that the European tour starts this week, Smackdown is from Manchester UK.

PPV/SUPERSHOW CARD ROUNDUP TIME, Y'ALL:

Survivor Series
November 24th, from the Allstate Arena is Rosemont, IL

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v.s Rey Mysterio

Champion v. Champion v. Champion
Becky Lynch (RAW Womens) v.s Bayley (SD Womens) v.s Shayna Bazler (NXT)

Champions v. Champions v. Champions
Viking Raiders (RAW Tag) v.s The Revival (SD Tag) v.s The Undisputed (Era) (NXT Tag)

AEW Full Gear
November 9th from the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD

AEW World Championship

If Cody (Rhodes) loses, he cannot challenge for the AEW World Championship "ever again"
Chris Jericho(c) v.s Cody (Rhodes)

AEW World Women's Championship
Riho(c) v.s Emi Sakura

AEW World Tag Team Championship
SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian/Scorpio Sky)(c) v.s Lucha Brothers (Pentagon Jr./Fenix) v.s Private Party (Isiah Kassidy/Marc Quen)

The Young Bucks (Matt/Nick Jackson) v.s Santana/Ortiz

Adam Page v.s PAC

Near-obligatory Non-sanctioned Match
Jon Moxley v.s Kenny Omega

Joey Janela v.s Shawn Spears

Bea Priestly v.s Britt Baker

NXT TakeOver: WarGames
November 23rd, same venue as Survivor Series

WarGames (Men's)

The Undisputed (Era) (Adam Cole/Bobby Fish/ Kyle O'Reilly/Roderick Strong) v.s Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Riddle, Keith Lee, and TBA

WarGames (Women's)
Rhea Ripley, Candice LaRae, Tegan Nox, and Mia Yim v.s Shayna Bazler, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, and TBA

NWA Into The Fire has nothing announced yet but will air December 14th from GPB Studios in Atlanta, GA

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14
Okada/Ibushi, White/Naito, Ospreay/Takahashi, and the eight-man tag where the only team whose members I can identify off-hand are Liger's (and Ryusuke Taguchi) are night one, more matches TBD. Winners of Okada/Ibushi and White/Naito fight on night two for both titles, losers have a match as well. Jushin Liger's last match, Tanahashi/Jericho, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Title match moved to Night 2.

World Tag League runs November 16th to December 8th, not invested much in tracking this because winners will most likely be either the Guerrilas of Destiny or EVIL/SANADA getting their third straight win. Dark horse picks are either Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI or Zack Sabre Jr./(Lord) Taichi.

Would say Suzuki/Archer but Archer's the current US Champion and there's a distinct possibility of Suzuki leaving after WK14. If he does, don't get your hopes up for him to beat the snot out of the WWE Performance Center recruits, All Japan is his most likely landing spot if he doesn't end up calling it a career.

The OC were on NXT last night, they attacked Undisputed Era backstage before the show and then had a six-man tag match with Ciampa, Matt Riddle and Keith Lee, Finn Balor got involved in the match and had an interesting little stand off with AJ Styles.

I'm really digging the set for Full Gear (It's just the right amount of cheese), should be a good show.

EDIT: MJF YOU DINGALING HOW COULD YOU :(

What did you expect, he's better than us and we all know it. :P

I really hope AEW keeps him around for a long time as he is the kind of heel you can build around. Now they just need to bring the rest of The Dynasty over from MLW.

Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega made me wish we latinamericans could have AEW already :(... C'mon Cody, make it happen!!

Raw last night was quite news-worthy regarding Survivor Series, there will be a triple threat match between US champ AJ Styles Intercontinental champ Nakamura and NXT North American champ Roddy Strong (that sounds good!) there will also be a five women triple threat tag team match with five women from Raw Smackdown and NXT, I have no idea how that will work!.

Seth Rollins is captain of team Raw and Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Ricochet and Drew McIntyre makes up the rest of the team, I'm assuming that there will also be a team from Smackdown and NXT as well.

The only person from NXT to appear last night was Shayna Baszler who got involved in the women's tag title match at the start of the show. but NXT UK were represented last night with Imperium of which Walter initially had a match with Rollins until it turned into an eight-man tag match and Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster had a match with Viking Raiders.

Also the Lana/Rusev/Lashley thing plunders on as Lana gave a pretty terrible promo announcing she is pregnant and that Rusev is the father. MAKE IT STOP!!

I have heard a lot of different reports ranging from he has only signed up to a contributor to WWE Backstage to he is back as an in-ring competitor, but either way its amazing to have him back and it was great news to wake up this morning too.

Welcome back CM Punk!!

Guess it’s confirmed for Wednesday that he’s getting a tag title shot.

Betting the match will end in chaos with a disqualification of some sort.

So CM Punk was hired by FOX and not WWE, but WWE did gives its blessing to FOX for hiring CM Punk, its seems he his definitely only going to be on Backstage for now, but who knows where this will go.

Also Jordan Myles has quit WWE, to the surprise to no-one after the way he was treated.

Back