Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,197 comments
At least Drew McIntyre is champion!! Just Heath Slater is lefting to complete the 3MB trifecta!! :lol:

Also, best matches: John Cena vs. The fiend (although Idk who won) and Otis vs. Ziggler, YOU DID IT OTIS!!! :cheers:

I still think the first night was better, but Otis/Ziggler and Edge/Orton were the peak matches for tonight. Congrats to Strowman and McIntyre!

I had the same reaction as Titus after watching the Firefly match :)

I also think the first night was better but last night was still pretty great.

Edge v Orton was great but I felt it went on for too long, it lasted 38.40 and it went on about 10 mins too long for me, but I still enjoyed it and the effort both guys put in and they looked spent at the end. Plus we got to see bits of the Performance Centre we never get to see, I bet the place needed a big deep clean afterwards!

The Funhouse bit was amazing! I was hooked the minute Cena made his entrance and was on the edge of my seat throughout just wondering what was going on! Some of the highlights were Cena bringing back Dr of Thuganomics, Cena portraying NWO Hulk Hogan, the return of the Smackdown fist and Bray channelling his inner Eric Bishoff, plus puppet Vince saying 'that's such good ****!' :lol: , I wouldn't really call it a match as there was such little in ring action so I would call it a segment, but it was a brilliant segment and the production was superb, and I think it resurrects Bray after he was buried by Goldberg.

Delighted for Otis for winning the match and getting the girl, a nice Wrestlemania moment for him. Smackdown women's title match was predictable, NXT women's title was a bit predictable but still a good match and I was impressed by Ripley, the Raw tag title match and Black/Lashley were just standard Raw matches, WWE title match was pretty much the same as the Universal title match with mostly just finishers but I'm so happy for Drew after the journey he has been on and he fully deserves and earnt it, plus the first ever British WWE Champion!

I want to thank WWE for putting on a fantastic show, the effort and dedication from the performers, ring crew, production crew and any other personnel they had was incredible under the circumstances, I wasn't sure about the show going ahead originally and thought it should have been postponed but after seeing both nights I know now why they went ahead.

I don't know where they go from here, like I said before Raw tonight has been taped but after tonight who knows, I've read that what they did last night is pretty much illegal now.

So after McIntyre won the title on Sunday night The Big Show made an appearance and they had an impromptu match for the title, which obviously Drew won, I have no idea why they did that, Big Show does have a new coming out on Netflix so maybe there's that.

Nia Jax made her return on Raw last night, she won her first match back after using Paige's finisher, which Paige said she could use.

So after McIntyre won the title on Sunday night The Big Show made an appearance and they had an impromptu match for the title, which obviously Drew won, I have no idea why they did that, Big Show does have a new coming out on Netflix so maybe there's that.

Nia Jax made her return on Raw last night, she won her first match back after using Paige's finisher, which Paige said she could use.
Think it’s something to do with beating both Big show and Lesnar on the same night. A few superstars have done that.

Have now seen all of Raw and it was quite enjoyable.

Aleister Black and Apollo Crews had a brilliant match and it was the best I have ever seen Crews wrestle, Ricochet and Cedric Alexander look like a promising tag team, they re-capped a lot of Wrestlemania stuff from the Raw side but that was expected.

There were a few NXT talents on the show, Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch were Ricochet and Alexander's opponents, Deonna Purrazzo was Nia Jax's opponent and Seth Rollins squashed an NXT guy pretty quickly but I didn't get the guys name.

I still really don't get the Drew McIntyre/Big Show thing, it was the main event bit of Raw and basically after WM Drew came out for an interview with Sarah Schreiber, Big Show interrupted and brought a ref out with him, he then asked for a title match and Drew said no but the Show slapped Drew so we had a match for the title, it was all Big Show during the match but one Claymore and it was done. Why was this needed?? I don't think beating Brock and Big Show in one night is a big deal and as it was all Big Show during the match it made Drew look weak despite the fact he won, I really don't know what they were trying to achieve here. :confused:

Smackdown looks like will happen on Friday as they advertised it, they also advertised the next PPV which is Money In The Bank on May 10th which seems a bit optimistic right now.

Possible reason for Rhea Ripley dropping the NXT Women's Title owes to her needing to return to Australia to renew her work visa and owing to that small little virus having it's way with the world, it might be a bit before it goes through.

WWE are recording so much stuff in the next week or so at the Performance Centre. The are taping the following shows.

Raw
Smackdown
NXT
205 Live
Main Event

So basically every weekly show they have in the next few weeks will be taped, the talent will stay at a local hotel in Orlando like they have been doing in recent weeks, and the PC will be cleaned often as well.

There is a stay-at-home order in the state of Florida right now, how WWE are getting around it I don't know.

I think they asked for it a whole year ago, and its immediate release as well so they can wrestle for other promotions straight away and not wait 90 days like normal.

I think they asked for it a whole year ago, and its immediate release as well so they can wrestle for other promotions straight away and not wait 90 days like normal.

It sounds great until you realize it will likely be longer than that before anyone is wrestling again. :(

They will likely sign with AEW, have a big feud with the Young Bucks and than quickly fall down the pecking order.

Ronda Rousey hit the headlines today.

She was a guest on Steve-O's podcast and she called the WWE fans ****ing ungrateful and they didn't appreciate her, she also said **** the fans. Also when asked if she would ever come back it would have to be as a part-timer as she was away for over 200 days at one time.

My opinion on this is that its a work and I think she will likely be back soon, I liked her when she was there and she improved a lot.

Other news is that the XFL has folded...again, I don't know the full details but its most likely because of the virus.

So, The Fiend vs Braun Strowman will be a thing :)

Also, next week will be Miz, Jey and Big E for the Tag titles and Tamina vs Banks for a title shot with Bayley.

Last edited:
There will also be MITB qualifying matches next week with Daniel Bryan v Cesaro and Naomi v Dana Brooke.

That's not necessary, the taped shows have been fine.

We are lucky to get any wrestling action at all right now.

"As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance."

Someone thinks a little too highly of themselves :lol:

"As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance."

Someone thinks a little too highly of themselves :lol:
To be fair, just about every corporation in the world is spewing that exact same buzzword bullhockey right now in an attempt to make themselves look more important. It basically translates into "Please don't hate us because we're still making money while you aren't."

Except WWE/Rick Flair has been saying that all along regardless of this pandemic. Did you watch the Last Week Tonight w/ Jon Oliver episode about wrestling? I'm surprised they're putting this much effort now into taking care of their "talent".

Haven't seen all of Raw only the first hour but I heard that Jerry Lawlor had had some backlash after he said Akira Tozawa hit the 'Ramen Noodle Moon-sault'

It is a bit racist...

Have now seen all of Raw and it was pretty good. Looks like it will be Seth Rollins who is the first challenger to Drew McIntyre and his title, Seth attacked Drew after his match with Andrade and hit him with a super kick and two stomps.

Asuka, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax are in the Women's Money In The Bank ladder match after winning their qualifying matches, the men's qualifying matches on Raw are next week and its Murphy v Rey Mysterio, Aleister Black v Austin Theory and Apollo Crews v MVP.

Andrade, Angel Garza, Austin Theory and Zelina Vega are officially a faction, They attacked Akira Tozawa and NXT guy whose name escapes me after their matches with Theory and Garza. There was also a really good tag team match between Viking Raiders and Alexander/Ricochet for which Viking Raiders were victorious and looks like they are next Raw tag team champs Street Profits.

I find the whole situation with WWE still able to produce TV content during the pandemic a bit bemusing, money has definitely changed hands here IMO, WWE has made either a large contribution or a large donation...or both!

WWE went full Trump and released many wrestlers (Drake Maverick, Lio Rush, Sarah Logan, EC3... HEATH SLATER to mention some)!!

Have now seen all of Raw and it was pretty good. Looks like it will be Seth Rollins who is the first challenger to Drew McIntyre and his title, Seth attacked Drew after his match with Andrade and hit him with a super kick and two stomps.

Asuka, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax are in the Women's Money In The Bank ladder match after winning their qualifying matches, the men's qualifying matches on Raw are next week and its Murphy v Rey Mysterio, Aleister Black v Austin Theory and Apollo Crews v MVP.

Andrade, Angel Garza, Austin Theory and Zelina Vega are officially a faction, They attacked Akira Tozawa and NXT guy whose name escapes me after their matches with Theory and Garza. There was also a really good tag team match between Viking Raiders and Alexander/Ricochet for which Viking Raiders were victorious and looks like they are next Raw tag team champs Street Profits.

I find the whole situation with WWE still able to produce TV content during the pandemic a bit bemusing, money has definitely changed hands here IMO, WWE has made either a large contribution or a large donation...or both!

WWE only managed to keep doing shows by being used as a ploy for Linda McMahon to use $18.5 million to try to help the Trump campaign in Florida. The day after that they were included in the essential workers list.

WWE went full Trump and released many wrestlers (Drake Maverick, Lio Rush, Sarah Logan, EC3... HEATH SLATER to mention some)!!
It’s not just on air talent gone. Several producers including Billy Kidman, Fit Finlay and Shane Helms even referees aren’t safe as they’ve released Mike Chioda who had been with the company since the 80s

Full list of talent released today.

Kurt Angle
Curt Hawkins
Zack Ryder
Luke Gallows
Karl Anderson
Rowan
Drake Maverick
EC3
Sarah Logan
Mike Chioda (referee)
Aidan English
Lio Rush
Maria Kannelis
Mike Bennet/Kannelis
Primo
Epico
Rusev
No Way Jose
Deonna Purrazzo
Aleksander Jaksic
Heath Slater
Eric Young

Nine producers were released too.

Billy Kidman
Mike Rotunda
Pat Buck
Fit Finlay
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Shane Helms
Lance Storm

Vince held a conference call this morning that lasted five minutes and he said there were going to be some talent let go, but I don't think any one predicted this, they usually make some cuts after WM anyway but this was a bloodbath!

Out of all the talent let go there are only three that I am not surprised about and that's Heath Slater, EC3 and Eric Young.

So many great talents released, its been a very sad day for Wrestling, and its yet another L for WWE during this pandemic

Last edited:
Full list of talent released today.

Kurt Angle
Curt Hawkins
Zack Ryder
Luke Gallows
Karl Anderson
Rowan
Drake Maverick
EC3
Sarah Logan
Mike Chioda (referee)
Aidan English
Lio Rush
Maria Kannelis
Mike Bennet/Kannelis
Primo
Epico
Rusev
No Way Jose
Deonna Purrazzo
Aleksander Jaksic
Heath Slater
Eric Young

Nine producers were released too.

Billy Kidman
Mike Rotunda
Pat Buck
Fit Finlay
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Shane Helms
Lance Storm

Vince held a conference call this morning that lasted five minutes and he said there were going to be some talent let go, but I don't think any one predicted this, they usually make some cuts after WM anyway but this was a bloodbath!

Out of all the talent let go there are only three that I am not surprised about and that's Heath Slater, EC3 and Eric Young.

So many great talents released, its been a very sad day for Wrestling, and its yet another L for WWE during this pandemic
Here's the scary thought. Most of the talent was just from Raw with a few from NXT. There's potential for this to get more drastic following NXT and/or Smackdown.

I was wondering where Lance was lately.

As much as I hate to see that much talent getting axed... I can't help but appreciate the irony in Mike Rotunda, best known as I.R.S., getting fired on tax day.

Latest Posts

Back