Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
I'm hoping some of the guys will move to AEW, then I'll actually start watching it more. I only saw a small bit of the Moxley vs (not) Jack Swagger.

AEW is already getting dangerously close to "too much talent, not enough ideas" territory, and aside from Angle and maybe Gallows and Anderson I can't think of a lot of folks from the cut list who would really stand out against their current roster.

There were more releases today and they were all NXT talent, the biggest surprise being Taynara Conti's departure.

Tito Sabbatelli, Nick Ogarelli, Cezar Bononi and Mars Wang also released.

We got a tour of the Performance Center now a Tour of the Main building. I’m assuming that’s the same building Lesnar came in one year with Paul Heyman?

Good Smackdown last night, we have new tag champs in the new day after Big E won the triple threat main event, Kofi and Xavier weren't there so they showed videos of them celebrating whilst Big E was celebrating wildly, kissing and caressing the titles.

Dana Brooke and Daniel Bryan have qualified for their respective MITB ladder matches, Tamina did beat Sasha so she will now face Bayley for the title, Braun Strowman v Bray Wyatt Universal title match ahs been made for MITB. Looks like from the on-screen graphic that it'll be funhouse Bray and not The Fiend.

Next week the Women's tag titles are on the line with Alexa and Nikki defending against Carmella and Dana Brooke, and the qualifying matches continue with Lacey Evans v Sasha Banks and Drew Gulak v King Corbin, Corbin attacked Elias again last night.

That corporate match thing is very interesting!

Raw last night.

Drew McIntyre v Seth Rollins for the title has been made for MITB.

I thought the corporate ladder match was a separate match but both MITB ladder matches will be set at Titan Towers with the briefcases suspended on the roof. Aleister Black, Murphy and Apollo Crews all qualified last night and Murphy v Rey Mysterio was a really good match, there are two more spots up for grabs in both ladder matches and they will all be Smackdown superstars.

NXT performers Santana Garrett and India Hartwell were on the show last night, Garrett took on Bianca Belair and Hartwell was just another victim for Shayna Baszler.

Kassius Ohno is another performer who is gone, he was released over the weekend.

Lacey Evans and Baron Corbin have qualified for the women's and men's MITB matches last night, the final qualifiers next week will be Otis v Ziggler and Mandy Rose v Carmella.

The Triple H anniversary thing was quite funny but it dragged on a bit.

If we were to go off of world titles alone, the greatest professional wrestler of all time is clearly Vacant.

For the purposes of this exercise, I am considering the following titles as world titles:

• World Heavyweight Championship (original)
    Reigns: 2x*
    def. Frank Gotch
    def. Jim Londos
    *=3rd reign if you count Deactivated as one of Vacant's gimmicks

• AAA Mega Championship
    Reigns: 2x
    def. Cibernético
    def. El Patrón Alberto

• AWA World Heavyweight Championship
    def. Jerry Lawler
    def. Larry Zybysko

• CMLL World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 5x
    def. Cien Caras
    def. Steele (who would go on to be Val Venis)
    def. Héctor Garza
    def. Máximo
    def. Marco Corleone

• CZW World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 1x
    def. MJF

• ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 1x*
    def. Bobby Lashley
    *=2 additional reigns if Deactivated=Vacant; def. Rhino, def. Ezekiel Jackson

• FIP World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 3x
    def. Davey Richards
    def. Jon Moxley
    def. Rich Swann

• GHC Heavyweight Championship
    def. Jun Akiyama

• Impact World Championship
    Reigns: 5x
    def. Kurt Angle
    def. Rob Van Dam
    def. AJ Styles
    def. Matt Hardy
    def. Alberto El Patrón

• IWGP Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 10x
    def. Antonio Inoki
    def. Tatsumi Fujinami (2x)
    def. Masahiro Chono
    def. Kensuke Sasaki
    def. Kazuyuki Fujita
    def. Shinsuke Nakamura
    def. Bob Sapp
    def. Brock Lesnar
    def. Hiroshi Tanahashi

• NWA World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 9x
    def. Ric Flair (2x)
    def. Shane Douglas
    def. Naoya Ogawa
    def. Steve Corino
    def. Dan Severn
    def. Christian (Cage)
    def. The Sheik
    def. Adam Pearce

• ROH World Championship
    def. Jay Briscoe

• Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 7x
    def. Terry Gordy
    def. Toshiaki Kawada (2x)
    def. Kenta Kobashi
    def. Shinya Hashimoto
    def. Akebono
    def. Suwama

• WCW World Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 12x*
    def. Ric Flair (3x)
    def. The Giant
    def. Sting (2x)
    def. Bret Hart (2x)
    def. Chris Benoit
    def. Sid Vicious (2x)
    def. Vince Russo
    *=13th reign if Unified=Vacant, def. Chris Jericho

• World Heavyweight Championship (WWE)
    Reigns: 6x*
    def. Triple H
    def. Batista
    def. Edge (3x)
    def. The Undertaker
    *=7th reign if Unified=Vacant, def Randy Orton

• World Heavyweight Championship (Zero1)
    def. Akebono

• WWE Championship
    Reigns: 10x*
    def. André the Giant**
    def. Hulk Hogan
    def. Shawn Michaels
    def. Stone Cold
    def. Vince McMahon
    def. John Cena
    def. Batista
    def. Daniel Bryan (2x)
    def. Seth Rollins
    *11th and 12th unrecognized reigns; def. Antonio Inoki, def. CM Punk
    **=can possibly credit Ted DiBiase in this role, as he did technically defend the WWF Title before it was officially vacated back in 1988.

• WWE Universal Championship
    def. Finn Bálor
    def. Roman Reigns

• WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship
    Reigns: 39x
    def. Dory Funk Jr
    def. Carlos Colón (12x)
    def. Hercules Ayala
    def. El Nene
    def. Invader I
    def. Ray González (5x)
    def. Curt Henning
    def. Carly Colón/Carlito (6x)
    def. Vampiro
    def. Abdullah the Butcher
    def. Eddie Colón (2x)
    def. La Amenaza Bryan
    def. Apolo
    def. Razor Ramon
    def. Noriega
    def. BJ
    def. Scott Steiner
    def. Ricky Banderas
In total, I am accrediting Vacant with anywhere between 119 and 126 reigns as a world champion in pro wrestling since his first reign back in 1913. You can accredit him with as many as you want, it's just a silly little thought exercise to see the names of who he'd have beaten for the title if he was a person.

dWdAZpal.png

The face of a true champion.

Last edited:
There is a Twitter parody account called @WWEVacant, in its bio it says he is a former 53-time Champion: having beat the likes of Andre The Giant, Hulk Hogan, HBK, John Cena and Daniel Bryan.

All those wins and not a single successful title defense in his entire career. Sure makes you wonder why they keep putting the guy over time and time again!

Look at his longevity and adaptiblity. A century plus of constant action, changing weight and gender on the fly.

Also, I have found that he successfully defended the WWE Championship at least twice and WWE's World Heavyweight Championship once:
  1. v.s Kane v.s The Undertaker (Judgment Day: In Your House, 10/18/1998) (WWE Championship)
  2. v.s Edge v.s The Undertaker (Judgment Day, 5/18/2008) (WHC)
  3. v.s Daniel Bryan v.s Randy Orton (Battleground, 10/8/2013) (WWE Championship)

Last edited:
Apollo Crews is out of the men's MITB match after suffering a 'knee injury' during his US title match v Andrade last night, he couldn't finish the match and Andrade was declared winner, the injury is of course a work and I have no idea why they decided to pull Apollo from the match after his very recent push. there is also no word on Crews replacement and how it will be decided.

Not a lot else to take from Raw last night, Samoa Joe was back on comms so that was good.

Cain Velasquez has been released from WWE, I genuinely thought he was only there for the one match against Brock.

Otis and Carmella have qualified for their respective MITB ladder matches, Carmella beat Mandy Rose after Sonya Deville got involved and caused a distraction and then attacked Mandy after the match, there will be a last chance gauntlet match on Raw to determine the final place in the men's ladder match, the field in the ladies ladder match is now complete.

Both ladder matches will happen simultaneously at the WWE Headquarters.

Both ladder matches will happen simultaneously at the WWE Headquarters.
If it wasn't for this being WWE, and therefore scripted throughout, this would be a mess. I assume WWE has it choreographed to look spectacular. I would like to see them open RAW with a tour of the interior after the event, while people are trying to work.

Yeah I heard about that, its a shame for the Usos as they have only just been back for a few months.

Another match made for MITB, its a Fatal Four Way tag team match for the Smackdown titles between the current holder the New Day, Miz and Morrison, Lucha House Party and The Forgotten Sons, Forgotten Sons are from NXT and they pinned New Day on Friday night.

Its been reported that Becky Lynch is set to have a role in an upcoming Marvel movie, she also has a role in Showtime's Billions show.

Raw last night was mostly about the gauntlet match, which took up the first 45 minutes of the show.

Started off with Bobby Lashley bulldozing through everyone, he went through Titus O'Neill, Akira Tozawa and Shelton Benjamin in quick succession but we he got to Humberto Carillo he got disqualified for not stopping at five on a five count, he then attacked Carillo but Carillo still managed to beat Austin Theory and Angel Garza and then he got to the final competitor....which was AJ Styles! Yep AJ is back and of course he beat Carillo and is now in the men's MITB match.

Not too much else last night, McIntyre took on Murphy in the main event, there was a great tag team match between Street Profits and the Viking Raiders that I thought was for the titles but it wasn't. Charlotte beat Liv Morgan but Liv looked really good in the match and she has improved a lot lately.

During the show they were counting down the top ten moments from MITB and that includes the ladder matches and cash-ins, When they got to the number one moment it was Seth Rollins cashing in at Wrestlemania 31 during the Reigns/Lesnar title match, Roman Reigns was edited out of the footage and of course it was Seth who pinned Reigns during the match but he was nowhere to be seen, apparently Vince doesn't want Roman to be mentioned on TV, the words 'Covid-19' and 'coronavirus' are also banned.

So there is a WWE PPV tonight, its Money In The Bank and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Jeff Hardy v Cesaro

--------------------------------------------------------

MVP v R-Truth

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
The New Day (c) v Miz & Morrison v The Forgotten Sons v Lucha House Party

Smackdown Women's Championship.
Bayley (c) v Tamina

Universal Championship
Braun Strowman (c) v Bray Wyatt

WWE Championship
Drew McIntyre (c) v Seth Rollins

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax, Asuka, Carmella, Dana Brooke and Lacey Evans

Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
Daniel Bryan, Aleister Black, Rey Mysterio, King Corbin, Otis and AJ Styles.

Both the men's and women's ladder matches will take place at the same time at WWE Headquarters with the briefcases on the roof, they were both recorded this week.

I cant watch the show live as I have work in the morning so I will watch it when I get home.

WWE haven't had the best time of it since Wrestlemaina and the Raw ratings have been the lowest ever lately, although it is mostly their own fault.

I might watch the beginning of it but I also have work at 6am so I won’t be able to finish it until tomorrow. Might watch the ladder match during my 30 min lunch brake.

That was more disappointing than I thought possible. And you can’t just “throw” 2 people off a building without mentioning it, it’s bad storytelling for one and not even acknowledging that it happened removes the impact they would have had. Hell, we didn’t even get a “we’ll keep you posted on their conditions” at the end.

The first half was good. McIntyre/Rollins was probably the highlight of that.

MITB mixed match was... different, but fun. Congrats to Ausuka and OTIS!!!

Back