Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,225 comments
Not a bad show tonight. The Strowman/Miz and Morrison bits were cheesy, but the matches and brawls weren't too bad. I think the Gulak and Styles match was better (and not because Gulak is one of my favorites).

The main event was good, but I'm not too big for Women's matches, it's just me. So, Bayley and Banks are the new Women's Tag Champs (no surprise there).

Last edited:
Here is the card for NXT Takeover: In Your House tonight.

Finn Balor v Damien Priest

Tommaso Ciampa v Karrion Kross

Six-Women Tag Team Match
Candice La Rae, Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez v Mia Yim, Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart

North American Championship
Keith Lee (c) v Johnny Gargano

NXT Women's Championship-Triple Threat Match
Charlotte Flair (c) v Rhea Ripley v Io Shirai

NXT Championship-Backlot Brawl
Adam Cole (c) v Velveteen Dream

Backlot Brawl is a ring in the parking lot surrounded by cars, I don't know why they have done that either.

Just seen the show, couldn't watch it live because of work.

The six-women tag match was a great opener, Lee v Gargano was a great match as expected, Balor v Priest exceeded my expectations and it was the best I've seen Priest wrestle, I didn't like the NXT title match much, I thought it was pretty good but I still don't get why they had to have the cinematic match when a regular match between Cole and Dream wouldn't have been much better and the fact it was on the middle of the card says a lot, Ciampa v Kross was surprising as Kross just dominated, I've never seen Ciampa been thrown around like that before and the fact that they put Kross over on one of NXT biggest stars says how much of a star they expect Kross to be and to be fair he did look impressive (as did Scarlett! :drool:)

The Triple threat for the Women's title was great and it was a great showing from all three, the title change was unexpected, I never really got the hype over Io Shirai but I'm starting to see it now, people have called her the best in the world and I can sort of see why, I liked the ticker tape celebration at the end.

It wasn't the best Takeover but it was still very enjoyable, the nostalgia stuff like the set and the adverts were great as was DX trying to work a computer!.

Another match has been made for Backlash, its a triple threat match for the women's tag titles between new champs Bayley and Sasha, Alexa and Nikki and the Iconics. Bayley and Sasha will be on Raw tonight.

Also on Raw, Christian will return with an edition of the Peep Show with Edge as his guest, I read earlier that the Edge/Orton Backlash match was actually taped before Takeover, they are building that match so heavily as 'the greatest Wrestling match ever' that I bet it will be over in around five minutes!

I feel that they built this match up too much. So many people will be expecting another WM 36 match, but they'll be deeply disappointed if Orton just stomps Edge in a minute.

New Japan Pro Wrestling's gonna start running shows again beginning June 15th, with the New Japan Cup that was originally scheduled for March this year now going on June 16th to July 11th. Openweight format, allowing for both heavyweights and junior heavyweights to get in on the fun. Winner challenges Tetsuya Naito for both the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship at Dominion on July 12th.
New brackets:
43iSHFE.png

Charlotte Flair is way to overexposed right now, she had two matches on Raw last night and has been in the main event of WWE shows for consecutive nights, I don't get what the WWE's obsession of her is, it cant be just her surname.

Apollo Crews will defend his US title at Backlash against Andrade after Andrade won a triple threat match last with Angel Garza and Kevin Owens.

Raw was pretty good last night but nothing special.

WWE made a big change in creative last night, they have consolidated both Raw and Smackdown teams into one and both shows will be lead by Bruce Pritchard. Paul Heyman will remain with the company but in his in-ring role.

I think the big reason for this is Raw taking a bit hit in the ratings for nearly two months posting some of the worst figures in the shows history, and I think its fair to say Smackdown has been the better show lately.

AJ Styles is the new Intercontinental Champion, he beat Daniel Bryan in the tournament final on Smackdown last night, the match was fantastic and they gave a lot of time for it, I don't know how long it went on for but they had four commercial breaks during the match so it was at least 30 minutes, Styles won clean in the middle of the ring with no interference of any kind, its Styles first Intercontinental reign and he is now just a tag title reign away from becoming a grand slam champion.

Not much else from the show, they had a contract signing for the Hardy/Sheamus match at Backlash which included Hardy giving a urine sample in the ring and throwing his 'pee' right in Sheamus face, Sasha and Bayley had a celebration but was gate-crashed by Alexa and Nikki and the Iconics, the main event was a six man tag between Strowman & Heavy Machinery v Miz Morrison and Ziggler.

Matt Riddle makes his Smackdown debut next week.

Here is the card for Backlash tonight.

Kick-Off Show

-------------------------------------------------

United States Championship

Apollo Crews (c) v Andrade

Jeff Hardy v Sheamus

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship-Triple Threat Match
Bayley & Sasha Banks (c) v Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross v The Iconics

Raw Women's Championship
Asuka v Nia Jax

'Greatest Wrestling Match Ever'
Edge v Randy Orton

Universal Championship-2 on 1 Handicap Match
Braun Strowman (c) v The Miz & John Morrison

WWE Championship
Drew McIntyre (c) v Bobby Lashley

A pretty good card, no pre-show match has been announced yet.

I will watch the show live tonight, really intrigued to see what Edge and Orton do!

The Women's tag match was great and a good fun opener. Bayley and Sasha defend the titles against Shotzi Blackheart & Tegan Nox on NXT this week.
Hardy v Sheamus was pretty good but kind of boring and forgettable.
Asuka v Jax was pretty good but the double count-out felt like a waste of time, looks like that feud will continue.
Universal title match was predictable and a by the numbers handicap match.
WWE title match was great but had a terrible finish, it was the best I've seen Lashley in years.
Street Profits and Viking Raiders, I was looking forward to their match but instead they turned it into the weirdest segment I have seen in a long time, what the **** was that all about?!

Then the main event, man that was brilliant! Both Orton and Edge delivered, the storytelling, the selling, the psychology were all superb and the whole production was great as well with the extra camera angles and piped in crowd noise, Howard Finkel doing the announcing was a lovely touch, plus Charles Robinson in the old school ref attire! Match of the year so far for me.

Before the show I read that apparently Edge suffered torn triceps during the match, I didn't look to me that he was injured, we will have to see what happens on Raw tonight.

Didn't watch the full show last night, but I saw the highlights on the YouTube channel. Looked like it was a great show. I'm loving this new heel Orton has.

Raw was bit weird last night, a lot of backstage stuff.

They confirmed the torn triceps for Edge and that he had surgery (they actually confirmed it on Twitter before the show) there was no mention of his recovery time but normally torn triceps is 8 months out, so that obviously very bad news for Edge.

Orton came out at the start of the show all smug and gleeful claiming he was is the greatest wrester ever. Christian then came out and Orton challenged him to a match that would have to be unsanctioned later that night, Christian decided to accept and it was the main event of the show, before the match actually started Ric flair came out and said to Christian that he didn't have to do it, he then low blowed Christian and Orton hit him with punt kick, so they brought back Christian just for that!

there was a tag match between MVP & Lashley and McIntyre & R-Truth and become a match for the WWE title thanks to Truth's big mouth, but they won comfortably (Lashley also told Lana he wanted a divorce) there was also a re-match for the Women's title between Asula and Jax, Asuka won via a roll-up after Jax shoved the ref over.

Also the was more stuff involving Street Profits, The Viking Raiders and the Akira Tozawa and his ninjas which I cant really explain, and the Big Show was involved this time.

It was a strange show.

Big match on NXT next week, its a triple threat match for the north American title between currant champ Keith Lee, Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor, it should be a great match in itself but the winner will go on to face Adam Cole in a champion v champion winner takes all match on July 8th!

Last edited:
Its really exploded in the last 48 hours, its very harrowing to read some of the stories.

NXT UK to have an emergency meeting soon.

Um, Matt Riddle made the move to SmackDown and considering that it was pre-recorded before the allegations against him came out, not really much to do about this.

It was a pretty solid show. I loved the Riddle/Styles match. Shorty G and Mojo was good, too. Glad he's getting a small push (no pun intended).

The ending has me intrigued. I can't wait to see what happens now :)

Well he did say that but we will have to wait and see if its true, if it is then that brilliant Boneyard match is some way to go.

AEW have suspended Sammy Guevara after a clip from 2016 has resurfaced of him 'jokingly' saying he wanted to rape Sasha Banks, he has been suspended until further notice without pay, he will attend sensitivity training and AEW will donate his salary to Women's Center of Jacksonville Florida, Sammy has apologized to Sasha and Sasha has released a statement saying that both she and Sammy have spoken and that they had an open discussion, the statement she put out was pretty impressive!

Raw last night then, I haven't seen all of it only about two thirds.

Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode have been moved to Raw as part of the AJ Styles trade, Dolph quickly challenged Drew to a title match at Extreme Rules which Drew accepted and the match has been made, they do have a bit of history from when Drew made the jump from NXT to the main roster a couple of years ago.

Asuka v Sasha Banks has been made at ER for the Raw women's title after Sasha attacked Asuka last night, Asuka successfully defended the title against Charlotte after Charlotte was attacked by Nia Jax, Charlotte 'hurt' her right shoulder but it is been used as a way to write her off TV for a while whilst she takes a break, there are rumours she wont return until the Royal Rumble.

Akira Tozawa is the new 24/7 title after he pinned R-Truth in a segment involving the ninjas, MVP and Bobby Lashley.

A number of WWE personnel have tested positive for Covid-19, including in ring talent.

Florida is currently a Covid hotspot with 5,500 cases today alone!

Both QT Marshall and Mox will be missing tonight's Dynamite as well due to coming in contact with someone that was positive.

Back