Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
I saw it on Amazon for $20, then 10.80 to post to my country. Is it really worth £22 odd quid?

Well punk vs joe 2 is arguably the greatest match in roh history so I'd say it's worth it

Seeing punk return to wwe in chicago agenst some one that can actually wrestle is worth 40$

True but a lot of people think he may no show

Last edited by a moderator:
Well punk vs joe 2 is arguably the greatest match in roh history so I'd say it's worth it
So torn if I should get it. Maybe next pay day.
True but a lot of people think he may no show

I doubt he'll no show Chicago. It's his home town. They love him, he loves them.

Seeing punk return to wwe in chicago agenst some one that can actually wrestle is worth 40$

Actually listening to his opponent now. Go Fozzy!

I liked Curtis as Michael Mig, something or other which I can't spell. I'd say Jerry Lawler was a big part of the downfall of Michael and Husky Harris. Everytime they were wrestling or doing a promo he was on commentary saying about how they has no charisma. To the casual fan Jerry is the voice of the WWE. When he talks you listen.

As for him capturing the IC title I see they've shot themselves in the foot like they did Ryback. A lack of talent then someone gets injured and you have to rush someone who isn't over into a title shot.

Not interested in CM Punk Vs Chris Jericho? I sure am. I'm a massive Punk fan. Plus a rumour of a new theme song for him. Lars from Rancid said they recorded a new theme for Punk to use at Payback.

As for any other matches, Cena Ryback, don't make me laugh. I don't even know who else is wrestling. Shield vs Hell No? Again? Is the WHC on the line? Please don't give us ADR vs Big E again. I'm tempted to claw my eyes out rather than watch once in a lifetime part 7 of theirs.

McGillicutty.

And Jericho and Punk is one of the other three matches I'm looking forward to. The other two involve the D-Bry, Kane and The Shield.

A new theme? No. I'm too used to Cult of Personality. :lol:

If he no shows then it will give him a lot more heat as a heel and make his return even more interesting. It would be awesome if punks music hits and then lesnar comes out

If he no shows then it will give him a lot more heat as a heel and make his return even more interesting. It would be awesome if punks music hits and then lesnar comes out

I should let you know, double posting is not acceptable here, use the edit function if you want to add more to your previous post.

I liked "This Fire Burns".

I still thing the fire burns is better then cult of personality apparently he will get a new theme at payback
This fire burns IS better than Cult of personality. :P :lol:

TFB is my favourite theme song of all time, but maybe my view is biased because I am a big fan of Killswitch Engage too.

I think he'll be coming back as a face. Get turned on by Heyman at Payback. Perhaps get Heyman out with Axel. Have the ref accidentally taken out, axel stand with a chair infront of Jericho, looking like payback for Smackdown last week then turn and plant CM punk with it. But the delay has the ref notice and DQ Jericho.

So I've decided that I will watch the PPV...but I wont stay up late on Sunday to watch it...ill watch it Monday afternoon instead 👍

Nah ill be alright..

Has anyone watched Smackdown yet? I really want to talk about the main event but if a few haven't seen it then I can use spoiler text.

Nah ill be alright..

Has anyone watched Smackdown yet? I really want to talk about the main event but if a few haven't seen it then I can use spoiler text.

I don't actually watch Smackdown. I do on a very rare occasion but it seems WWE goes out of its way to show Smackdown as the B show. I just read the spoilers online on a Wednesday morning.

Well Ill talk about it anyway...there was a 6 man tag match between the shield and Kane/Bryan/Orton, and the shield lost! its theyre first defeat as a team! (they have lost matches as singles competitors) the crowd and JBL/Cole went ballistic!

Well Ill talk about it anyway...there was a 6 man tag match between the shield and Kane/Bryan/Orton, and the shield lost! its theyre first defeat as a team! (they have lost matches as singles competitors) the crowd and JBL/Cole went ballistic!

Technically it's not. But it's the first Pinfall/Submission defeat.

Super cena beat them 3vs1 whilst injured.

To be fair it's kinda called Sports Entertainment. With WWE putting emphasis on the Entertainment.

With predetermined outcomes, I'd say more like athletic entertainment. The "sport" (competition) aspect is still missing. But, you made a good point about the "entertainment" nomenclature.

Was rather painful watching a legend like the Rock floundering about at Wrestlemania.:indiff: Still does it for me though its the only time I bother with WWE these days nobody quite like the great one..................on the mic that is.:sly:

Was rather painful watching a legend like the Rock floundering about at Wrestlemania.:indiff: Still does it for me though its the only time I bother with WWE these days nobody quite like the great one..................on the mic that is.:sly:

null_zpsf5918bce.png

Couldn't be bothered to type it all out. :lol:

CM Punk is probably the closest guy to rock on the mic. Shame that rocks last run in WWE was all the same catchphrases over and over.

Back before WM 27, when he was announced as guest host I was ecstatic. I watched that promo about 4 times. Yet that was all he did. The boots to asses, finally the rock has come back to (insert town name). Lookie here I got goose pimples! I'm going to try my best to forget Rock vs Cena 1/2 and the year of "promos". I prefer to remember the old rock.

null_zpsf5918bce.png

CM Punk is probably the closest guy to rock on the mic. Shame that rocks last run in WWE was all the same catchphrases over and over.

Back before WM 27, when he was announced as guest host I was ecstatic. I watched that promo about 4 times. Yet that was all he did. The boots to asses, finally the rock has come back to (insert town name). Lookie here I got goose pimples! I'm going to try my best to forget Rock vs Cena 1/2 and the year of "promos". I prefer to remember the old rock.

The UTube stuffs great I still find myself watching the Rock/Hurricane clips............whats up with that!! (Folds arms:lol:)

There was a point during all of Cena's and Rock's promos where you could tell how much Rock was "holding back". The whole thing with the notes on his forearm is just one of the many things that reflected negatively on that whole ordeal, when was the last time he had notes on his forearm? Really?

The promo he cut while he was in Miami (not any of the "via satellite" promos) where he dug into him was great. As far as him and Punk goes, it really could have been better... execution and all.

Finally, all things considered, I think in terms of mic work it would be Punk, Austin and Classic Rock, perhaps even heel Rock.

You'll likely hate me for this but I don't like Steve Austin that much, I couldn't find him entertaining to be honest (His mic skills felt bland and usually the same to me), I did like the attitude era but for Mick Foley, he had so much great matches because he wouldn't give up on the most brutal punishement (in the good way, not the horrible John Cena way) and he always brang entertainment to me in every event he was in, he went through so much punishment and I can happily say he was one of the best 👍.

Now, we have a WWE Title match at Payback which I don't give a 🤬 about. they're treating the World Championship like the ECW Championship back when it was in WWE. They are overselling Raw which I never really liked in the first place since the brand extension (2003, 2004 and 2008 were exceptions). Smackdown feels like WWE Superstars. If there is one thing I can be happy about, it is that Zack Ryder is now a Jobber (I seriously find this guy a talentless wrestler the way he is wrestling).

You'll likely hate me for this but I don't like Steve Austin that much, I couldn't find him entertaining to be honest (His mic skills felt bland and usually the same to me), I did like the attitude era but for Mick Foley, he had so much great matches because he wouldn't give up on the most brutal punishement (in the good way, not the horrible John Cena way) and he always brang entertainment to me in every event he was in, he went through so much punishment and I can happily say he was one of the best 👍.

Now, we have a WWE Title match at Payback which I don't give a 🤬 about. they're treating the World Championship like the ECW Championship back when it was in WWE. They are overselling Raw which I never really liked in the first place since the brand extension (2003, 2004 and 2008 were exceptions). Smackdown feels like WWE Superstars. If there is one thing I can be happy about, it is that Zack Ryder is now a Jobber (I seriously find this guy a talentless wrestler the way he is wrestling).

images

Back