Does Mileage effect tuning and hp?

• Thread starter Spoon Tune
  • 15 comments
In GT3, Yes. I have already expierienced power loss due to putting over 4,000 miles on my workhorse car in GT4, so I would imagine Break in has carried over as well. But the only cars I've purchased and driven so far were used, and thusly, allready broken in. So I cant say for sure on the break in.

I would think it's not really noticed. 2,000 miles to break a car in? That would take to long. And plus by that the car doesn't drive nearly as good as before

you do lose power but it's not massive, and it's not like your car is "wrecked" because of it. and most of them, you can win again anyway

it was something something like 5% powerloss in gt3, it's more in gt4. look for the gt4 thread on this forum called "ride the lightning", someone is researching this right now

What does changing the oil help in the game? And when I played GT3 I saw power increases of up to over 100hp by breaking a car in and never a power loss. If you do lose power this sounds quite alarming :scared:

Super Jamie
it was something something like 5% powerloss in gt3, it's more in gt4. look for the gt4 thread on this forum called "ride the lightning", someone is researching this right now

thanks for leading me to that thread, i tried searching for mileage and powerloss issues but didnt have luck...
i would never have searched for ride the lightning ha

after doing a couple of 24 hours endurances races with my Minolta, it lost about 5o hp's. no more. an oil change took care of the problem. 👍

Unlike GT3 the only way to gain power with cars, at least every car I've driven so far in GT4, is to change the oil. In GT3 yes cars did gain some HP by being broken in. I've run lots of new cars to over two or three hundred miles and have seen no HP gain. In fact around 1000 miles one of my cars has begun to lose power so I guess it's safe to say it isn't going to gain any from break in.

Spoon Tune
do u gain or lose hp from driving cars to much?
and do u unlock a cars full potential by breaking it in?

yes definetely, i did the 24 hours Nurburgring with my Fairlady 350z LM concept which had 825hp and went down to 810hp right after the race was over.

Spoon Tune
did an oil change regain ur lost hp?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and answer for this dude, but I would say that even an oil change can't save you.

Had a Charger with full mods which put out 724 HP. The car is now up around 1300 miles and the horsepower is at 720. Believe me I am very strict about oil changes and the Charger never did an endurance. They just loose power permanently.

Though I haven't tried it yet, I'd like to know if not red lining your car will slow the power loss process down?????

Back