Doing the right thing with NFS: Underground

• Thread starter Motorer1
  • 40 comments
Hey, all, i think we need to do something about the way people are sliding around in underground. Its all e-brake, and that doesn't sit right with me so I am starting a coallition to stop the wannabes right now. Heres the sketch:

The NFSU True Drifters

We do it the right way, we make sure none of our friends do it wrong, and thats all. NEVER hold the e-brake in NFS U and your in. PM me for your number.

rofl rumple you got me!:lol:
and Moterer1. as if you could stop all those people out there. just let it alone. let them do it how they learned to do it.

Who gives a ****?

I use the e-brake to drift in NFSU all the time. It's not even remotely realistic to begin with, so who cares?

-Mark

yeah, it does, but that isnt true drifting. That is why I want peeps to stop using the e-brake and start doing it the right way.

Oh, btw, that link? Caused my computer to freeze, you a-hole.

Originally posted by Motorer1
yeah, it does, but that isnt true drifting.
Ok, give me the definition of TRUE DRIFTING because i have found with the lower powered car, the e-brake is the ONLY WAY you can into into a drift...

well ive seen proffesional drift vids and i DO see them use the e brake to start a drift.. i dont see why theres anything wrong with using it... to them.. u are the drifter wannabe.. (like u alrdy werent)

Uh, what button is for the handbrake anyway? I always (first instinct) try to press space but that does nothing because it's that Nitrous button...:mad:

But yeah, the handbrake helps heaps with the drift challenges...If I could find the damn button.

Ok lets settle this now, a true drift is where u shift the wight of ur car during a turn and as u are turning u still have power going to the rear wheels creating a drift. If you use a hand brake while "drifting" it is not a drift, it's a P-O-W-E-R-S-L-I-D-E there for it is IMPOSIBLE for a front wheel drive car to drift because they never have power going to the rear, they can power slide but not drift, you can try say something different to argue against me but a front will drive is unable to drift due to the fact power is only going to the front. Need For Speed is an arcade game and unrealistic in its physics (sp?) so using the hand brake doesnt matter, no one cares it's an arcade game...realism is not a major factor to EA, making drifting easy for every one is what there aim is so that even the worst people at the game can drift.

If you want to go and truely drift in a game Mr.Motorer1 go try it out in gran turismo, you will find it much much more difficult then need for speed, because the drift physics in NFS are different from it's normal physics allowing you to drift with ease.

Now i hope we don't need to continue this stupid arguement over a game where a drift mode is made to be simple.

Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
If you use a hand brake while "drifting" it is not a drift, it's a P-O-W-E-R-S-L-I-D-E there for it is IMPOSIBLE for a front wheel drive car to drift because they never have power going to the rear, they can power slide but not drift.
eh excuse me? who made you the drift master? Drifting is actauly easier with front wheel drive because the back-end can move freely, you dont necersarly need to have power over steering. so before you come in here trying to differentiate between the two, get a copy of GT3 and learn to drift on that.

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
eh excuse me? who made you the drift master? Drifting is actauly easier with front wheel drive because the back-end can move freely, you dont necersarly need to have power over steering. so before you come in here trying to differentiate between the two, get a copy of GT3 and learn to drift on that.

yeh umm that would be called a power slide, not a drift. I never said anything about being a drift master, just saying what i have read about drifting over the internet, and front wheel drives dont drift they power slide

Back