trophy29ed.png
donkey6lr.png
trophy29ed.png

DONKEY OF THE MONTH AWARDS

________________​

Season 2007 - 2008

August 2007
- David Nugent (Portsmouth)
September 2007 - Vanina Correa (Argentina)
October 2007 - Phil Neville (Everton)
November 2007 - The Blackburn Rovers kitman (Blackburn Rovers)
December 2007 - Nicolas Anelka (Bolton)
January 2008 - Titus Bramble (Wigan)
February 2008 - Martin Taylor (Birmingham City)

________________​

Season 2006 - 2007

Previous Winners:

May 2007 - Jose Mourihno (Chelsea)
April 2007 - Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)
March 2007 - Steve McClaren (England)
February 2007 - Us (GTPlanet)
January 2007 - Michael Ballack (Chelsea)
December 2006 - Lee McCulloch (Wigan)
November 2006 - Joseph Yobo (Everton)
October 2006 - Gary Neville (Manchester United)
September 2006 - Steve Harper (Newcastle United)
August 2006 - Ben Thatcher (Manchester City)

________________​

Season 2005 - 2006

Previous Winners:

WC2006 - Frank Lampard (Chelsea) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd)
May - Boris Johnson (Free)
April - Lomana Lua Lua (Portsmouth)
March - Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan)
February - Alan Smith (Man Utd)
January - Arjen Robben (Chelsea)
December - Michael Essien (Chelsea)
November - Peter Crouch (Liverpool)*
October - Glen Johnson (Chelsea)
September - Jonathon Woodgate (Real Madrid)

What a plank!

Amazing header, and that shove for the red was hilarious!

Perhaps he plans to be a superhero next match :D

[EDIT] Just for competition, I nominate Wayne Rooney. For the sarcastic clap.

OK, so the vote idea is a bit of a non-starter, so I've elected myself judge, jury and executioner here... in other words, if you are really passionate about a nomination, it is up to you to argue your case for (or should that be against?) a player.

My first nomination for October's DOTM Award is....

JONATHON WOODGATE (again)... not content with his disasterous debut for Madrid, he seems determined to prove that he is a Real liability by scoring another own goal. Surely this is the first time ever a player has had a total goal scoring tally for a club of -2 ?? :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4332894.stm

I couldn't believe it when I read the paper this morning. I wonder what odds the bookies would give me for him doing it again!

My vote goes to Liverpool, They show that being champions of europe clearly does not scare many teams since "the best team in europe" couldn't beat Crystal Palace of all teams...

I support Liverpool aswell...

:)

So Chris. Does Woodgate get it again?

Or the Whole ManU team for going to pieces against Boro? :lol:

Woodgate just avoids a double own-goal (unlike his inauspicious start at Real Madrid) and Glen Johnson is October's official Donkey Of The Month... nominations for November are now open :D

I reckon David James. Runing up to the other end in the final minuites, only to swipe at the ball and hit nothing but air, then pass it to an opponent, then stand around for a while before sprinting back to his goal just in time to see the ball go in the back of the net!

DQuaN
I reckon David James. Runing up to the other end in the final minuites, only to swipe at the ball and hit nothing but air, then pass it to an opponent, then stand around for a while before sprinting back to his goal just in time to see the ball go in the back of the net!
:lol: I heard about that last night.... this is going to be tough to beat already :dopey:

I made a mistake actually. Fulham didn't score. But they should have. Perhaps Radzinski should get the award for missing the completley open goal that James left for him!

Are we gonna have a donkey of the season poll in March?

DQuaN
I made a mistake actually. Fulham didn't score. But they should have. Perhaps Radzinski should get the award for missing the completley open goal that James left for him!
There's another contender right there!

DQuaN
Are we gonna have a donkey of the season poll in March?
A capital idea... 👍

I think the orignal choice of Woodgate is still the best, I might post some others later in the month.

Peter Crouch
I put it in big red letters so that you don't miss it, although knowing Peter Crouch, he probably would...

Stuart Pearce for his 'antics' against Blackburn. I know his nickname is "psycho" but he was pushing it a bit running on to the pitch not once but twice. :lol:

Managers probably don't count though.

Peter Crouch has won last months prestigious award, and the Donkey XI is taking shape nicely...

Any nominations for December?

I suggest Essien of Chelsea, for his horror tackle on Hamann

Indeed, that's exactly what I was thinking. Or maybe Morinho, for calling the Liverpool bench a bunch of women because of their protests, and then saying he didn't see it anyway. Or maybe even the Ref for not only missing it, but giving a free kick the other way!

I'll second the Essien nomination, after 2 horror tackles, on Ben Haim and Hamann, and after earlier in the week being banned for 2 games by UEFA, does he do anything to clean up his act? :dunce: Not at all, he elbows an Arsenal player in the face and knocks out a tooth! What a cupid stunt! :lol:

Robben should be in the running for the January Donkey of the Month, for jumping over the barriers when already on a yellow, and getting himself sent off.

Robben is duly noted - although Chelsea have now won two DOTM awards already, so the judges may well go easy on them this month :sly:

Christiano Ronaldo, had almost every single chance Man Utd had in the first half against City, none were even on target. Then in the 2nd half he decides to get sent off.

What an ass..
:lol:

Back