[Don't Clear] [Clear]

• Thread starter brok46n2
  • 37 comments
If some of you have gone through some races more than once, I'm sure you're firmiliar with GT4 sayin' you've already won a Prize Car, and that you can clear the previous stats for that race (from the first time) and race the series again. I know if you hit [Don't Clear], you can just race the series over and over again, and end up winning the same amount of money (I've done this with some of the Special Condition races for quick-easy money), but what happens if you choose [Clear]? When clearing the previous data or stats, does it take away the prize car you earned previously, and pretend as though you never entered the race? If so, you can still win the same prize car right? The reason I ask is because, in GT3 there were some cars I'd get rid of, because I needed the money, and I wasn't able to win them back. Any help with this would be appreciated.

No.
It does not take away ur car nor ur credits. You can race aover and over again and gather 735 identical cars and a huge fortune.

But it takes away completion percentage. If you had 12% and completed a SC event going to 13,2%, when cleared it will return to 12%.

that's how I've been building my credits. I race in the sc races and get all the money and prize car. sell the prize car for 260,000 and do over again.

JBR-Man
No.
It does not take away ur car nor ur credits. You can race aover and over again and gather 735 identical cars and a huge fortune.

But it takes away completion percentage. If you had 12% and completed a SC event going to 13,2%, when cleared it will return to 12%.

But if you win the races/series again, it'll go back up? hrmmm...

brok46n2
…The reason I ask is because, in GT3 there were some cars I'd get rid of, because I needed the money...

Watch out...
It seems that some prize cars have no value in GT4. Means that you sell them and they're gone, but you get no money at all. :scared:

It will tell you how much you will get when you try to sell the car. If there is no value specified it will take the car and you won't get any money for it.

JBR-Man
No.

So if you are at 26% or 51% and take away a couple races can you rewin the cars you get at the 25% and 50 % points?

m3gtr
So if you are at 26% or 51% and take away a couple races can you rewin the cars you get at the 25% and 50 % points?

now that there is a very good question......imagine running a quick race over and getting a % completion prize car as a bonus every time..........hmmmmmm

Swillie.jpg

yes mr apex, the "easy tsukuba" gives you the concept RX-8 which is worth no money and a few other of the simple races so.. lol watchout :P

ps... thats why i do the normal tsukuba, because its easy and you win a 96k car :P

From what I've read in the forums the best way to make quick and easy money is to do the second special condition event and sell the RSC Rally Car you win. With race money and selling the car you make around $265k. But if you really want to make some big mulla ($900k+) you can do that special condition race twice, sell both RSC Rally cars, buy an Audi TT Touring car, give it the stage 4 turbo and enter it in European Events/German Touring Car Cup (its written in german though) in B-Spec mode. Set speed to 5 with the overtake option, put the time scaling on 3x and sit back and relax for the 5 races of that event. You'll get a ton of cash from winning the races and the series and the CLK GTR Race Car can be sold for around 750k on top of that. Just make sure you drive the TT a bit first and give it a good setup and you're good to go. I now use that race to make money and it only takes me about 15-20mins to complete in B-Spec mode.

:dopey:

EDIT: And yeah if you hit CLEAR it wont erase the prize car from your garage if you have it, you'd just win a second one, and a third one and so forth. Only thing you loose are the trophies for the event and the % but that is all re-gained once you finish the races again. Cheers!! :cheers:

by what I've read, it "IS" possible to win back the same car over and over again, even if you hit [Clear]?... Sooo... Clear doesn't really clear anything, except it just takes down your percent completion? Wow, I'm confused

Edit: Thank you nttdemented, I didn't see you had edited your reply, before I posted this.

brok46n2
by what I've read, it "IS" possible to win back the same car over and over again, even if you hit [Clear]?... Sooo... Clear doesn't really clear anything, except it just takes down your percent completion? Wow, I'm confused

Ok I noticed by hitting [Don't Clear], it just allows you to go throught he race and win only the money, and NOT the prize car, so if I hit [Clear], it WONT delete the prize car I had already one, but let me win the money and the prize car again?

It clears the trophies which in turn will remove completion of the race from your percentage. You get to keep the car and whatever money you have won from the race.

If you race it again, you get the trophies (again), %(again), prize money (again), and prize car (again).....

you can choose the keep clearing and re-racing all you want. You will just keep getting the same stuff over and over.

Think of it as a 'race reset'

One thing I forgot to ask. You can win back ANY Prize Car from ANY series/race/champianship/etc? I don't want to get rid of a car, that I wont be able to win back.

In my observation so far, "Don't Clear" only keeps the trophy, so it could be overwritten with the same trophy again. On the other hand, "Clear" really clears the trophy, so you can win a new one. Both options doesn't seem to make any differences regarding the prize money and the prize car acquired.

Okay, but what about A-Spec/B-Spec points? It should be cleared as well when you re-do a race with the option "Clear" right? But what if I chose "Don't Clear"?

i did the second special condition race (rally de ariffi) or what ever on easy, got the prize car. sold it. cleared the first race, re did it. cleared the other one then re did it. I DID NOT get the car again. do i need to clear them both and then do the races again?

all you have to do is go to the second special condition race and win both, get car, sell car, then clear the event again. it will wipe out the trophies that appear next to the race after you complete them. race both races again and you'll get the prize car again. rinse & repeat.

Judging from my experience, any race event that you clear and re-do will be able to win back the prize car and re-sell it, keep it, whipe your ass with it, whatever you wish. Its just a matter of picking a race event that gives you an expensive prize car that you can actually sell. For me I'm sticking to Second Special Condition event and the German Cup for all my money making needs.

brok46n2
RalliArtEvo, so you can win back Prize Cars, from ANY race/series?

Yes any prize from any series/race

Does anyone know if you can rewin the % complete cars with clearing races and rerunning them?

I just finished the Deutche Europe Series race or whatever it's called, and afterwards, you win some Mercedes Bens LM Race Car, anyways, I sold it for 700k+, but when I went to re-enter the series, it didn't ask if I wanted to Clear anything or not. So I was thinkin' "crap, I just got rid of that car, and may not be able to get it back again." Well fear not my friends, I went ahead and raced that championship again, and thank the lord, I won the car back. So if you enter a series race, and it doesn't bring up the "Don't Clear/Clear" window... don't fear, you'll still be able to win the money, and the car back.

If some of you guys read the little blurps given to you when you go to or try to clear or enter a race you would learn a lot. if you clear you will not affect your winning % but you will be able to get the prize car again. License test cars are only given out once, get all silver you get 2 get all gold you get 3. Not trying to be a prick, but pay attention, and don't be afraid to look around on the game to get some answers. Anyhoo, you still get the prize money and you can rewin the prize car by clearing, and you will still be at your last status %. Your winning % is based on your availbility to win, the more you win then lose the better your winning % is. Hope that helps some of you guys out. :sly:

JBR-Man
No.

GT4Addicit
if you clear you will not affect your winning % but you will be able to get the prize car again. License test cars are only given out once, get all silver you get 2 get all gold you get 3. Not trying to be a prick, but pay attention, and don't be afraid to look around on the game to get some answers.

THAT's why I asked. I haven't cleared and checked the percentages to verify whether or not the damn game clears. I was just contributing to the thread by asking a question.

How come i cant seem to find out how to clear the trophies? I must be blind or something. I want to win a few 70 chevellesand superbirds to get different colors and I cant figure out how. Please someone tell me. I have the american version.

Although this has been stated before I will restate it here:

Clearing trophies does not decrease your completion percentage. I am at 100% and I cleared every trophy I could so that I would have some kind of goal to keep trying to win races, and my percentage was still 100%.

Back