Don't Expect Project CARS 3 in 2019: Here's Why That's a Good Thing

Which game comes with more historic tracks? (Other than Grand Prix Legends of course but that's 20 years old).

None. But it's PCs main selling point to me as I don't particularly enjoy the chase camera or physics. I bought the Le Mans pack just for La Sarthe with Maison Blanche, and if they keep adding the classics I'll keep buying.

I don't care how good this game is going to be. Had project cars 1 for a day then took it back. Had 1 track that I drive on in real life. Got project cars 2. It was a little better. At least had long beach and daytona road course. But still hated it. It was still utterly useless to me. Graphics are great, physics are pretty damn good, but without the tracks i need, all that **** doesn't matter. plus, they wont allow mods for the game so I cant pay someone to make the tracks I need. The car is already in the game, so That's no problem. and SMS doesn't even make DLC track packs. So, if Sebring, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, MSR Houston, Barber Motorsports Park, and Carolina Motorsports Park aren't in the next game along with Long Beach, Daytona Road course, Road America and the other IMSA tracks that I drive IRL, I will not be buying this game. I'd rather keep driving GTR2. Yea, the graphics aren't that great, but it has all the tracks I need and honestly, its game play is still just as good as the newer sims...

I hope SMS sees this and thinks about this ****. I'm not just speaking for myself here. but I'm speaking for all the other IMSA drivers that i race with and also the guys in NASA and SCCA and even a few Blancpain drivers that i know. All of them say the exact same thing. That project cars needs more US IMSA tracks. Especially Road Atlanta for the IMSA Petit LeMans Enduro race, and Sebring for the 12 hours of Sebring Enduro race.

I don't care how good this game is going to be. Had project cars 1 for a day then took it back. Had 1 track that I drive on in real life. Got project cars 2. It was a little better. At least had long beach and daytona road course. But still hated it. It was still utterly useless to me. Graphics are great, physics are pretty damn good, but without the tracks i need, all that **** doesn't matter. plus, they wont allow mods for the game so I cant pay someone to make the tracks I need. The car is already in the game, so That's no problem. and SMS doesn't even make DLC track packs. So, if Sebring, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, MSR Houston, Barber Motorsports Park, and Carolina Motorsports Park aren't in the next game along with Long Beach, Daytona Road course, Road America and the other IMSA tracks that I drive IRL, I will not be buying this game. I'd rather keep driving GTR2. Yea, the graphics aren't that great, but it has all the tracks I need and honestly, its game play is still just as good as the newer sims...

I hope SMS sees this and thinks about this ****. I'm not just speaking for myself here. but I'm speaking for all the other IMSA drivers that i race with and also the guys in NASA and SCCA and even a few Blancpain drivers that i know. All of them say the exact same thing. That project cars needs more US IMSA tracks. Especially Road Atlanta for the IMSA Petit LeMans Enduro race, and Sebring for the 12 hours of Sebring Enduro race.

giphy.gif

Brilliant first post. I fell for the bait. :lol:

Not sure. I'm just speaking for the US drivers. There needs to be more US IMSA tracks and the SCCA and NASA leagues are only in the US and Canada.

My point was that those areas are far less represented than the U.S. despite having plenty of tracks, so if anyone should be complaining it’s people from those areas.

Well, at least it gives the game credibility when all these drivers are complaining about is the lack of tracks and cars. :P

It's not even the cars we are complaining about. The cars are great! They still have the IMSA classes. The DPi class can be the LMP2 class, the LMP class can be substituted with the LMP3 class, the GTLM class is the GTE cars, and the GTD class is the GT3. Cars aren't the issue. Those are fine. But I think they should stop coming out with car dlc packs for a little while and start making some track packs. Or, put more tracks in PC3. During the off season (like right now) I like to drive all the tracks in different conditions before the next season. That's the only seat time i get during the off season. Our first race is in January at Daytona in the Rolex 24. That track is there. But what about Barber? That's not. MSR Houston? Nope. Carolina Motorsports Park? Nope. Sebring for the 12 hour race? Nope! Road Atlanta for the 10 hour Motul Petit LeMans race? Nope. Lime Rock Park? You guessed it. Nope. I'm just sticking with GTR2 For now.

My point was that those areas are far less represented than the U.S. despite having plenty of tracks, so if anyone should be complaining it’s people from those areas.

True. PC1 had tracks from Australia and they were awesome. But they aren't in PC2...I think. I don't remember seeing them. And if they aren't, idk why they didn't keep them in there.

And maybe some current gen Supercars, need something other than a 6? year old Ford to drive

And maybe some current gen Supercars, need something other than a 6? year old Ford to drive
Depending which car they modelled, 8 years https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/first-cotf-falcon-back-as-wildcard-mustang/
Randle will pilot a wildcard Tickford Racing entry at this month's OTR SuperSprint at The Bend Motorsport Park, the recent Dunlop Super2 Series race winner driving 23Red Racing's spare chassis.

A race and pole-winner in Supercars and a race-winner in Super2, the chassis has been the vehicle used by several big name drivers for career firsts.

David Reynolds drove the car to his first Supercars race win, Cameron Waters made his first solo Supercars start in it, while Simona De Silvestro, Andre Heimgartner and Richie Stanaway all made their first Supercars Championship race starts aboard the Ford.

The chassis started life as an FG Falcon built by Tickford Racing – then known as Ford Performance Racing – in 2012.

It was actually the first full-spec Car of the Future to hit the racetrack, and was demonstrated alongside the new-generation Holden Commodore and Nissan Altima at the Sydney Telstra 500 at the end of that year,

I think Polyphony Digital win the award for longest running V8 Supercar. The AU Falcon XR8, been in the franchise from 2001 to 2017(when GT Sport debuted)

But I think they should stop coming out with car dlc packs for a little while and start making some track packs. Or, put more tracks in PC3.
They haven't released any DLC or patch since September 2018. So they have stopped coming out with car DLC.

Also, PCARS has the most tracks of any game. Yes, there are some regions which can have better inclusion with Asia being the clearest in my view.

For PCARS: Revolution, of course they'll expand. According to Ian, they wanted Road Atlanta for PCARS2 but had licensing issues.

So “We’re still at the design on paper stage,” says Bell

"It's at least 200% better already. I can't stop playing it" says Bell

Hmm... Looks like someone just got rumbled.

So “We’re still at the design on paper stage,” says Bell

"It's at least 200% better already. I can't stop playing it" says Bell

Hmm... Looks like someone just got rumbled.

No rumbling, it's going to be a board game. Eventually they'll move from paper to card add a few plastic cars (metal in the deluxe) and it's ready for release. The season pass will include packs of cards that you can swap with other players. ;)

Actually I maybe onto a format there. Project Cards. Forget you've read that. :dopey:

Last edited:

Have you considered your dream track pack may no longer ever be achievable in a single game due to licensing deals?

Wow. LOL
Maybe you need to move to Assetto. I have like 750 tracks and I believe all the ones you listed. Cars too.

By the way, PC2 has mods. Let's not get kerfuffled, you don't have to get PC3 if you don't want to.

Back