Dragon Trail 300KM - 2018 Edition - Race Finished!

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten

Race date (lobby opening): November 24, 19:30 CET

Nearly bang-on a year later, it's time for the all-comers-welcome attitude to return to Dragon Trail International Raceway.

A year has now passed since I last got to do a thing in the GT Sport Online Racing section. It's been a year in which the game has grown at an impressive rate, adding both cars and tracks, new and old. The return of familiar faces, and the arrival of welcomed new ones.

It's also been a year in which the eSports aspect of the game has gained traction, with several World Tour events and the as-of-the-time-of-writing on-going FIA GT Championship (..no, I still can't get *that* image out of my head when talking about it, and the addition of Barcelona isn't going to help. Wait, that's an idea for something in the future..) further aiding the 1% in building a name for themselves on the international motorsport scene.

This is where the Dragon Trail 300 Kilometers comes in. An event not backed by any governing body - real or digital - not counting towards any championship - just a single race to remind people of back when there was more to online races than points tables and DR ratings.

With that said, welcome one, welcome all, to Jurassic Park the Dragon Trail 300 KM - 2018 Edition!

A few significant changes have been made to the formula, with the intended effect of boosting user engagement and experience:

No confusing pre-qualifying
If less than 16 people put their hands up to race in this, happy days! Everyone is guaranteed a spot!
If more than 16 people arrive on race day, it's first come, first serve.

No confusing sign-up forms
As it turns out, filling in a Google Form and subsequently keeping up with the thread is difficult. As a result, you will have to make a post in this thread to sign up. More on this later.

Privacy: Public (only people with a PSN ID matching an ID on the entry list will be permitted. If there is a discrepancy, the user may be kicked from the lobby, and reported if continuing to join)

Circuit: Dragon Trail - Seaside
Laps: 58 (totalling 302 kilometers)
Conditions: 18:30 - Fine Weather

Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First (A pseudo-qualifying session will be held in race lobby)
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Tyre Wear: X2
Fuel Depletion: X1
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds (..that should be enough, right?)

Filter by Category: Gr.3
Balance of Performance: On
Tyre Ratings: Racing Hard - Racing Medium
Note: Only full sets may be used - both compounds must be used for at least 3 laps - including in- and out laps.

Ghosting During Race: Off
Ghost Lapped Cars: Off
Flag Rules: On

Penalties:
Some in-game automated penalty systems (shortcut penalty, most notably) will be used for the qualifying session, but turned off again before the race. Any reported incidents will be investigated after the race and time penalties will be added where applicable.

Prohibited Driving Options:
Active Stability Management
Auto-Drive

As GT Sport - as of the time of writing - is still sorely lacking a proper "qualifying" mode, this will be done manually.

At around 19:45 CET (see timer at the top of the OP for comparison), a 10-minute qualifying session will begin. It is vital that you follow my instructions around this time, to ensure the session goes by with minimal issues for everyone. I will not hesitate to take time away from other drivers to deal with people who can't follow simple instructions.

The track will be "reset" at the beginning of the qualifying period, so that people, at the end of it, can send a screenshot of their screen, stating their fastest lap time. This is easily done by using the "Share" functionality. This will be used to set the grid.

If, on the first lap, three or more drivers get disconnected or stuck on the grid, the race will be aborted, and the affected drivers will be asked to leave and re-join the room, but will be starting the race from the back of the grid.

The race will restart once. Should any incidents occur on the restart, they will be considered the digital equivalent to a mechanical error.

Drivers who suffer from a disconnection will be asked not to rejoin the room, in an effort to keep proceedings as stable as possible. If what you're after is the race action, the replay will be made available as soon as possible after the race has ended.

As per last year and the spirit of the event, the only restriction on liveries is that they are kept strictly "Safe For Work". If you doubt whether your livery adheres to that rule, consider it breaking it.

Aside from this, however, there are no limitations. No required number format, no required windshield banner, no required sticker to put on the rear quarter panel of your car. Nothing.

Equal responsibility will be applied to all involved parties, which means that it's about the slower car not being in the way any more than necessary as much as it's about the faster car not trying to force an issue.

In practice, what this means is that if the slower car sees an opportunity to let the faster cars past, be it by pulling off the racing line in a corner or slowing a tad bit on a straight, by all means go for it, and feel free to use your indicators to let them know what's going on (use them according to the rules of the road, i.e. they're a reflection of what you're doing - if you're staying left, indicate left and so on).

If you're in, say, the Suicide Chicane 2.0 or Apricot Hill S-bends, the slower car doesn't have an obligation to move over right away - those are tricky corner combinations at the best of times, and it might be better for all involved to just hang back a bit and wait for the next straight. That's the nature of racing with a wide range of skill levels.

Incidents will be judged based on the rules of racing.

If you happen to be involved in an incident and know full well that you're at fault, you should wait for the affected to regain their track position - and make a pit stop for the necessary repairs. That should cover your basis. If you're the least bit in doubt, see the next bit.

If, come the end of the race, you feel like an incident is worth looking at, I will, of course, have a look at it through my replay. But that can only ever tell so much of the story, hence why I'd also recommend everyone set their Share recordings to an hour, save it when you eventually pit and again at the end. That should cover the entire race, and it'll be a much better representation of how any incident unfolded on your screen.

Using your GTPlanet account, make a new post in this thread, detailing the following:

- GTPlanet name
- PSN/SEN name
- Car no. of choice
- Car model of choice (must be clear enough that there is no doubt in anyone's mind as to what car you'll be using)

An entry could look like this:

rallymorten - rallymorten - #095 - BMW M6 GT3 Walkenhorst '16

..or it could look like this:

rallymorten - rallymorten - #95 - BMW M6

In cases where a manufacturer has only one applicable car, you may also simply state the manufacturer:

rallymorten - rallymorten - #95 - Lamborghini

Sorted by car no.:

AutechSkyline - RazorWolf015 - #3 - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
ConfusedPS4 - ConfusedAtNight - #4 - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
RZQSPEED - razaqa11 - #6 - Subaru WRX Gr.3
whiteusagi - whiteusagi87 - #7 - Mercedes AMG GT3
DaGiBUS - BlueXephos22- #8 - BMW M6 GT3
Freddude - Fred_dude - #11 - BMW M3 GT
Hasse R - DirtenDK - #18 - Mazda Atenza Gr.3
DynamicGT - Waddles13 - #22 - BMW M6 GT3
Tomsoft - Tomsoft - #23 - Audi R8 LMS
Miguelinho - mikey_2412 - #24 - BMW M3 GT
CrazyJohn - CrazyJohnIsHere - #25 - Volkswagen GTI Vision GT Gr.3
Antares26 - The_Noir_Antares - #26 - BMW M6 GT3
buraspo - buraspo - #27 - Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Cobani - Cobani - #28 - Lamborghini Huracan GT3*
Sparkz_360 - Sparks_360 - #31 - TBD
Drex124 - Drex125 - #46 - Mercedes-AMG GT3
WhiteFlight1 - WhiteFlight1 - #52 - Mercedes-AMG GT3
TetsuKobura54 - TetsuKobura54 - #54 - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
WaikeCU - WaikeCU - #55 - Porsche 911 RSR
Earth - GTP_Royalton - #60 - BMW Z4 GT3
TNR_KING_FILO - TNR_FILO - #65 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
damonc84 - damon84c - #84 - BMW M3 GT
rallymorten - rallymorten - #95 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
paoloevans - paoloevans - #186 - Mitsubishi Evo X Gr.3*
epic_apri_39 - MMR_LukeMitchell - #939 - Peugeot RCZ Gr.3

*Race participation unconfirmed

Last edited:
AutechSkyline - RazorWolf015 - #3 (default number of the corvette) - CORVETTE C7 GR.3
* Interested as it falls into a time slot that can work for me (being in Asia, I just hope I don't get stuck on the grid on race day)

5 days later, and two entries in. That's a lot better than I'd expected, to be honest.

Mind you, I could do with at least 13 more.

Count me in :)
buraspo-buraspo-#27-ford gt gr3
I like enduro , i had my own league once , if any pracice just pm me

Last edited:
Can I please request a number change for my Ferrari from #39 to #51.

Thank you. Looking forward to the race. Hopefully a few more sign ups yet!!

Hello, I would like to participate in this endurance race.

PSN: Cobani
Car: Lamborghini Huracán GT3 2015
Nr: 28

Thank you.

EDIT: Okay, just heard that I cannot attend on the 24th. I would however be part of the practice runs if that's okay.

Last edited:
RZQ Enters an Endurance Special for the first time (hopefully no Grid Bugs!)

GTP ID: RZQSPEED
PSN ID: razaqa11
Car Number: 6
Car: Subaru WRX Gr.3

Livery coming soon!

..something's caused the interest to spike all of a sudden. Maybe this is a good start after all.
I saw the thread, and i have some good experiences with racing these one-off enduros - seems to always be good fun! :)

- Also my Norwegian friend (and rival, lol) @WhiteFlight1 was signed up, so that made it easy for me! If you want, i can ask a few friends if they want to race along? :)

..and these two words are precisely what I'm hoping for whenever I do stuff like this.

i can ask a few friends if they want to race along? :)

Given the first-come-first-serve logic I'm using on this one, there can only be too few people on the list, right? It's a boneheaded move to cut it off at 16 people only to have one half of them not bother to actually show up, hence why from the 17th entry onwards it's a first-to-join-the-session free-for-all.

I mean, I'm obviously sort-of grandfathered-in, and I may throw in a similar rule for @Earth and anyone else returning from last years event, but that'd be about it.

..and these two words are precisely what I'm hoping for whenever I do stuff like this.

Given the first-come-first-serve logic I'm using on this one, there can only be too few people on the list, right? It's a boneheaded move to cut it off at 16 people only to have one half of them not bother to actually show up, hence why from the 17th entry onwards it's a first-to-join-the-session free-for-all.

I mean, I'm obviously sort-of grandfathered-in, and I may throw in a similar rule for @Earth and anyone else returning from last years event, but that'd be about it.
Alright - i'll spread the word about the race! :) Det skal nok blive sjovt! ;)

Hi all.

I've got a "Test Day" lobby open if anyone wants to join.

Room ID:
0475-4287-3076-3864-9924

Cheers,

paoloevans

ROOM NOW CLOSED. Thanks to Tomsoft for joining me on track. (Albeit 2.8 seconds quicker than my best time lol!)

Last edited:
I saw the thread, and i have some good experiences with racing these one-off enduros - seems to always be good fun! :)

- Also my Norwegian friend (and rival, lol) @WhiteFlight1 was signed up, so that made it easy for me! If you want, i can ask a few friends if they want to race along? :)

Nice! Rival on a good day, backmarker on a bad day :lol:

..yeah, I would've wanted to join the test yesterday, but a couple of things happened that prevented me from doing that. *Might* put one up myself this evening, most definitely will either this or next weekend at race time.

Unless I've messed something up quite badly, that makes an entry list of 13 people, which is not too shabby when considering the attention levels I usually draw.

It's been ages I've run my Porsche. Time to remove the cover and take it out of the barn! Maybe will make a one off livery for this event!

WaikeCU - WaikeCU - #55 - Porsche 911 RSR

@Hasse R will you do the commentating afterwards? I really enjoy it!

Not sure how competitive this grid is, but it should be fun!

Last edited:
Back