Dragon Trail 300KM - 2018 Edition - Race Finished!

It's been ages I've run my Porsche. Time to remove the cover and take it out of the barn! Maybe will make a one off livery for this event!

WaikeCU - WaikeCU - #55 - Porsche 911 RSR

@Hasse R will you do the commentating afterwards? I really enjoy it!

Not sure how competitive this grid is, but it should be fun!
I could! If @rallymorten is cool with it, then i'd love to do a HTRG broadcast from the race the following day! :)

that crazy Trial Mountain race

Funny you should mention that, I watched through the entirety of that again just the other day. Top quality banter, that one!

Also this means we're officially into first-come-first-serve territory, so that's exciting.

Just looked at the entry list. This is going to be very exciting with a very mixed GT3 grid. So many different manufacturers and cars. Hopefully going to make Porsche proud! ;)

Last edited:
@rallymorten sorry to be a bother. I am struggling in the Ferrari 458 GT3. Would it be possible to change my entry to the Mitsubishi Evo X Gr.3 #186.

If not no worries I will stick with Ferrari if need be. Thanks

paoloevans.

Hi,

Could you add myself and @Freddude to the entry list please? We'll be joining Damon in the M3's. :cheers:

Miguelinho - mikey_2412 - #24 - BMW M3
Freddude - Fred_dude - #11 - BMW M3

For what it's worth, I count 19 people, with 18 of them saying they're good for the race. There should be a reasonable chance of a full room.

I have also just remembered that I've forgotten any notice of what to do if/when lapping/being lapped, what happens in terms of contact, and post-race penalties. I'll put that in the OP and summarise it here for good measure:

I'll be applying equal responsibility to all involved parties, which means that it's about the slower car not being in the way any more than necessary as much as it's about the faster car not trying to force an issue. In practice, what this means is that if the slower car sees an opportunity to let the faster cars past, be it by pulling off the racing line in a corner or slowing a tad bit on a straight, by all means go for it, and feel free to use your indicators to let them know what's going on (use them according to the rules of the road, i.e. they're a reflection of what you're doing - if you're staying left, indicate left and so on). If you're in, say, the Suicide Chicane 2.0 or Apricot Hill S-bends, the slower car doesn't have an obligation to move over right away - those are tricky corner combinations at the best of times, and it might be better for all involved to just hang back a bit and wait for the next straight. That's the nature of racing with a wide range of skill levels.

In case of incidents resulting in contact, see the rules of racing. If you happen to be involved in an incident and know full well that you're at fault, you should wait for the affected to regain their track position - and make a pit stop for the necessary repairs. That should cover your basis. If you're the least bit in doubt, see the next bit.

If, come the end of the race, you feel like an incident is worth looking at, I will, of course, have a look at it through my replay. But that can only ever tell so much of the story, hence why I'd also recommend everyone set their Share recordings to an hour, save it when you eventually pit and again at the end. That should cover the entire race, and it'll be a much better representation of how any incident unfolded on your screen.

For what it's worth, I count 19 people, with 18 of them saying they're good for the race. There should be a reasonable chance of a full room.

Would it be good to have sort of a Bump Day?

All 19 participants (or more) can try and set a fastest time throughout next week. The top 16 by Saturday night/Sunday morning will participate in the race on Sunday.

Would it be good to have sort of a Bump Day?

All 19 participants (or more) can try and set a fastest time throughout next week. The top 16 by Saturday night/Sunday morning will participate in the race on Sunday.

I tried something like that last year.

The short story is that.. it didn't go well. Not at all.

The long story is that only a couple of people bothered to go through with that, and those that didn't argued that because they'd signed up before, they should be given priority come lobby opening, only for barely any of them to bother showing up.

If we suddenly bump to, say, 24 people, then yes, there'd be a point in making some kind of system. Until then, however, I consider this a means of maximising the chances of a full grid.

It is better to have some regular scheduled practice sessions , open lobby for anyone to join ,1 or 2 hours with short race at the end ( imho )
At least 2 in a week

Last edited:
It's always been the plan to have a session this coming weekend, most likely one the weekend after that as well.

The rest of it tends to be a case of whenever-people-decide-people-can-be-bothered, though I usually leave about 24 hours of notice.

With that said, tomorrow at about race time?

It's always been the plan to have a session this coming weekend, most likely one the weekend after that as well.

The rest of it tends to be a case of whenever-people-decide-people-can-be-bothered, though I usually leave about 24 hours of notice.

With that said, tomorrow at about race time?

Ok

Said test lobby is now open:

0475-4286-6487-6383-9556

If none of you have joined within an hour, I'll go back to putting the "old" PD-designed GT500 liveries onto the new cars.

*A* few concerns were brought to my attention after yesterdays test, and I'd like to share them with everyone:

The tyres seem to be a bit more reliable than I'd anticipated. The net result is the concern that the Mediums might be able to double-stint. As such, it's been suggested to up the tyre wear to x2. That way, you should still be able to make a full fuel stint on Mediums - if you take care of them.

A second concern is with regards to fuel usage, and how some cars (but maybe not others) should easily be able to make the race on a single stop. Ideally, I'd have liked the ability to tweak fuel usage to the point where one could only make it in one stop if they did heavy fuel saving, but that'd require being able to set the individual cars fuel consumption. Once again, it's been suggested to up the wear rate to x2, to increase the tactical element.

This is where you lot get to have a say in proceedings because customer satisfaction and all that: should I up the tyre wear? Should I up the fuel usage, and if so, should tyre wear increase proportionally? Or are you fine with it as it is?

Should we decide any of these are worth looking into, we'll run simulations at the test session this Saturday at race time. Be there.

This should go without saying, but do keep in mind that we can't satisfy everyone to the fullest. If you don't get it exactly as you want it, please don't throw a hissy fit.

Last edited:
Since the race is 300 km my opinion is definitely it's best to have it at 1x. That or maybe change the compounds to medium and softs. Just my two kroner

Also having fuel at 1x mitigates a lot of the different fuel consumptions from car to car

An few concerns were brought to my attention after yesterdays test, and I'd like to share them with everyone:

The tyres seem to be a bit more reliable than I'd anticipated. The net result is the concern that the Mediums might be able to double-stint. As such, it's been suggested to up the tyre wear to x2. That way, you should still be able to make a full fuel stint on Mediums - if you take care of them.

A second concern is with regards to fuel usage, and how some cars (but maybe not others) should easily be able to make the race on a single stop. Ideally, I'd have liked the ability to tweak fuel usage to the point where one could only make it in one stop if they did heavy fuel saving, but that'd require being able to set the individual cars fuel consumption. Once again, it's been suggested to up the wear rate to x2, to increase the tactical element.

This is where you lot get to have a say in proceedings because customer satisfaction and all that: should I up the tyre wear? Should I up the fuel usage, and if so, should tyre wear increase proportionally? Or are you fine with it as it is?

Should we decide any of these are worth looking into, we'll run simulations at the test session this Saturday at race time. Be there.

This should go without saying, but do keep in mind that we can't satisfy everyone to the fullest. If you don't get it exactly as you want it, please don't throw a hissy fit.

Its absolutly up to you mate . If you want to put it onvote you may have unexpected result :)
My opinion - more pits more fun

My opinion - more pits more fun

See, that's kind of what I'm going for - to an extend.

Ideally, you'd have a choice between a one-stop with some serious driving-like-your-grandmother or you'd have a two-stop that's basically flat out.

If, when put at x2 tyre wear, we find the Mediums can last just short of half the race, we could do as @WhiteFlight1 suggests and open it up to Softs, so you could either run a Soft-Soft-Medium (or any combination thereof) or Medium-Hard (or, depending on how good the Hards are, maybe a Soft-Hard?) stints and simply amend the rule to require you to use at least two different compounds.

That does bring the balance of the pit stop time versus time gained on track into question, but it's an interesting idea, and I'd still say it fits the spirit of the event.

See, that's kind of what I'm going for - to an extend.

Ideally, you'd have a choice between a one-stop with some serious driving-like-your-grandmother or you'd have a two-stop that's basically flat out.

If, when put at x2 tyre wear, we find the Mediums can last just short of half the race, we could do as @WhiteFlight1 suggests and open it up to Softs, so you could either run a Soft-Soft-Medium (or any combination thereof) or Medium-Hard (or, depending on how good the Hards are, maybe a Soft-Hard?) stints and simply amend the rule to require you to use at least two different compounds.

That does bring the balance of the pit stop time versus time gained on track into question, but it's an interesting idea, and I'd still say it fits the spirit of the event.

Just like Pirelli in F1. Make tires that just falls apart so we have to nurse them as long as we can :lol:

Now on a more serious note. I think a re-fuel during the race should make it more interesting. Tire wise I can't say yet, because I haven't been on track yet. In the past I remembered doing a championship on 2x/2x settings and had to pit for fuel and soft tires multiple times in a 1h endurance race.

Friendly reminder that there will be a test session in some 8 and a half hours or thereabouts, where we shall be testing whether adding adding Softs to the roster or speeding up tyre wear is a good idea.

I'll be trying something different and not immediately boot the half a million randomers who can't read a room title that clearly reads they're not too welcomed. If that means the room's full by the time you get on, send me a message (preferably on PSN) and it'll be weeded out.

Back