Dragon Trail 300KM - 2018 Edition - Race Finished!

DP because analysis from the test session:

Medium tyres are endurable little buggers. I did indeed manage to run out of fuel just before the tyres starting falling off the cliff - that's 40-something laps for a really noticable drop in performance to happen.

With this in mind, I'm pretty much convinced that the tyre wear rate needs to be upped to x2. This would also leave us in the somewhat-desired situation that there is a reasonably safe strategy (2 stops, 2 stints on Medium, 1 stint on Hard) and a more risky, relies-on-tyre-management strategy (that being a 1-stop).

The question now becomes if we should up the fuel consumption rate to x2 as well. Given that one can easily finish the race with only 1 refuelling, I'm thinking that's not an inherently bad idea either. Would add a bit of fuel management into the mix as well.

Just a question: why do you keep your room public ? If you make it friends only you have a more stable connection and less issues to take care of.

why do you keep your room public?

Simple: Fixed Room Ownership. In the event that my internet decides not to play along for whatever reason (which can happen, you know), it doesn't ruin the experience for everyone else. Also it eliminates the need to throw around friend requests that'll inevitably end up collecting dust.

I realise that this is putting quite a lot of trust in the randomers, but people have been able to work around them in the past. Mostly with creative lobby titles.

Any chance to put screenshots of the timetable up here?

Just to show what laptimes are set each test session, because at the moment I don't have a clue how fast everyone is.

Any chance to put screenshots of the timetable up here?

..to be fair, there's not a lot of tables *to* screenshot :lol:

I'll tell you this much, though: if I can get my act together, a mid-high 1:39 is within the reals of possibility on Mediums. If not, I'm at least consistently in 1:40. Do with that as you will.

I'm not too late to sign up, am I?

Nope, you're still in time.

..to be fair, there's not a lot of tables *to* screenshot :lol:
I'll tell you this much, though: if I can get my act together, a mid-high 1:39 is within the reals of possibility on Mediums. If not, I'm at least consistently in 1:40. Do with that as you will.

Well, then it's not necessary! :lol:

I think I should be safe and good to go. I did a 1:37.5 on Softs few days ago.

Probably should ask this now, since I don’t see anything on it in the OP. Is tuning on or off for this race?

Allow me to answer your question with a question:

Is ABS allowed or not?

In case that's somehow a more cryptic riddle than intended, the short version is that if it wasn't allowed, there'd probably be a note about it in the OP.

Would I be too late if I asked to switched cars? Picking the first Gr.3 you get in the game turned out to be a bad, who knew? If possible I'd like to change to the Merc AMG GT GT3. So far I've gotten it down to around the mid to low 39s consistently, a bit better than the consistent mid 41s in Toyota...

GTPlanet name: whiteusagi
PSN/SEN name: whiteusagi87
Car no. of choice: #07
Car model of choice: Mercedes AMG GT3

Question: with no limitations of livery, will I be able to run without even having my car number shown?

Question: with no limitations of livery, will I be able to run without even having my car number shown?

For the sake of authenticity in replay and photos, I'd prefer if you had some form of number on the car. At the end of the day, though, I'm not going to ban people for not following some unnecessarily strict ruleset about how their number has to be at least so and so many pixels wide and exactly this shade of green. There's pedanticism, and then there's that.

In other news, this has now reached 24 people, which means there's a reasonable chance of making a full lobby.. which also means a reasonable chance of someone having to sit it out. If that happens to you, be a good sport, don't lose your 🤬, don't hurl abuse at everyone else and all that other fun stuff you can probably fill in by yourself. That attitude's definitely not going to get you anywhere.

Alternatively, I'd need a volunteer I can trust to host a second race lobby just in case this somehow goes even more viral. Though the best way to make that fair would mean to suddenly add on a pre-qualifying to figure out who goes in what lobby.. if people genuinely want that, I can do it. Assuming, of course, people are capable of keeping up with a thread without having to be tagged constantly.

I do apologise for not advertising this earlier (I blame Spyro), but there be a new test session for anyone interested:

0475-4282-8533-8850-8228

Souh, given that there's now only a handful of days or thereabouts until this is happening, how many of you are still keeping up with this despite not being tagged three times a day? Experience tells me that tends to be an issue, so I'd like to do some form of show-of-hands.

Souh, given that there's now only a handful of days or thereabouts until this is happening, how many of you are still keeping up with this despite not being tagged three times a day? Experience tells me that tends to be an issue, so I'd like to do some form of show-of-hands.
Me ;)

Back