Dragon Trail 300KM - 2018 Edition - Race Finished!

So as it turns out, there are people out there capable of keeping up with threads I make without the need for me to remind them several times a day.

That's a positive surprise.

For any of the North American racers competing in this I will have a prac lobby open in a few minutes.

update: room up, id is 0475-4281-6861-9759-7252

Last edited:
Couldnt find my pace today stll strugling not ti damage my car on this track . Its not going to be an easy drive this saturday .
I want to practice some KTM and then back to Dragon if anyone online.

Ill keep it up for a while, about to go get ready for thanksgiving with the family. But hear where your coming from. I still coming to grips with the M3. 38.3 was the best so far on RS.

edit: just seen RH and RM are the only allowed compounds, in that case a 40.1 is my best on RM

Last edited:
Btw @rallymorten this is the SSE entries for the weekend @Freddude, @Miguelinho, and me

dt300km.jpg

Got some practice done, been a long time since I ran at Seaside, great track for Gr.3. Still torn about tire strategy though, guess it will depend on where I qualify.

*sees others starting to make livery posts*

Eh, why not? Anyone who's been in a practice session with me will have seen it already, but here it is:

Anyone who was there last year will probably think "..but that's exactly the same as you used last year", and it sort of is. It's based on the same family tree of liveries, but I've added a few not-so-subtle references to an ongoing discussion elsewhere in the GTS forums. Sorry but not sorry.

Also, in case people are the least bit confused as to how this is supposed to go down, here be a small timetable. All times CET, but that's also the case for the countdown thingymajig in the OP, so you should be able to work this one out without too much trouble:

19:30 or thereabouts - Lobby opening. I'll give a few minutes of warning so people can ready up.
19:40 - 19:50 - Qualifying. I recommend you don't leave the track beyond this point.
19:50 - Everyone finishes the lap they're currently on and parks up at the first chicane.
19:50 - 20:00 - Short pre-race break.
20:00 - 21:45 - Estimated race time.
21:45 - ??:?? - Post-race banter.

I'll have a voice chat thing running as well, so if anyone wants in on that, now's the time to say so. Preferably you'll also have changed your Sharing and Broadcasts > Audio Sharing Settings > basically all settings to allow your voice to be shared, in case I decide to upload this to the internet.

After not being able to enter the practice lobbies, I've decided to enter the race anyway, since probably my 10 lap Hotlapping session on Medium tyres was enough...

And the livery wasn't created by me, but see you on the track in this!
5980850684721922073_23.jpg

Hopefully I don't lose any concentration from waking up really early...

Since everyone is posting their liveries, here's what mine is based off of. Just using a different plate for today.
7431031759237546001_23.jpg

*sees others starting to make livery posts*

Eh, why not? Anyone who's been in a practice session with me will have seen it already, but here it is:

Anyone who was there last year will probably think "..but that's exactly the same as you used last year", and it sort of is. It's based on the same family tree of liveries, but I've added a few not-so-subtle references to an ongoing discussion elsewhere in the GTS forums. Sorry but not sorry.

Also, in case people are the least bit confused as to how this is supposed to go down, here be a small timetable. All times CET, but that's also the case for the countdown thingymajig in the OP, so you should be able to work this one out without too much trouble:

19:30 or thereabouts - Lobby opening. I'll give a few minutes of warning so people can ready up.
19:40 - 19:50 - Qualifying. I recommend you don't leave the track beyond this point.
19:50 - Everyone finishes the lap they're currently on and parks up at the first chicane.
19:50 - 20:00 - Short pre-race break.
20:00 - 21:45 - Estimated race time.
21:45 - ??:?? - Post-race banter.

I'll have a voice chat thing running as well, so if anyone wants in on that, now's the time to say so. Preferably you'll also have changed your Sharing and Broadcasts > Audio Sharing Settings > basically all settings to allow your voice to be shared, in case I decide to upload this to the internet.

I'm very much up for voice chat! Also i've sent you a friend request :)

Are we talking discord or an in game voice chat?

It'd be the PSN thingymabob. If you have a headset and want to take part, you'll know it when you get the invite.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, the lobby shall be opening in about five minutes. Now's the time to keep on your heels!

The lobby is open:

0475-4282-2544-7545-3508

If you want to get involved with the voice chat, let me know in the room. This will be my last message here until the race is over.

@Freddude i am SO ****ing sorry for that L1 incident. I tried to take it easy and give space, but ended up making a n00b mistake and going to far over the kerb, causing the car to jump and slide in to you. So yeah... Sorry..!

That's the way my race ended unfortunately:

DSC_0060.JPG

I had lots of fun while it lasted tho, was an interesting race and I have no idea if I would have been able to keep my lead with a lot of fast guys on different strategies behind

Just finished my fia race .Luckily it was one of the best in months maybe ... so I suggest racing for 1.5 hours with u guys warmed me up enough to make it this way , so looking forward for some future races , just no need to push them to 3hours or smth. 1.5 is not an easy thing too . 30minutes of pressure is my limit i suppose and another hour is just a survival ,i hope to see u again . Bb for now.

..and thus concludes the racing action of the 2018 Dragon Trail 300KM. A race in which I proved just how important it is to keep somewhat active if you want to not crash and burn on the final lap :lol:

I have received 1 stewards inquiry, regarding @WaikeCU not using both tyre compounds. I'll be looking into that (and any other incidents you feel like should be reported). If nothing else comes up, expect the final results tomorrow.

Speaking of incidents, I'm looking at the incident involving @Tomsoft, myself (and @whiteusagi ?) and my take on it is this:

Tomsoft has just overtaken me coming into the final hairpin. He drifts a tad wide, and I spot an opportunity to undercut. He loses the rear end entirely, and I happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time (which, come to think of it, basically sums up my life). As far as I'm concerned, nobody's done anything decidedly wrong here.

I'm a bit more interested in the part involving whiteusagi, however. Whiteusagi is coming up on a slower Tomsoft fast, and because Tomsoft hasn't made any clear intention to move towards the pit entry at that point, tries to go around him on his right. At this point, Tomsoft *does* start moving to the right, and inevitably, contact happens.

If we were a super duper ultra highly serious somethingorother, this would be where I'd assign a penalty to Tomsoft, but considering the game had him do a full lap with a broken engine, I'd consider that enough karma.

The other incident I want to give quick thoughts on is me vs. @buraspo on lap 16:

Coming into the braking zone at what's actually T2, we're side-by-side. I do back out of it a little bit, but get an awkward bounce off of the kerbs, which sends me into buraspo's rear quarter panel, sending him spinning.

Personally, I'm putting this one down to 70% my fault. Depending on where you measure it, buraspo was indeed fully ahead, and thus I didn't back enough out of it. As I say, however, it depends on where exactly one would measure it, because at the point of impact, I'm about halfway alongside, and as we enter the braking zone, it's a dead heat.

I've been looking through the rules of racing to try and make as informed a decision as possible on this one, hence why I'm coming to the conclusion that it sits somewhere between a racing incident and my fault, tending to the latter, which is why I at least did the honorable thing and waited for him to recover. I'd like to hear what everyone else takes away from this, though. @Drex124 you might still be on for that top 10.

Back