Dragon Trail 300KM - Akashi96 Takes Victory In Dramatic Race

I'll be totally honest and say that, given my track record of hosting events and what I know of the people on the list right now, chances are it's not quite going to come to that point. But yes, if that's the case, that's just bad luck.

Alternatively, if there's enough interest (say, 20 total people put their names down by this Saturday and more than 16 actually show up) and I can find a second host, we can split it in two "groups" based on a pre-qualifying.

I'll be totally honest and say that, given my track record of hosting events and what I know of the people on the list right now, chances are it's not quite going to come to that point.

I would tend to agree with that. If two thirds of those who have signed up actually manage to get their asses to any event I've organised in the past, then I consider that to be a good turnout. However, I'd be seriously fed up if 'just bad luck' was allowed to keep me out of an event I had signed up for over a month before it was due.

I would like to suggest a subtle, but important, amendment. That there be a time set by which the first 16 who signed up must be in the lobby. If they do not arrive by that time, then they forfeit their automatic right of entry, and have to take their chances alongside those who signed up later.

Cheers, Zo.

Welp, alternative plan might just kick into action. I'll get some form of pre-qualifying set up ASAP, and depending on the amount of people completing that (because I'm making that a prerequisite), the field may be split into two groups based on pace. That *does* mean I need someone to host the other group, but I'll leave enough time between the end of pre-qualifying and the race to get that figured out.

Quick one - Do we have to stick to our original car choice or can we switch? I have grown tired of the Citroen GT and have learned to drive other, more enticing machines :D

I'm keeping the window for changing cars open at least until pre-qualifying ends, but you cannot carry over times from one car to another - just keep that in mind.

Right, I think that's the pre-qualifying setup done. Make sure you read it and understand it, 'cause not pre-qualifying = second priority come race day. You have been warned, so if anyone decides to throw a hizzy fit on race day, you've got only yourself to blame.

If there's anything you think needs elaborating on, let me know, sooner rather than later.

I'm withdrawing from this event folks. Since entries 62 and 64 have irritated Rally sufficiently for me not to receive any direct reply to either, I can imagine how high I would be on any priority list. Good luck to those who do take part 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Well, I'm.. sorry? I guess? For trying to cover all bases in case some people decide to in essense do nothing but take up a spot on the entry list? Which I seem to have some extremely 🤬 bad history with, down to only about 20% of the people putting their name down - well knowing when the event is and all - actually bothering to keep up with the thread, nevermind showing up?

Hey i was wondering something. The lobby states Racing Hard/Medium will be used in race, but what tire compound do we use during pre-qualifying? Mediums, or is it different?

In the Porsche supercup Series there has been some issues with qualifying. When starting the race somebody will lag out and wreck half the field or somebody will get stuck in auto drive or some other issue.

You can't just restart the race and keep the qualifying positions as they were. So I suggest after initial qualifying you take a screenshot of the starting grid. This way you know who qualified where in case you need to restart the race using set grid by host option, in the event a restart is needed

..I have no idea why I've left that one unanswered, but yes, any way it gets to me, I'm fine.

I have also got a little something I would like to test out for realsies once the race is over. Anyone following me on GTS or have seen a certain Media entry of mine might have an idea as to what that is. It involves Gr.4, I'll say that much for now.

Last edited:
I too am on controller and.. about as far from an alien as it gets, so don't you worry about not having company back there. Who knows, Battle For Not-Last might commence yet again :lol:

Controller user here too, so your certainly not the only one would imagine it's the opposite. Either way, the battle for not last could be quite fierce :lol:.

I'd just like to raise a toast to @BradESPN - who signed up twice, probably because I'm way too slow at updating the sorted-by-number list - and BANANA_cobra (won't show up when I try to tag them, so I'm guessing they don't have a GTP account yet. You should, really.) - who signed up with the exact same car/number combination as Brad. Again, I can take at least part of the blame.

No idea why I haven't noticed either of those before, but there we are. Well done.

:cheers:

I'd just like to raise a toast to @BradESPN - who signed up twice, probably because I'm way too slow at updating the sorted-by-number list - and BANANA_cobra (won't show up when I try to tag them, so I'm guessing they don't have a GTP account yet. You should, really.) - who signed up with the exact same car/number combination as Brad. Again, I can take at least part of the blame.

No idea why I haven't noticed either of those before, but there we are. Well done.

:cheers:
Cool, thanks! Does that mean I get #24???

Cool, thanks! Does that mean I get #24???

Technically, you did put your name down first, so the burden of making conversation is on our good friend, the banana.

If you two haven't found any other solution before the race, consider it a case of first come, first serve, as in you put your name down first = you get the right of number.

Technically, you did put your name down first, so the burden of making conversation is on our good friend, the banana.

If you two haven't found any other solution before the race, consider it a case of first come, first serve, as in you put your name down first = you get the right of number.
Okay, if dear old banana is passionate about #24, I'll switch to #2.

So, unless I've gotten something catastrophically wrong, that's 7 people having successfully completed the pre-qualifying procedure to get first priority come race day, with a further two possibly still to come. You know who you are, and because of the numbers and general circumstances in the thread right now, that's what's important.

I am going to add a little extra step between qualifying and the race. In canon, we'll pretend it's a warmup lap, because I am going to reward anyone who overtakes during it a time penalty of three years for the actual race, but it's more a sort of test start. It seems GTS is having a few problems with some cars getting stuck on the grid, and as this is super conveniently timed to a matter of days and hours before a patch release, this is probably the best option we've got.

Should you encounter the issue of not being able to move from the grid, restart your PS4 and everything connected to it as soon as you're aware of the issue - don't bother spending time arguing and working yourself up about it in the text chat. From what I'm hearing, it might fix the problem, it might not. The point is you're giving it a shot.

If you're worried about that meaning you'll lose your grid position, don't worry - I'll play around with the host-decides-grid-order thing and work that out for you.

Should the problem remain at the start of the main event, the race will immediately be neutralised (i.e. everyone safely comes to a halt on the track and nobody overtakes or they too will be handed a three year time penalty) and, unless there's reason to believe another method will fix it, we'll either go on without you or cancel the race, depending on how many people are affected. Again, I ask that people take whatever decision is made in that situation as the grownups they hopefully are.

I'll work that whole thing into the OP within the very foreseeable future.

I was going to save the tag-people-and-confirm-entry thing for tomorrow, but seeing as this is probably the most significant post outside of the OP, I'm kicking that process in gear right now:

Sorted in order of race number:

@LegendaryNiNJA
@AudiMan2011
@CrazyJohn
@AndreasR
@DougyMim
Doubleshock104 turns out to not have a GTP profile so that's on you
@HighStakes
@BradESPN
BANANA_cobra also doesn't have a GTP. What, have I got to make that an actual requirement?
@WxJJ
@sheephead99
@BGT2011
@ChristianK87
@Ph1sh
@SurelyTheEnd
@Renrag39
@Earth
@TNR_KING_FILO
@damonc84
@rallymorten (yes, I'm tagging myself for ultra professionalism)
@Michelin Man
@DKfoto

It perhaps bears saying again that if I get less than 16 people confirming their entry (like the post, quote the post, send me a PM on here - whatever floats your boat, really), there *will* only be one lobby, no matter the actual turnout. And, if you haven't pre-qualified, you may be kicked from that to make room for someone who did.

I think that's about all I can really do until we get to the race itself. Unless anyone's got any questions, of course.

Back