Drift Comp.

I am starting a drift competition to see who is the best. USE your own car that you are best on.

START DATE FOR ENTRIES:
FOR ALL SESSIONS ::: 9 - 1 - 07

END DATE FOR ENTRIES:
SESSION 1 ::: 9 - 15- 07

SESSION 2 ::: 9 - 30 - 07

SESSION 3 ::: 10 - 15 - 07

JUDGING WILL BE FINALIZED -- 10 - 16 - 07

RESTRICTIONS: :grumpy:

Car: Road car, no d1gp
Power: 300bhp - 600bhp
Tires: n1,n2,n3 - Sports soft, medium, hard
Aids: on or off ... your choice
Setup: Any parts you want (just keep within power range)

Track:

1st Session - Apricot Hill Raceway
2nd Session - Deep Forest
3rd Session - Tsukbuka (or however you spell it)

RULES:

BEST Entire lap at designated course. This can be your 1st lap or your 51st lap ... doesn't matter.

You will score a 1 - 10 on a drift for each corner (a non-drift corner = 0 points ... better ppl?!)

Player with most points after Session 3 wins.

GOOD LUCK!

The answers are No and I'm not sure.

Slidnsideways. We have a very good comp going on right now, DIGP (that I need to do a lot of judging for :guilty: ) If you want to get another comp started that's fine. But it really should go through myself before going forward.

Thanks.

i dont think you should Allow Aids On, as well This comp rules and regulations are uncivilized.. Judged by lap time? So in this case, I could win against someone who exhibtion drifting slowly with a trueno while i am speed drifting away with a Viper..?

I didnt even know you had to judge it SWIFT ... i thought i just start one to see how many ppl entered their video, and i'd judge it and call someone best ... sorry.

He doesn't have to judge it. But the idea needs to be discussed with Swift before going on with it for several reasons. One would be, who says you have an eye and know what to look for while judging videos? You'r new and no one knows you or if you know how or what it takes to run a competition. It's more work than meets the eye.

plz can u fix it to by points not lap time because it makes no scence and all aids off plz

Please Follow the AUP:
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums

what is "scence" do you mean sense? sense is a shorter word. and takes less time to type. english is an amazing thing, please dont destroy it

Ooooh the irony!!!!
You should take a good long look at your own posts here. :rolleyes:
I was about to issue you a private warning about your Lazy Grammar, but since you've picked on another member over a typo, I'll do it here instead.

You should look closely at that paragraph from the AUP that nk4e posted, specifically the bit about capital letters! Is your shift key broken? No? Then use it once in a while. 👍

"English" has a capital letter at all times.
"Don't" has an apostrophe.
Never begin a sentence with "and".
Always begin a sentence with a capital letter.

Take note and learn from this, or you will receive proper warning or infraction next time. ;)

Never begin a sentence with "and".

Except for stylistic reasons and/or to add an emphasis to an element. Though, techincally, proper English never has a sentence being with a conjunction.

It's just one of those rules thats a bit flexible these days. :sly:

Aaand of course my English is not proper.

Honestly, I do it all the time, even in ESSAYS for English, and not once has it been complained about.

Honestly I was just pointing out that in the English language the "word" "scence" does not exist. I don't want to be attacked for my lack of grammar. I don't use it for a reason. Speed. Plain and simple. If I typed with proper grammar I wouldn't get anything done because of the way I type.
I'm sure we don't want to make this a thread about grammar, because that would be horrible, and I'm so not down for that.

edit: It takes me five minutes to type in proper English, and 5 seconds to type in simplified still correct English. Now I don't know why i'd be attacked for simplified English, when its normally used for everyday talking, I'm sure you don't type in proper Englih all the time when you're talking to people and need to get a point across fast. Do you?

You need to learn how to type then, end of story. I do 80 WPM on average and I have proper grammar and such. "Speed," or rather the claim that it takes too much time to hit a key that doesn't restrict the hand typing the letter, is no excuse. This is not AIM, a cellphone, or 4chan; speed is not as much an issue. Quality, on the other hand, is relevant. Besides, if you are typing so fast that you think capitalizing a letter takes too long, you probably aren't thinking much about what you are posting.

would you like to see me type i type with one hand only for the reason that i dont not have a functional left hand i type without proper capitalization for the reason that when i type to people i cannot keep up with them. if we'd like to fight over the internet over such a stupid thing such as grammar you can go ahead, i would gladly leave the forums. but seeing as i dont want to leave the forums. [theyve helped me out alot] now please dont both me for my lack of grammar. i dont mispell words, i merely do not have the time to type them in proper grammar without being slowed down.

oh and by the way i type around 50 wpm one handed.

post script : i type one handed because of a childhod accident that has left my left hand useless for typing. if you'd like to get angry at me for being crippled go ahead. i have my reasons to type like i do.

Ouch, sorry to hear that man.

I don't get hit with much impact in speed for punctuation, but typing one handed is extremely slow and painful for me. I can understand how hitting shift can be somewhat difficult for you to do and still have decent speed, but... It's not hard to extend a pinky finger to hit shift with to at least capitalize I's and the first word of each sentence in a given situation. At least that much effort would be nice.

Sorry man, but that's how it is. I feel sorry for you, but then I can't if you understand what I'm saying. If you can't take the extra second or so for at least capping two to five letters a sentence (a piece), I can't feel sorry.

Well, I'm glad you feel some moderate sympathy for me. I'm not exactly aiming for any though. I've recieved an infraction, and I shall not attempt to criticize other people worse grammar unless I want to type in full gramar myself. Yes typing one handed is a B%^$h but I have been doing it for quite some time now. This is the first time that I've been told to step up on grammar. Honestly it sucks. Anyways, time to go redo my gt4 file since it got corrupted this morning...

Well, it seems that there is too much drama over the word "Sense". The English Language is very difficult and sometimes just plain easy.
GTxRookie: I wish that I was a mod though you would have to ignore this "competition"

Bergauk: Relax!!! But if people are to follow the rules with out any exception then try to follow it. Because most likely all the members have to know which member has some sort of "special" condition. The only thing that I stress is the spelling at least is 90% Correct. But I usually tend people not to be lazy for the sake of other members who aren't good in the English Language.

I'm sorry if you're unable to type without your other hand bergauk, however, if you're seen to keep posting that way, when clearly with a little more time you're able to post properly, then other people will follow suit. Then, rightly or wrongly we'll have people claiming all sorts of excuses as to why they can't type with capital letters. It's not a precedent we'd like to set here, and since you seem to understand this, hopefully we'll be able to continue properly from here on in.
It's odd that you were able to spend the time to use the shift key to add quotation marks and a question mark to your post though when you were criticising someone elses English.
No-one is angry at you or your disability, but it seemed a little rich for someone to criticise another member's use of English with a post which contained so many violations of the language you claimed they were destroying!

I play racing games very well actually. I'm not missing a whole arm, I have a stub like thing in place of my left hand. I have my left hand, just no fingers, so essentially its a a flat palm. Great for putting on the analog stick.

@nk4e that's hardly appropriate, given the circumstances and the topic of the thread. :grumpy: I'd strongly consider editing your post and moving that to somewhere more appropriate such as the Funny Pic thread. ;)

nk, you're lucky you dont live near me. last person that made fun of my disability got tackled to the ground. =p But yeah, lets get back on topic. Lets get a drift comp going. I'd like to participate in one.

nk, you're lucky you dont live near me. last person that made fun of my disability got tackled to the ground. =p But yeah, lets get back on topic. Lets get a drift comp going. I'd like to participate in one.

Well, I don't believe that this particular member has any interest in starting the competition in the end. I never ment any harm in making fun of anyone or anything. It just reminded me of it, hence why I took it off when I was asked to and shall I never post it unless it is appropriate and this thread was revived since September of 02 from yesterday. I am sorry if I harmed anyone by the comic. If you do have an Idea for a Drift Comp. Please send a PM to Swift with your Idea and he will discuss it with you.

Back