Drift Competition Week 59! - 'Threading The Needle' - CLOSED.

• Thread starter GM
  • 80 comments

GM

George0393 + GTP_GM

GT4 Drift Photomode Competition Week 59

Welcome to the Drift Photomode Competition Week 59!

Judge - Swift.

Photoshop or other picture editing programs may not be used in any way to alter or change how the picture looks, this includes NO RESIZING.
You must post your entry in a thumbnail form, a preview may be added, but must not exeed 400x300 pixels.
Please do not ask other members to choose your entry for you.
The judge will pick the top 10 images for the poll and will pick the theme for the following week.
The judges decisions are final.
You may change your final entry once, but please state if you do so.

'threading the needle'.
The car must be drifting through a 90 degrees turn.

Any FR/MR or RR.

Basically, drifting through any 90 degree chicane like at the end of Seattle circuit. There are a good amount in Hong Kong, Paris and New York as well.

Need help, feel free to send me a Private Message.

September 20th - 6:00 AM London UK Time​

I'll give it a shot. :)

Ok, I changed the picture. The car is the JGTC Subaru Impreza, which is FR. The track is Hong Kong. Hopefully it meets the requirements.

Final:

HMs:

So sorry, Nos, I forgot to add the last part of the theme, read it again, I know it isn't your fault.

ARGH! I WAS ALREADY ON THE REPLY SCREEN AT 5.26!

thats harsh!

sorry, ill get another

thats a split second thing, i do have one of an evo4 going into a drift, but the evo4 is 4wd and the track it was on was tskuba circuit, i'll have a go anyway :D
by backfire do yo u mean flames, if you do how do you get them?

thats a split second thing, i do have one of an evo4 going into a drift, but the evo4 is 4wd and the track it was on was tskuba circuit, i'll have a go anyway :D

Granted, it's going to take some timing with the shot. But the freeze frame with GT4 is pretty instant. The trick is going to be downshifting during your drift to get good backfire shots. ;)

i've had a first run, i missed over 7 backfirs by less THAN A SECOND!

I AM NOT AMUSED

CCX
i've had a first run, i missed over 7 backfirs by less THAN A SECOND!

I AM NOT AMUSED

Well, keep at it. If you had 7 during one drift and you couldn't get one in a shot, just do the replay again.

what the ******* H***!!!! i just changed my entry again and now its wrong AGAIN!!!!! george can you PM me when the theme is finaly settled so i don't keep wasting my time!!! :banghead:

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: it took me ages to get that shot, oh well new challenge then, in future i think that the judge should post several different themes, then get everyone to vote for the best theme.

heres my nissan 350Z convertible and my f150 pickup truck. my last attempt at this so here it goes! :sly:
final picture:

honourable mention:

let me know if you think i should switch the final pic with the first honourable mention!! :sly:

Back