Drift Photo Competition: Week 1

United States
MN
JFRESH651
Welcome to the first week of my little competition. It's fairly simple, take a picture in photomode involving a drift, transfer it to your computer, host it, then post it. This week will be using a vote to decide on the winner. Next week we will try using a panel of judges and see how that turns out. So, here are the rules.

Course: Tsukuba Circuit.

Car limitations: None as of yet unless enough people say there should be. I for one think that we should only have a limit on the circuit.

Deadline: Tuesday, March 8th.

Start your engines. 👍

And please remember, this is to judge the dramatic quality of the photo involving a drift, not to judge the drift itself.

Excellent, How about a deadline for submission drifterboy77?

Ack. Thanks Swift for bringing that up. How about next Monday or Tuesday, to give everyone a week, or if everyone is able to get their pictures within 3-5 days we can do it that way too.

Well here is my Final Entry. You guys don't mind if I enter, if i'm running this right?

getfile.asp

Also everyone if you could please post Final Entry in your post so I know for sure thats the picture you're using.

Check my sig. Searching for my final pic now. I'll edit it in in a sec. 👍

crap, lemme repost that...my pic isn't from Tsukuba, lol!

sure why not:

[sorry, realized it was, infact, not from Tsukuba]

I'll edit this when i have one I want to submit

I think a car limit wouldnt be a bad idea in the future. It would prevent people from trying to take the competition based on the beauty of the car alone, as opposed to the picture quality and emotion. However for now, i think imposing such a limit would significantly limit entries as people may not have the budget to warrant spending Cr on such a car on a weekly basis.

TankSpanker
sure why not:

[sorry, realized it was, infact, not from Tsukuba]

I'll edit this when i have one I want to submit

I think a car limit wouldnt be a bad idea in the future. It would prevent people from trying to take the competition based on the beauty of the car alone, as opposed to the picture quality and emotion. However for now, i think imposing such a limit would significantly limit entries as people may not have the budget to warrant spending Cr on such a car on a weekly basis.
on a weekly basis... i mean we wouldnt be doing like bmw lemans car or something.... how hard is it to make a few grand for a car and some tires...

i got like 15 cars i outright bought and fully tuned... and like 5 of them just for drifting, slides, etc. :)

entry to follow shortly.

Shouldn't we all be using the same car?
I think that there would be some prejudice against certain makes of cars.

MdnIte
Shouldn't we all be using the same car?
I think that there would be some prejudice against certain makes of cars.
To my understanding in this and every other comp. of Drift .... the makes of cars will not matter it is the shot of the car and how it looks is what matters. The ugliest car can pull off the best drift. I.E. the trueno has one many comps. in real life and its a ugly lil thing (not in my eyes though i love that car)... Make and model should not matter. The beauty of the drift.
If i get good enough at it i'll post a pic up :)

G.Boss
Who would of guessed ANYONE would drift in an f1 car. HAHA 👍 FINAL SUBMISSION

Image removed to save space
This is exactly what TankSpanker was talking about earlier. We need to at least limit the class of cars.

Also, use the thumbnail option please! If everyone puts their pic directly in the thread it'll be rather chaotic. Thanks!

lowviscosity
To my understanding in this and every other comp. of Drift .... the makes of cars will not matter it is the shot of the car and how it looks is what matters. The ugliest car can pull off the best drift. I.E. the trueno has one many comps. in real life and its a ugly lil thing (not in my eyes though i love that car)... Make and model should not matter. The beauty of the drift.

I know what your getting at, but since this week it is voting, many people just wonder in and look at a car and vote for it. People that are educated in photography/drifting will know what to look for. The general public will usually look at a car. 💡

No, we should not limit the cars becausecars can add drama. For instance mine, F1 DRIFT, what more needs to be said about the drama. And when a white trueno with a black hood drifts, it looks amazing. Read the rules, not only the drift counts, but the who image and visual impact. The car in it can have great impacts on people. If I see an STi drifting, i get happy because my dad had one but we sold it because we're buying a house. But nevermind that, it's the aesthetics of the pictures that count.

G.Boss
No, we should not limit the cars becausecars can add drama. For instance mine, F1 DRIFT, what more needs to be said about the drama. And when a white trueno with a black hood drifts, it looks amazing. Read the rules, not only the drift counts, but the who image and visual impact. The car in it can have great impacts on people. If I see an STi drifting, i get happy because my dad had one but we sold it because we're buying a house. But nevermind that, it's the aesthetics of the pictures that count.
IMG0001.jpg

lowviscosity
Amen to that. I remember my first run-in with an 86 in GT1. I was like, "Eww...", then I was like, "Wheee!"

Hence why I decided my first entry would be a birthyear Levin. I was born in '83, and I always liked the solid headlamps to the flip-ups of a Trueno. Plus, red/black helps differentiate me from the Takumi/Itsuki fanbase. I love ID and all, but I like to set my 86 apart from the ones in the series. The red Levin also gives that cool, "budget drift" feel. :embarrassed:

This is definitely my favorite car to drift next to my FDRZ. Another big part is that I didn't want the "prettiness" of my car to overshadow the drama of the drift. IE, red/black Levin. 👍

I'm an artist first, a tuner/drifter second.

Back