Drift Photo Tournament. Entries Closed. Winners Announced!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized
DPT Drift Photo Tournament Round 1

EDIT - After many discussions Entries for the first two rounds will be posted in the thread. Could each person put FINAL ENTRY above there entry and it may not be changed! Once we re down to 8 people all photos will be pm'd to me and people are not to know whos photos are whos. Check back here regularly for possible updated

Well the DPT is finally here. Within this post will be all the links to the relevent details with regards to this event. So without further wait........GO!!!

There are 4 Places open so if you can get a photo on here before the deadline then PM me and i will count you in.

WEEK 1 or go to POST 12

WEEK 1 Photo Requirements as given by Judge Greycap!
Track: Any
Car: Any American Car
Theme: Only allowed to drift between Berqwerk & Galgenkopf on the Nurburgring. See photo below

Deadline: saturday 29th October 9am GMT
This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting.

NO PHOTOCHOPPED IMAGES - No Photoshop to be used at all. If I or any of the judges suspect photochopping then we reserve the right to request a “hard” copy of the image via email for inspection. You must upload an untouched image straight from your memory stick. I advise you to use brightness EV 0.6– 1.0 when in Photomode to make sure your pictures are not too dark (this can influence the judge’s decision). For more help on this checkout DRT2RM’s excellent Photomodetutorial

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Rules & Itinery

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by myself, venomGT4, Delphic Reason, DRIFTIN and Greycap. All Confirmed!
Each Round will last 1 week.
Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.
We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.
We’ll then post up the requirements.
Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.
We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor. Each judge gets one vote and if a tie occurs I cast the deciding vote
The winner will advance to the next round.
Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.
The finals will be decided on a best of 3 drift sessions.
At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned.
The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.
As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

week 1 monday = 32 people battle against each other on a head to head basis. (16 groups of 2)

week 1 saturday = deadline, all photos should be in, if anybody fails to present a photo they are disqualified and there opponent goes through automatically. the photos are sent to all the judges who then each choose there own favorite, there will be four judges and if a tie occurs i will have the deciding vote.

week 1 sunday = The winners are announced along with there opponents for the next week.

Week 2 monday = the criteria is set and the 16 people now battle again (8 groups of 2)

week 2 saturday = deadline (as above)

week 2 sunday = as above

Week 3 monday = 8 people remain (four groups of 2), criteria set again (as above)

week 3 saturday = deadline (as above)

week 3 sunday = as above

week 4 monday = Semi finals = four people remain = in this week all four people battle against each other - but have to produce 2 photos, then the judges will mark each photo out of 40-

10 points for Angle
10 points for Creativity
10 points for Smoke
10 points for Overall Look of the shot

week 4 saturday - the judges judge

week 4 sunday - Finalists Announced - The the two people who score the most out of 80 go through to the Final

week 5 - The Final – Monday - I personally will set the Regulations, they will be very precise and will be set to try and really push for good photos. Each Finalist will have to produce 3 photos!

Week 5 Sunday – The Finalists PM me links to there photos so nobody knows whos photos are whos! Not even the judges will know!

Week 6 Monday – 3 polls are made and GTP members are encouraged to vote for one photo in each poll, the person with the most votes at the end of all three polls wins.

Week 6 Sunday - The winner Is announced.

EDIT - PLEASE NOTE I AM CHANGING THE TIME IN WICH REQUIREMENTS GO UP, THEY WILL BE POSTED SOME TIME EACH SUNDAY AFTER THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED TO GIVE EVERYBODY A LITTLE MORE TIME.

Enter by posting here and saying “(your name here) Entry”, e/g. ViXeN Entry or KaiZen Entry

The list below are the 28 people who have entered. There will be a limit of 32 people per Tournament so there are only 4 places left. These places are on a first come first served basis and if anybody from the list below would like to withdraw then please post and pm me so I can make the spaces available!

Hiroke
LandoAWD
nos2
Mouser1286
Spykerdriver
CoolGeekz
ekmatt9
sykes
BrykeSpike0086
kiukiu
Speedy_samurai
Toronado
One_More_Time
MaVeN NZ
Boomboy
pop-n-fresh
Rob”Drift”L
Drift-Kid
Lgforce
eSPy
GTFRENZY
monteclaro
Ajrik
xoxJunkyxox
FC3S-D
VR6GTI72
suzq044
CM

Good luck to all entrants and I hope this works out as well as we all want it to!

Job offer

High Position - Judge

Pay - Err send you bill to somebody else just not me!

Hours - Very short, needed once maybe twice a week

Responsibilities - Judge Photos and give honest opinions

Pros - You can decide the fate of people entering the DPT

Cons - You cannot enter the DPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back