Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized

Drift Photo Tournament - Week 2

Requirements chosen by :: DRIFTN (AKA THE STUD) :sly:

Car Type:: Production cars only priced between 90,000 and 200,000 credits

Track:: Any Track

Theme - (If Given):: "Looking On"

Note - Shots must have spectators in them but please refraim from taking shots where large stands of people are (large stand = Main straight on Grand Valley etc)

EXTRA NOTE - A bonus 2 points will be awarded to each person who manages to get a spectator taking a photo of your car either with the camera to his face or a camera flash. 2 points may not sound much but the tournament is quite competetitive and judging by previous tournaments 2 points is enough to take you from last to first!

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

RULES & ITINERY

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by (in alphabetical order) DRIFTIN, Greycap, Specialized and Swift

Each Round will last 1 week.

Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.

We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.

We’ll then post up the requirements.

Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.

We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor.

If a tie occurs Specialized will cast the deciding vote

The winner will advance to the next round.

Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.

The finals will be decided on a best of 3 photos basis

At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned. The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.

As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

Requirements will be posted on each Thurdsay.

Photos must be in on the Tuesday

Results SHOULD be posted on each Wednesday

Judging will based on

10 points for Angle
10 points for Creativity
10 points for Smoke
10 points for Overall Look of the shot

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO EDITED IMAGES AT ALL - Please upload an UNTOUCHED image straight from your memory stick

PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN FROM GT4

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please if you wish (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

Here are the new opponents listing.

Brainscran - Vonie

Fireemblem62 - identti

Angleprovidence - one-more-time

Coolgeeks - lgforce

Rev - thatman

joseph2435 - trinityjayone

brykespike0086 - monteclaro

fc3s-d - diego440

Good Luck!

Spent a good part of today making shots, and here's the end result. Damn, I was very lucky with this shot, managing to time the backfire, brake lights, drift and two photographers taking a picture! Actually, it was all pure luck :D

Final Entry

Preview

I've only just realized you can't really tell if the car is drfting or not from this angle. Well, this is a straight, entering a curve. I have a shot from the front (see thumb) if you need corroboration. Note: this additional thumb is touched in Photoshop... reduced to 800x600 :D

hehe, thanks for the added comment next to my name ben. 👍

I hope you guys enjoy the requirements, they are a little bit of a challenge.. but it also gives you an option to be really creative, let your minds run wild.

Good luck!

Good luck guys! This is getting very good.

G'luck diego. I'm a big noob @ cars...cuz i'm like..only into japanese drift cars or race cars... lol, could anone list production car brands...or what a production car is?

Production car = not a race car or a "tuner car". Pretty much everything that you can buy straight from the dealer and that doesn't have stickers on it is a production car. :)

Greycap
Production car = not a race car or a "tuner car". Pretty much everything that you can buy straight from the dealer and that doesn't have stickers on it is a production car. :)

and that costs between 90.000 and 200.000 credits, doesn't matter if it's new or used. I'm compiling a list of them, by the way.

Thanks FC3S-D! This theme is quite challenging, so I'll probably look into another picture. Good luck anyhowz!

EDIT: Here's the list. I believe these are all the cars between 90.000 and 200.000 credits, not including race/tuner cars.

- Acura NSX '04
- Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
- Audi Quattro '82
- Audi RS6 '02
- Audi RS6 Avant '02
- BMW M3 CSL '03
- BMW M5 '05
- Callaway C12 '03
- Ford GT '05
- Honda NSX '01
- Honda NSX Type R '02
- Honda NSX Type S '01
- Jaguar S-Type R '02
- Jaguar XKR R-Performance '02
- Lancia Stratos '73
- Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
- Lotus Esprit V8 '02
- Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
- Mercedes Benz CL600 '00
- Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG '00
- Mercedes Benz E55 AMG '02
- Mercedes Benz SL500 '02
- Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG '02
- Mercedes Benz SL600 (R129) '98
- Mercedes Benz SL600 (R230) '04
- Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) '04
- RUF BTR '86
- RUF RGT '00
- Shelby Series 1 Supercharged '03
- Toyota 2000GT '67
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
- Volkswagen Beetle RSi '00

Thanks for the list Diego.

brain scran
Woot, First Post!

ooooo, tough one!
and for my trouble's i'm against Vonie :crazy:

Good Luck All!

Place Holder.

Good Luck to you, too!

Uh oh, up against last week's highest scorer, hehe. I'm a bit confused about the bonus points bit, do you mean that we get points if there's someone in the crowd taking a picture?

TrinityJayOne
Uh oh, up against last week's highest scorer, hehe. I'm a bit confused about the bonus points bit, do you mean that we get points if there's someone in the crowd taking a picture?

Clarification: You guys are miss-understanding the requirments. I do not want you guys to drift past a massive crowd of poeple and take a shot.

I want singular spectators standing on the side of the road in the picture. (refer to the banner at the top of the page as an example of what i want)

Bonus Points: If the spectator is holding a camera to his face, OR if the spectator is taking a picture (meaning there is a flash).

Does that help you understand whats going on?

DRIFTN
Clarification: You guys are miss-understanding the requirments. I do not want you guys to drift past a massive crowd of poeple and take a shot.

I want singular spectators standing on the side of the road in the picture. (refer to the banner at the top of the page as an example of what i want)

Bonus Points: If the spectator is holding a camera to his face, OR if the spectator is taking a picture (meaning there is a flash).

Hate to admit it, but this is correct.

DRIFTN

I think BrykeSpike0086's shot isn't valid then. Then again, is mine valid?

I'm only asking right now since there's few pics posted.

Diego440
I think BrykeSpike0086's shot isn't valid then. Then again, is mine valid?

I'm only asking right now since there's few pics posted.

You are 100% correct, BrykeSpike0086's is invalid... to be honest, i dont even see a spectator at all. Sorry.

And Diego440 your's is techincally valid, but more suited to the theme, marks would be deducted during marking, since singluar spectators are not included in the photo. Sorry.

And HiyakuShiro your picture is an example of what we want. Thanks

HiyakuShiro
Ok, why would you use the same shot as me?

Edit:Can anyone see a difference in the shot besides the cars??

hey sorry hiyakuShiro i couldnt find a picture with all the criteria for a good photo that included a spectator taking a photo, if its not allowed specialized then i will change it, sorry for the inconveniance....:guilty:

Hes right...

theres not many drift corners with spectators...unless you do a Manji like Diego, you have to look hard or drift at Opera PAris which is tricky, or those 2 Italian 'touges'

Both of you need to read the rules again (sepctators, as in plural) just not crowds or grandstands,I don't have anyproblem with it MonteClaro I just think your selling your self short by posting the same picture that's all.

Thanks a lot, HiyakuShiro... although I must admit at first I wasn't very enthusiastic about the theme... I just looked for weird and different places to shoot the pic, especially since the photographers are in so limited spots on this track. I ended up with something like 30 shots where the drift was okay but the photographer was looking the other way, or not even with the camera on :ouch:

Still, what's a Manji?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back