Drift Photo Tournament - Week 4, Semi-Finals - Lock and Load

BenSpecialized

Drift Photo Tournament - Week 4 - Semi Finals

Requirements chosen by :: Swift

Car Type:: 2 Door Japeneses Sports Cars (see first post)

Track:: Asian - Fuji, Tskuba, Suzuka, Motegi, Tokyo R246, Seoul, Hong Kong

Theme - (If Given):: Lock and Load(cars must be drifting at full lock)

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

RULES & ITINERY

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by (in alphabetical order) DRIFTIN, Greycap, Specialized and Swift

Each Round will last 1 week.

Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.

We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.

We’ll then post up the requirements.

Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.

We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor.

If a tie occurs Specialized will cast the deciding vote

The winner will advance to the next round.

Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.

The finals will be decided on a best of 3 photos basis

At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned. The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.

As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

Requirements will be posted on each Thurdsay.

Photos must be in on the Tuesday

Results SHOULD be posted on each Wednesday

Judging will based on which photo they think is the best. Each judge will choose there winners from each group and the participant with the most votes wins. This method is less time consuming and much simpler

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO EDITED IMAGES AT ALL - Please upload an UNTOUCHED image straight from your memory stick

PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN FROM GT4

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please if you wish (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

For the Elite 8 and lower, we will let you post your Final Entry and a gallery of 6 other shots. Example:

FINAL ENTRY

OR a preview with 3 other shots

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

Entrants are

Coolgeeks

VS

Identti

HiyakuShiro

VS

l2ev

Good luck guys!

Must be Japanese sports car. 2-door, FR, 250 hp+ from the FACTORY. upgrades are allowed.

TRACKS - Tsukuba, Fuji, Suzuka, Motegi, Seoul, Toky0 R246, Hong Kong, SS5

Remember the car must be at full lock!

Yay, excellent theme! No more big and/or expensive cars.

Spec, could you give me an exact date for the deadline? I am going to be gone for the weekend, I need to know if I should shoot and post tonight or wait.

This couple million 0s and 1s is my spot!

Final Entry

Preview

I had originally made more shots of another car(Skyline):guilty: , but realized it was 4WD(didn't read the requirements fully:dunce: ).
This is the best I can do as I don't have time for anything else.:scared:

Final Entry (changed):

Album of my other considered shots:

This comp took me a surprising amount of time. I took 100s of shots. Usually I take one for a comp, and thats it. My shot is still not perfect, but at least It makes it look quite bright, but not like it is taken in the daylight.
If I had more time I would have liked to experiment with more tracks. I tried Tokyo R246, but all the pics that came out needed some tweaking. Then I did some shots at Motegi and Hong Kong. I've never used H.K. before, so I chose the shot from there in the end. I also tried out different cars: 350Z Z-Tune, S2000 Type-V, Sileighty and a 300ZX 2 by 2.

Thanks to all the people who are running the comp, and to anyone who helped. Good luck CoolGeekz - I see everyone is biding there time, keeping their prize shots secret.

Nice shot, too bad it's at Hong Kong and it's not a track in the requirements.
But it's a little bit confusing, it says "Asian Track". Maybe Ben forgot to put Hong Kong.

identti
Oh, sorry. I'll sort it out. Also, is Hong Kong allowed?

Yes, HK is an Asian track so it is allowed. I had forgotten about that one as I never drift on it.

HiyakuShiro
I can see two problems already 1.You've posted HM's 2.You've posted preview ,no offence but the last time I checked the rules it stated one or the other including your original Final entry.

I think we can have a little bit of leeway in the semi finals :sly:

Seriously, since it's down to four entrants, the more images the better. I'm going to talk to Spec about this and see if we can't change things a bit.

When we have 32 entrants it makes sense to have few pictures, but with 8 or less, I don't see why they couldn't post a short album of all the pics they considered for the competition.

Yes Swift I agree with that 100%(just trying to keep everyone on track with the rules)it's bad enough with all the noobs out there....*bites tongue*

Edit:the car list seems kinda vague(is it cars with 250+hp from the factory or just 250+ hp cars(tuned) ?

First post updated. I'll have Spec do a nicer job when he gets the chance.

HiyakuShiro
Edit:the car list seems kinda vague(is it cars with 250+hp from the factory or just 250+ hp cars(tuned) ?

From the factory. You can alter the power, but it needs to come from the factory at 250. I know that's a fairly limited list, but this is the semi finals, so you guys can handle it! ;)

ok this is what i get for posting a competition in a hurry! Oh well im going to give it all the once over now and change any things that are wrong

Good luck guys and thanks swift for answering questions in my absence

Spec

PS, I like Swifts idea about a small showcase of shots. By all means please do!

I am at school and our browser blocks imageshack so I will check out the entries when I get home.

HiyakuShiro
Ok my shots are HERE,hope you like them guys,I want so see everyones best (especially you l2ev!)

I'll do what i can.

identti
Thanks to all the people who are running the comp, and to anyone who helped. Good luck CoolGeekz - I see everyone is biding there time, keeping their prize shots secret.

I am just a procrastinator.

I will post mine at the end of the day (because I haven't shot anything yet :))

nice shots Identii, those will be tough to beat

EDIT: Actually the pics will be up tuesday, because I had to study for a Chemistry test

identti, that's exactly the kind of "album" I was looking for. Well done. 👍

Thanks Swift. I tried to show my ideas and how I came to my final decision.
I'm looking forward to see my opponent's shots now.

Final Entry

Preview
img0046s7bu.jpg

Other Pics

The last of my other pics was going to be my final entry, until I saw FR in the rules :ouch:

This was a tough one for me, I couldn't think of a good car to use after I found out just 30 min ago it was FR

Well done guys! Its been a good week. Some good photos and a few laughs along the way. Well im going to make you wait a little longer as i have to send the images to the judges, and wait for them to come back

Also im accepting cash bribes this week (As im a little skint) so if you want to win, a sum of money transfered to my bank could make that happen :sly:

Cheers

Spec

Back