Drift Photo Tournament Week 4 - Semi Finals - WINNERS POSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized
DPT Drift Photo Tournament Round 4 - SEMI FINALS

WEEK 3 Photo Requirements as given by Judge VenomGT4 (awaiting requirements)
Track: Tsukuba Wet
Car: Any car from the Used Car Showroom 1 (early 90's for you pal people) , any drive train
Theme: "Tyres" Shots should be focused around tyres

Deadline: saturday 26th November

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting.

NO PHOTOCHOPPED IMAGES - No Photoshop to be used at all. If I or any of the judges suspect photochopping then we reserve the right to request a “hard” copy of the image via email for inspection. You must upload an untouched image straight from your memory stick. I advise you to use brightness EV 0.6– 1.0 when in Photomode to make sure your pictures are not too dark (this can influence the judge’s decision). For more help on this checkout DRT2RM’s excellent Photomodetutorial

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Rules & Itinery

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by myself, venomGT4, DRIFTIN and Greycap. All Confirmed!
Each Round will last 1 week.
Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.
We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.
We’ll then post up the requirements.
Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.
We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor. Each judge gets one vote and if a tie occurs I cast the deciding vote
The winner will advance to the next round.
Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.
The finals will be decided on a best of 3 drift sessions.
At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned.
The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.
As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

Entrants through from the previous round are;

-
suzq044, -
vonie
toronado,
lgforce

There are no opponents this week and all four of you will be against each other.

Good luck to all entrants and I hope this works out as well as we all want it to!

I getting tired just thinking about taking pics.
eek39co.gif

Requirements focused on tyres.... interesting.... Everyone make sure to use there imaginations. Through the whole competition i havent seen a photo thats a stand out among the rest. I just hope to see the contestants really step it up a notch.

hmm.. i thought mine DID stand out last round :( but apparently the judges just like a lotta smoke..

suzq044
hmm.. i thought mine DID stand out last round :( but apparently the judges just like a lotta smoke..
Well, it depends on the judge. And the angle. and whatever... but it's only one of the judging criterias, you can make the lost points up somewhere else. :)

Speaking of the smoke, how about the smoke judging as the shots will be taken in wet conditions? :confused:

LGforce
So i`ts like your angle is the key point here.

I would say opposite Lock is the key. Since I picked the requirements, I can tell you what I was thinking.

Bassically, what suzq044 did is what I was talking about. I know there is also angles that focus specifically on certain areas of the car.

Anyway, good luck to all! :)

suzq044

Not true,
I like countersteer alot, aswell as a bit of angle. Smoke doesn't pay a big factor in my scores.

But the main thing i like to see in the photo's, are cars that look frigin awesome, and a creative placement of the photo... i also want the cars to look clean and visible, but that doesn't mean the forground has to be clean.

Theres a few ideas in there. But creativity is what i wanted to get across. So find a corner that has good camera shots and go for it!.

cause it doesnt matter the year in the US version; it has to be from used 1 :) [i've seen ur supra there, i as just curious]

suzq044
cause it doesnt matter the year in the US version; it has to be from used 1 :) [i've seen ur supra there, i as just curious]
Yeah, but Used 1 is cars 1990-1995. That one is the 1990 2.5 GT Turbo, not the 1988 3.0 GT Turbo A (which is why I showed a pic of the front end).

lol-- as i said i wasnt arguing; pointing out that it doesnt matter wut year for NTSC as long as it was from Used 1.. thats all :)

.. its also thanksgiving weekend-- probably a few outa town, haven't seen specialized around in a few days.

Hi People,
sorry i havnt been around for a few days but i been having a nightmare week, and to top it all off my wireless router at home has just given up the ghost (more expense i dont need!!) Well i got a new one ordered and it should be with me in the next few days!!.

Im having to use work to sort these comps out now

Well im going to post the photos to the judges and have a bit of a catch up

cheers

EDIT: and to make matters worse my premium subcription has just run out!! AHHHH i left my credit cards at home!!!! :ouch:

AND THE SEMI FINAL RESULTS ARE......

Suzq044 - 95.7

Toronado - 82.4

LGforce - 101.8

Vonie - 99.6

Congratulations to all of you for getting this far in the competition, but only 2 people can go through to the final and they are LGforce and Vonie. Well done to you both!!

The next round will be posted today but it will be slightly different so keep an eye out for the thread and please read the rules.

Thanks

Spec...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back