Drift settings for sprinter trueno?

• Thread starter GTMatt
  • 27 comments
I need some drift settings for my sprinter trueno and i was wondering if there are any tracks in particular that have good corners for honing my drift skills on? any help will be much appreciated. I need them for gt2 not gt3, im not sure if there's any difference in the settings in the 2 games for the sprinter.

peace out,

Please pay attention to the forum title "GT3 Drifting"... Since this is a request for GT2 settings, this belongs in the "GT2 Settings" forum...

attachment.php

Have a nice day...

;)

You should probably make your own setings (they seem to work better) but if you don't want to make your own, here are mine.

9.8/11.2
109/109
6/5
7/6
2.4/0.9
0.05/-0.05
3/4

for the brake contoller, (if you have one) I just put 19/9.

you can try this.. i have been driving a trueno for the better part of the game...

the settings are

front rear

Suspension 3.0 3.0
Ride height 110 110 or lower on both
damper bound 1 1
" " Rebound 1 1
cambers 2.0 1.0
toe .0 .0
stabilsers 1 1

no brake balance

LSD initial 45
LSD accel 45
LSD decel 5

Hello everyone fans of gt2 ... i have trie many of yours settings and i fell these settings too many ... "Stiff" ...

and for neon_ srt

when the front brakes are to high, you lock the front wheels and that is ...

Understeering

The oposite to drift ...

but ... if anyone of you want do try my setting here it is ...

toyota sprinter trueno

spring rate : front 2.9 / rear 5.2
ride height : front 100 / rear 100
bound : front 1 / rear 3
rebound: front 1/ rear 3
camber: front : 2.0 rear 0.0
toe : 0.00 / 0.00
stabilizer : 1 / 3
brake controller : 15 / 23
tires Front / rear : medium

i hope nobody gets mad because i come with my new concept ...

and ... sorry for my " tarzan like" english ...

yokotapioka
yeah that's right ;) but i just wanna know why you uses a too high front brake setting

hope my post don't make you angry ...

Yes, it is a common misconception that a front brake bias will help in upsetting the rear traction, in hard braking situations... As you stated, it only creates understeer... A rear biased brake setup is much more effective, especially in a drift situation...

;)

klee
but could understeering could be better than oversteering.just a thought

Not for drifting... A bit of understeer can be benificial in racing (sometimes), but it is completely counterproductive for drifting...

;)

i would say griswield (not sureo f spelling) is really hilly, and has awesome corners, like the one where you have to use your e-brake to do a 180 turn.

The other one would be Mountain Trial. Big drifts. : :)

downwiz2
i would say griswield (not sureo f spelling) is really hilly, and has awesome corners, like the one where you have to use your e-brake to do a 180 turn.

The other one would be Mountain Trial. Big drifts. : :)

Yes, I agree, these track are fun to drift, even though I can't drift properly using e-brake. I drift using brake drift and feint drift.
Winning world open car cup race 2 using trueno is the best! sliding all over the place and I can still win by more than 2 second!

sucahyo
Yes, I agree, these track are fun to drift, even though I can't drift properly using e-brake. I drift using brake drift and feint drift.
Winning world open car cup race 2 using trueno is the best! sliding all over the place and I can still win by more than 2 second!

i foudn that when i was drifting i got aroun the track much faster....faster laps....how is this possible. drifiting slows you down inreal life!

downwiz2
i foudn that when i was drifting i got aroun the track much faster....faster laps....how is this possible. drifiting slows you down inreal life!
not all drift slows you down,
In Best motoring international video, Keiichi Tsuchiya using drift can win against other drivers in 4 NSX-R race (BMI vol 24). He is famous because drift make him unbeatable in rain. It seems that in japan racers will use drift even in a race (when necessary). They say there are corner that is faster using grip driving, and there are corner that is faster using drift.
Ever see this movie?:
Best Motoring International - Drift Bible - Keiichi Tsuchiya

downwiz2

That's because it takes more concentration to get better laps thru grip. Go do lap after lap of time trials on the Arcade disc with your ghost car on, you'll see what i mean. As soon as you start to hear tire squeal, that means you're losing speed. Compare this lap with a lap in which you are getting pure grip, you'll be getting more speed.

Grip is almost always faster than drift-period; however, you need to enforce stricter turning angles thru the turns to get lower lap times thru grip, and you need to hone in on them without any mistakes. Light drifting thru turns on tarmac occasionally is necessary, tho.

Also, during actual sim races (as sucahyo said) sometimes it is needed to drift to get an odd cornering angle when the stupid AI traffic attempts to gang up on you!

try making your spring rate, bound, rebound, and stablelizers stronger in the front than in the back. making the fronts stronger will definately make your car understeer, and making your rear camber less then .9 will make your tail slide out more easier, and make your front camber up to 2.5 or someting like that to give u more control on turns:tup:

I get different result for spring rate tuning, but for damper lower front definitely more understeer. For stabilizer higher front is more understeer.
For camber it depend on how much spring rate we use. 12.0 camber definitely has less traction, but sometimes usefull for making car sideways.

My current Sprint Trueno drift setting:
Spring rate - 2.0/2.0
Ride Height - 100/100
Damper Bound - 10/10
Damper Rebound - 10/10
Camber - 4.0/0.0
Toe - 0.00/0.20
Stabilizer - 1/1
LSD - 1/1/1
Tire - simulation/simulation

So basically I balance the car only by camber :).

I love using camber but i rarely use toe. Toe is something i use in rare emergencies when all else seems to fail and i have a car that will not turn in like i want. And with some high-powered mid/rear cars, i'll use positive toe so they don't turn in to corners so harshly. But mostly i don't use it anymore.

I must use toe for drift :D. In GT2 (or GT4) I use +0.20 (+4) rear to make the car drift longer. Just like when I use -0.20 rear for cobra coupe to reduce rear drifting.

I can give you drift settings if you want
It isn't a problem for me
Tell me what car you want to drift and I will tell you the better way to tune it

The one you should really take a look is Motorsportsland. It has amazing corners, but if your car is to fast you should use a slow car, 'cause there's almost no space between corners,and most of them are U- turns.

Back