Drift Settings

• Thread starter CHRI5MAN
  • 7 comments
To all the Drifterz out there and especially to the new Drifterz, to get Drift Settings on your car and to probably get them correct, you should buy one of the D1GP cars like the HKS Silvia, the Blitz Skyline R34 or the BP Falken RX-7 which you can win, because those cars have real drift settings, of course, because there actual drift cars. And if i wanted to mod another car and i wanted it to drift i would take some of the settings from the D1GP cars, like the brake controller, downforce, camber angles, dampers, so on.
This is a good starting point for all you beginners out there, and its a faster way to get your car ready if you dont know how to set it up.

Thats my opinion on Drift Settings for drifting cars and also my first Thread i've posted.
Over & Out... :sly:

It wouldn't be the same though if you use the exact settings from a D1 car to another Factory car. To keep in mind that every car different, from the M3 to the Nissan 240sx. For Beginners to understand drifting in a good point is to take any FR DriveTrain with N2 tires(front/ Rear) though some veteran drifters would suggest that the Honda S2000, Nissan 240sx, 1989 Rx7 FC32 or the Rx7 FD. ( some may say differently)

What would be a another good point is to use other experienced( not just veterans ) settings because you either get to know a good sense on how each person style is different to the next.

Yes i know now, the settings you can change to different cars but they all dont have to be the same as i think i said, and yes the settings on those drift cars are pretty hard to control for me. i'm getting better at drifting on there but its different to drifting on the need for speed games. More practise and i should start to get the idea.
Thanks for your time...

What about the people saying Aids off, does that mean aids are set to 0 or standard 10/10/5 or somthing.
I also posted a quick reply dont know if that came through.

Thanks man, are you serious because there not on that and when i switched them all to 0 i could get an angle on the car. Thanks alot man.
:sly: i'm gonna go nuts on it like that - :scared:, not really...

If you want a bigger explanation on why not to use Aids
Boundary Layer
“Drifting with ASM Understeer on is like riding a bike with training wheels” ~ Boundary Layer

Seriously, it is. The driving aids are there to allow the game to look after car balance and excess wheelspin for you. With them on your only job is to steer and accelerate, no consideration needs to be given to weight transfer and momentum. Using any driving aids in your drift setup greatly takes away from the overall gaming and drifting experience in my opinion.

I have always viewed their use as allowing the game to do my work for me, they have the ability to take a sim game with a great physics model and dumb it down to the point of being an arcade racer. I guarantee none of the top drifters on this forum use any of the aids, they have learned exceptional car control without them.

If you’re looking for a greater appreciation or understanding of the game physics, car setup and control, and/or weight transfer then their use will only impede your progress. TURN OFF THE AIDS, you will become a better drifter for doing so. If you choose to leave them on, well that’s your choice, but know that you would be building skill and learning technique faster without them.

That was taken from the FR drift Guide.

Latest Posts

Back