Drift Video Awards

• Thread starter l2ev
  • 28 comments
This is just a humorous little idea that invaded my head during physics class...đź’ˇ

The idea is to do an award show style thing for all the drift videos that are posted in a given year. People can vote for their favorite in a variety of categories like... best drift, best video, best editing, best link, best twin drift video, best drift car(would be like best performance by an actor :lol:), best new drifter video, fastest drifter, most original drift, best single lap, lifetime achievement:lol:. Get the drift?:sly:

I am merely laying out my idea to possibly inspire anyone who may foresee something in the concept.

I think this idea has some merit. But I'll let others chime in before making a decision.

heh, it does have some potential - although, I do think a one year span is too long a period. Something like 3 or 4 months might be better [fat chance of finding vids after a year - links go down and members dissapear].

it could be fun - it would transform this place into something more than just a dumping ground for people's works.

good stuff rev.

i personally dispise award venues, but in essence its a great idea to get things more motivated in this area.

I could make a guest appearence as the STIG. being a motorbike person i have the leathers and helmet heh heh

im all for this idea however i fear i shall be the person who either gets the sympathy award of the one who is nominated for everythign and never wins :(

Oh well its a cracking idea and if you need some english humour (cue cups of tea and posh voices) then let me know!

Spec...

Looks like a nice idea you got there Rev.

It should not only be about the drift video forum though, it should be in the entire drift forum. It would add some categories and would be better IMO.

I'm curious to see how this turns out...

gt_masta
Looks like a nice idea you got there Rev.

It should not only be about the drift video forum though, it should be in the entire drift forum. It would add some categories and would be better IMO.

I'm curious to see how this turns out...

How would that work?

Well, there could be categories for the best drift picture, best drift settings (Not sure about this one...),etc. I can't think of a lot of other categories right now, but it would be nice to have categories for something else than drift videos.

I'm just giving an idea, though. Rev (or whoever will organise it) will decide what will be the categories.

Ok, well that would be an entirely seperate matter. Not a bad idea at all, but totally seperate. Like the Academy awards and the Tony awards. Similar stuff, but different.

gt_masta
Well, there could be categories for the best drift picture, best drift settings (Not sure about this one...),etc. I can't think of a lot of other categories right now, but it would be nice to have categories for something else than drift videos.

I'm just giving an idea, though. Rev (or whoever will organise it) will decide what will be the categories.

Best drift settings could be like my suggestion for best drift car. Like what car made some of the best drifts in numerous videos.

@ Tri - Yea, some of them are just too cheesy.

@BL - That's a good point on the length of time. I would say 3 months would be fit nice (Seasonal).

I really was not expecting a lot of people to be behind this. If this idea is pursued, it would be a good idea to set a mini drift video directory for each season.

I don't know if I am capable of organizing this. I may try, but I don't always have time for GTP (I'm sure I'm not alone there). Well, it shouldn't be too difficult to maintain if the most work would be done only every 3 months. I was just putting the idea out there.

l2ev
I don't know if I am capable of organizing this. I may try, but I don't always have time for GTP (I'm sure I'm not alone there). Well, it shouldn't be too difficult to maintain if the most work would be done only every 3 months. I was just putting the idea out there.

Well, if you can't do it, you'll be finding the person that will. :sly:

If you set up some sort of schedule with cutoff dates for videos to be considered, I can quite easily just mark eligible ones in the drift vid directory.

I think to make this run smoothly, only videos that are on permanent hosts should be considered.

And as with my previous competition, I'll front 3 months of GTPremium and 1 month of GTPremium as an award.

The organizer can decide how they want that awarded. Best overall, most well liked, highest voted....

I'm always willing to give a few benefits.

@ swift - :lol: Of course. I'm debating whether I should host. Maybe I should create a new name...Billy Crystal ...or Bob Hope :sly:

I love all the participation on this site. I came up with this idea at around 9 am. I started this thread in study hall at 11:36 am, and now(11:18 pm), a basic layout has already been planned. It didn't take very long to get that beginner's drift competition set up either. Thanks guys.

It didn't take very long to get that beginner's drift competition set up either.
...it took longer than you think.... much, much longer :sly:

oh, and good stuff AO. đź‘Ť a little incentive like that might really boost the quality of vids presented here by the more seasoned members.

Boundary Layer
...it took longer than you think.... much, much longer :sly:

oh, and good stuff AO. đź‘Ť a little incentive like that might really boost the quality of vids presented here by the more seasoned members.

That's the truth! :D

Yeah, thanks a lot AO always nice to have the extra added boost for participation.

indeed ... :bowdown: FBI

I believe the beginning of spring (correct me if I am wrong) is March 21. It would be great to get this running before then in order to have the sessions begin and end with seasons.

ok, so what categories did we want to recognize?

I personally liked the categories of Best Overall Video [ie, best combination of editting and performance], Best Editting, Best Drifting, Best New member Video [ie. someone's first vid]

Those are very broad categories that are easy to pick candidates for and easy to vote on. Some of the other categories mentioned by rev [like best drift car, best single drift, etc] I can see us having more difficulty with. And, it becomes more difficult to organize and orchestrate the more separate categories you add.

Post comments!

Boundary Layer
ok, so what categories did we want to recognize?

I personally liked the categories of Best Overall Video [ie, best combination of editting and performance], Best Editting, Best Drifting, Best New member Video [ie. someone's first vid]

Those are very broad categories that are easy to pick candidates for and easy to vote on. Some of the other categories mentioned by rev [like best drift car, best single drift, etc] I can see us having more difficulty with. And, it becomes more difficult to organize and orchestrate the more separate categories you add.

Post comments!

That is a good point. I still like the most unique drift one. I think the winner this category would really stand out because of originality(like if someone did something that no one has seen), but how often does that happen?

Stanley^Carter
hey not a fair competition, FBI probably owns all categories.

lol. :P
Not necessarily, everyone has the potential, and maybe with this award thingy they will step it up.

TRi
Not necessarily, everyone has the potential, and maybe with this award thingy they will step it up.

Exactly, right Tri?:P

Nice that this will include a Premium Membership Award too!
Very neat. I might buy a capture card soon, but I just dont want to waste 50,- like that, so I need to think whether or not I will use it that often.

But thats not gonna be in time for this I think.

TRi

yep true, I was only kidding back there, I've been around here for a while and I know who would produce decent to great videos though, and you're one of them TRi. :) đź‘Ť

FBI would own most of the categories, but I think this is a good idea. I think there should be judging standards, like points for # of cars, video effects used, music, etc, and each category count for X number of points, then whoever have the most points win.

nos2
FBI would own most of the categories, but I think this is a good idea. I think there should be judging standards, like points for # of cars, video effects used, music, etc, and each category count for X number of points, then whoever have the most points win.

I clearly disagree. FBI is a great team, but there are certainly many others that come into mind.

categories....
well...
1) best lap drift (complete lap with no edition)
2)best drift compliation (edited)

each one is separated by
1) japanese
2) non japanesse

and each one is separated by era
1) 70s
2) 80s
3) 90s

or.. if this is too much complicated...
1) best single drift
2) best chained drift
3) best lap drift