Drift Video ... plz comment ...

• Thread starter crankypunk
  • 32 comments
Well i decided to do a little video to see what comments i get ...
here it is
Mitsubish Lancer Evo V 98'
Got a few power mods still need to play with suspension settings i didnt touch them and got no driving aids at all ...
also using Logitech DFP ( its been like 3 days i got the game and the wheel )
Note that last time i played GT game was GT2 :crazy: lol

Right Click and save as if it dont work good

tu est de mtl aussi heheh x)
for the video, the entry was ok but the exit was not fantastic, you should practise more weight shifting (for 4wd) i suggest that you practise with COM (confort N2) tire, just keep practising =)

well... im not much of a fan of AWD drifting... well.. i just dont do it... but i think i noticed that while you were trying to weight shift a couple times.. you were still on the throttle......try shifting the weight... THEN get on the throttle.... you dont always have to floor it.... just stay within the torque.. good luck....

Sorry but it wasn't a site to see. I'll give you a thumbs up for trying though. Try a Hachi-Roku instead, it will make you a better drifter. "You don't teach a Hachi-Roku to drift, the Hachi-Ruko teaches you to drift." a little something that my uncle told me and it works. Good Luck!

crankypunk
Well i decided to do a little video to see what comments i get ...
here it is
Mitsubish Lancer Evo V 98'
Got a few power mods still need to play with suspension settings i didnt touch them and got no driving aids at all ...
also using Logitech DFP ( its been like 3 days i got the game and the wheel )
Note that last time i played GT game was GT2 :crazy: lol

Right Click and save as if it dont work good

yes, its definitely in need of some suspension modification, just lowering it some and increasing the stiffness of the front stabilizer should help remove some of that understeer from the last corner.

Good effort on the turn following the straight. The cars weight placement looked alright as you began to turn in, though a little more lateral weight transfer wouldnt hurt. The tail stepped out nicely and you had a good drift going there until you snatched the brakes and dropped the gas in mid turn. That kinda brought it to an early end. Looked good though.

Glad to hear you're doing it with all the aids off though. Thats the way to learn

Good effort, keep at it
👍

edit: ease up on him a little guys, he said he's new to the game and looking for helpful comments. He was also operating on stock suspension, I'm certain that played a big part with some of it

Thx for the comments peeps will work on the settings (reading up TankSpanker's thread ;) )
Also to the "haters" i dont mind your comments just makes me wanna work harder lol
anyways the DFP is hell of fun and its only been 3 days i got the game so chill out and give me time ;)

TruenoStylez
Sorry but it wasn't a site to see. I'll give you a thumbs up for trying though. Try a Hachi-Roku instead, it will make you a better drifter. "You don't teach a Hachi-Roku to drift, the Hachi-Ruko teaches you to drift." a little something that my uncle told me and it works. Good Luck!

1st day i got the game i took a silvia and i kept spining out every drift .. restarted again with the Evo and was better but i wated to learn with FR car .. so
2nd day restart all from scratch and took the tureno it was aight but also had trouble
3rd day (today) restart all over with Evo ill stick to it to learn a little and then ill jump back to FR car and see if it helped or not ...

I thought it was real good for just getting into it. I went into the wall everytime when I first tried gt3. If I knew more what I was doing/talking about I'd give you pointers, but I don't. Otherwise, practice makes perfect.

TankSpanker
increasing the stiffness of the front stabilizer should help remove some of that understeer from the last corner.

I don't mean to call you out, but when you increase the stiffness of the front bar or the spring rate, you are actually INCREASING understeer... I would suggest stiffening up the rear stabilizer in order to induce more oversteer aka more neutral handling. Also try playing with the rear spring rates and/or bound/rebound of the shocks and the stabilizer bars. At least that's how it works in real life. Since the game is so realistic, it should be the same as well.

EP3_DC5
I don't mean to call you out, but when you increase the stiffness of the front bar or the spring rate, you are actually INCREASING understeer... It's a pretty well known fact. I would suggest stiffening up the rear stabilizer in order to induce a more oversteer or a more neutral handling car. Also try playing with the rear spring rates and/or bound/rebound of the shocks and the stabilizer bars. At least that's how it works in real life. Since the game is so realistic, it should be the same as well.

i get what you're saying, and i'm not saying you're wrong. It is a fine line to be walked. Doing it the right amount can help, overdoing it can cause just as much harm, if not more harm than good.

however, working from the state his car is in now, i think increasing the front stabilizer just slightly would remove stress from the front right tire and give more grip to the front left tire which was locked up on turn in. With the load placed fully on the outside tire, the inside front didnt have enough pressure being placed on it to brake effectively with stock suspension. Increasing the stabilizer would normalize the distribution across the front and allow both tires to brake and turn in slightly more effectively.

the ride height is still the bigger factor in my eyes

mm not to bad, you only got to learn how to drift with a 4wd! What you'v got to do is:

A better suspention will help a lot ! :)

When the "ass" of the car begin to slide, don't counter steer, leave the 4wd make the job for you...

And! Use some feint! You seem to have some problem getting sideway.

don't forget, Keep it Sideway. 👍

Trueno86Power.

TankSpanker
i get what you're saying, and i'm not saying you're wrong. It is a fine line to be walked. Doing it the right amount can help, overdoing it can cause just as much harm, if not more harm than good.

however, working from the state his car is in now, i think increasing the front stabilizer just slightly would remove stress from the front right tire and give more grip to the front left tire which was locked up on turn in. With the load placed fully on the outside tire, the inside front didnt have enough pressure being placed on it to brake effectively with stock suspension. Increasing the stabilizer would normalize the distribution across the front and allow both tires to brake and turn in slightly more effectively.

the ride height is still the bigger factor in my eyes

Right, but he wouldnt' be on stock suspension if he could adjust the stabilizer in the first place. haha =) I do see what you are saying however.

Good advise has been given. So I'll just say that in the future when you're looking for a critique on your technique, put all the inputs on the display, makes it easier to give you more precise advise on what needs to be changed. :cool:

I really didn't see much drifting there...just hte first turn..thats about it. The rest were just normal turns with smoke coming out of the tires. Definetly need more agle. Like what everyone elce has been saying...more practice and suspension work. Good luck bro.

try the links in my sig for some suggestions on setting up your car. and i would have to agree with tankspanker, although most settings tutorials say you want to stiffen the rear and soften the front, the 2 car setups i have finished both have 3 front and 1 rear on the stabilizers. i dunno, its just what worked for me.

If anyone has tried the setups i posted (Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS, Lotus Carlton) please let me know what you think, Id like to know if they are useable for others or if they only suit my style of driving.

Thanks for sharing your video. Since you asked for comment, I will have to say that you need to work on your countersteering to help give you some angle. Just remember, you car will move sideways better if your front wheels are pointing in the same direction of your slide. Thats a good start for just playing the game, keep practicing.

I feel bad giving all this advice and not having a video to show yet, :), although I've shown many of my GT4 Prologue drifts, just not GT4 yet. I have some ready and will do later tonight if anyone wants to keep an eye out for it.

Where is the feinting gone, I don't see any feinting in all the vids. (nearly all the vids.) is there a problem with feinting that has occured with GT4

G-T-4-Fan
Where is the feinting gone, I don't see any feinting in all the vids. (nearly all the vids.) is there a problem with feinting that has occured with GT4

oh no, the feinting works just fine, its how i initiate all my drifts and slow down for turns. its just tricky with this new snap countersteer thing but once you get used to it you will very rarely spin out.

194GVan
oh no, the feinting works just fine, its how i initiate all my drifts and slow down for turns. its just tricky with this new snap countersteer thing but once you get used to it you will very rarely spin out.

PFEW, that's a good thing to hear, great video b.t.w., I haven't said that in the earlier post:tup::)

...say you want to stiffen the rear and soften the front, the 2 car setups i have finished both have 3 front and 1 rear on the stabilizers. i dunno, its just what worked for me.

Just FYI, if you're talking about 3 on the front stabilizer setting and 1 on the rear, that is stiffening up the rear and softening the front. The sway bars in the front control the stiffness of the rear, and vice versa.

Red Raevyn
Just FYI, if you're talking about 3 on the front stabilizer setting and 1 on the rear, that is stiffening up the rear and softening the front. The sway bars in the front control the stiffness of the rear, and vice versa.

I'm not sure where you got this from but it's very untrue. How could stiffening the rear swaybar tighten up the front suspension? Sure, it will be somewhate effected in the front, but the primary effect will be stiffening the rear.

Red Raevyn

Please do not post misleading information.
It's quite simple really.
Stiffer front = understeer
Stiffer rear = oversteer/neutral

A LOT of course depends on spring rates and dampening rates. But that's the general rule of thumb.

EDIT: I think that I understand what you are trying to say actually, but it's still wrong. The sway bars in the front of course do alter the suspension performance in the rear (by increasing/decreasing stiffness), but they in no affect the rear suspension's geometry. The rear suspension is only directly affected by IT being adjusted.

Back