Drift, what do you aim for?

hey guys! i was just wondering what do you aim for when drifting? Is it to speed drift? Massive angles? Me personally i drift and try to get as close to the guard railes as possible or ripple strips :dopey:
Also what car do you drift with? What car do you think is best for beginners, and what car do you think is the best drift car overall?
Any tuning tips and drifting tips are greatly appreciated! I created this thread because i want to gain more drifting knowledge and i want to get better too. Im sure this thread will help alot to enthusia drifters.
Cheers guys!👍

Monteclaro
hey guys! i was just wondering what do you aim for when drifting? Is it to speed drift? Massive angles? Me personally i drift and try to get as close to the guard railes as possible or ripple strips :dopey:
Also what car do you drift with? What car do you think is best for beginners, and what car do you think is the best drift car overall?
Any tuning tips and drifting tips are greatly appreciated! I created this thread because i want to gain more drifting knowledge and i want to get better too. Im sure this thread will help alot to enthusia drifters.
Cheers guys!👍

Open that thread called Speed Drifting to see what a good Speed drift run down the touge looks like.

If my mom would upload her pics from her trip to the computer and get them OFF the camera I could upload my show drift run.

Normally thought I do a mix. I just do what feels right. Then for a replay to watch I'll do it a certain way.

Takes A LOT OF SKILL to be able to do it how you want when you want though and even I have a hard time getting a perfect, clean run in any style, let alone in a certain way.

Just try and get used to sliding around and making it look clean and smooth and avoiding the walls if you can at first, THEN try and impress us with a show drift run or a speed drift run.

And no, speed drifting is not easier.....actually I find it slightly harder because it requires you stay on your racing line and not scrub any speed.

And when show drifting you have to worry about line vs angle. Too much angle will slow you down and mean you wont be able to hold you drift as long. That's the challenge with show drifting...making you angle as high as possible w/o sacrificing line and the proper speed to maintain the drift to the next link for the next turn....

And you know I'm going to say a 180sx Type X with a locked LSD and stiffer suspension is the best drift car you can get in this game......then again........I <3 S13.....

Screw it.....Here are my settings......for all tuning levels...
on the slider it'll look like: 0%<<<<<<<50%>>>>>>>100%
50% spring rate front and rear
75% shock rate front and rear
50% ride hieght front and rear
40% camber front
35% camber rear
60% front toe
50% rear toe
leave the gear ratio alone
100% Locked LSD (rear diff)

Latest Posts

Back