Drifting Starter Car

• Thread starter NOZRulz
  • 13 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, im a newbie and i was wondering if anyone could just name a car that would be good for drifting for a newb. TY

so many really, just grab a S13 or 14 and start with one of those. Feel around for what you like, make your own style.

Hi, looking for a Starter car then? Well, try to find your own sort of style, not everyones style is yours. People like to have their own settings and others like to share them. Suspension is important, the suspension makes the car turn.

Anyway, back to topic. An FR car is the best for a beginner, my recommended cars for a beginner is:

Mazda RX-7 RS
Nissan Silvia 2000cc
Nissan 240sx

Theres just some quick choices, they should help but you will get used to them. Practice takes a long time on GT3 to drift. So if you choose 1 car then you might find it easier to drift with. Therefore, you will get used to 1 car.

Remember to alter your suspension and your ASM and TCS to 0!

O yeah and Simulation tyres or Sports. And for beginner dont go over 300hp.

Pick a couple of RWD cars you like and try those. That's what I did when I first started drifting. If you don't like any you picked repeat the process with different cars cuz what I like might be completely different to what you like. My favourite beginner car was the Mazda RX-7 RZ.

Hi, I´m started drifting last night with a S15, which was a little bit too hard so I tried with with a Trueno which worked pretty good, now Im drifting an Mr-2 GT-S ( or something like that) which I find pretty nice to drift with, I will try Some nissan (S13,S14) or something like that tomorrow...

Try out the Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX [AE86] is great, it's a car that teaches its driver not only that but it has great flexibility, not only that but it's cheap, you can get it through simulation mode. Check some tuning guides to tune it as well [Never drift with a car that ISN'T tuned for drifting] :sly: :)

Hmm all of tho's above are good choices, but i myself going into drifting for the first time went out with a 4WD vehicle, Just so i could get the whole drifting concept down,it helped me allot until it was easy with the 4WD then i went to a slightly modded RX-7(fc) and slowly added more power when i was able to control the car well with the amount i had then,And never looked back!
Hope that helps some.

Joe.

Hmm all of tho's above are good choices, but i myself going into drifting for the first time went out with a 4WD vehicle, Just so i could get the whole drifting concept down,it helped me allot until it was easy with the 4WD then i went to a slightly modded RX-7(fc) and slowly added more power when i was able to control the car well with the amount i had then,And never looked back!
Hope that helps some.

Joe.

That's acceptable. My first drift was back in my GT1 days in a Viper GTS (by accident) but i also remember in GT2 using such 4WD oddballs as the Subaru Forester to get some drift action 👍 Matter of fact, wagons are arguably better 4WD's to drift simply because that back area is so large and easier to swing around.

I made an S13/LS1 hybrid using the 91 Silvia and 325hp iteration of the LS1 in an attempt to replicate my friend's real-life car. With medium sports tires and very mild engine mods, the car is surprisingly controllable in drifts.

I've tried the Truenos but they're far too twitchy for me.

Adi

i just chose the randomest car the Aston Martan v8 vantage
i bought every thing possible but not tires,it had 945bhp,normal tires,4.0 camber on the front and 1.0 camber on the back,make it as low as u can,keep the normal tires on it,tcs off,asm off now it should drift like a dream

this would be ur face if u could drive it in real life
fast car + :crazy: + drifting = :)

If you're rich, buy an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, buy the best parts you can...oh crap, I see aaro11 has beaten me to it. Well, then I'd have to recommend the Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R. Forget which parts you need, though, so check the GT3 drift settings depot.

oh crap, I see aaro11 has beaten me to it. Well, then I'd have to recommend the Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R. Forget which parts you need, though, so check the GT3 drift settings depot.

Why did you feel it necessary to revive a year old thread, only to give advice to someone who probably isn't even on these forums anymore?

Furthermore, there are many other threads like this, so.....

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back