Drifting Trouble..

I seem to be a cursed drifter because my drifts end up in disaster. I can drift pretty good even though I just started GT4. Most of my problems are being in a drift and then sliding off to the wall or on the grass and then spinning out of control, or being scared of hitting the wall in front of my car while drifting and slightly moving my car in the other direction then spinning out of control. I could make a video and show you all what im doing.... could I get some help?

Are you giving off too much gas or countersteer. Have you tried looking through the stickies?

I think its too much gas. But im on it right now and im only at half throttle when im on the drift, sometimes i even use the brake to slow down a bit. Whats stickies?

Yeah those will help alot.

Don't be afraid or scared/worried that your going to hit the wall, just go with what feels right, if you worry all the time your going to end up overcorrected alot because you don't think you can make it.

I've been trying to go with the flow. I spent like about the past 5 hours on my new Rx-7 and i got it perfectly the way i want. So im just going to keep on practicing. Thanks for the help, i appreciate it. :D

Well prctice is also one of the most important things too, you could have the perfect car, setup, and track but without practice you ain't doing jack, ya dig.

all i can say is if your heading for the walls or grass let go off the throttle or brake. If your going towards the curb speed up. Not my words but i cant remember who said it. it was in one of the guides.

What he said^. I'd also like to throw in that its a lot about feel. Just go with what feels right and it will naturally just work, at least it does for me.

What he said^. I'd also like to throw in that its a lot about feel. Just go with what feels right and it will naturally just work, at least it does for me.

Exactly, we can give you all the tips in the world but until you develope a good feel and understanding of what you're doing, you'll never get it.

Latest Posts

Back