Drifting with BMW 328Ci | Help

• Thread starter Mati PL
  • 8 comments
Hi. I've decided to drift with an European car. The 328Ci BMW...
The Car

How shall i setup it? My current settings are:
Settings
It can drift pretty ok but it's still spinning out too much.

Is something wrong, or something needs to be changed? Help. Thanks ;)

What tires are you using? Mmmmm....how much power? What else....it doesn't say which limited-slip device (if any) you are using.

It seems this car need rear tire with more grip. But equipping simulation front and normal rear make this car really hard to drfit. Try using more front camber, maybe 8 for your setting. Personally, I use this:

New BMW 380Ci, with stage 3 turbo.
Tire: Simulation tire both

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 2.0 / 8.0
-Ride Height: 155/155
-Bound: 10 / 10
-Rebound: 10 / 10
-Camber: 6.5 / 1.5
-Toe: 0.00 / 0.20
-Stabilizers: 7 / 1

Using this setting I still wish I can increase rear tire grip more.

To control sideways behavior I use a combination of spring rate and camber value.

sset.jpg

LSD Settings

Try using a 1-way or 1.5 limted-slip. These are supposed to provide the most stable drifting. And you forgot to tell what tires you are using.

normal /front
normal or sim /rear

Well if you've got a combo of normals up front and sims in the rear, that's an easy way to keep spinning out. I would try either all sims or all normals. YOu can also try a combo of sports up front and normals in the rear. I would turn the camber out a bit (maybe 3.0 up front and 1.5 degrees rear) so that you have a bit more leeway between breaking traction and maintaining a sideways drift. 💡 This may or may not work for you tho. It all comes down to throttle control & how you manipulate the steering and throttle as you get into a drift. You have to sense when your car is about to lose it, and compensate by making the right moves at the right time....all settings do is make your drifts more comfortable to your style.

My experience with the BMWs in GT2 is they are very "tossable". I remember having a blast in these cars because their handling is very chameleon-like....you can get them to slide and drift, but you can also get them to hunker down and grip grip grip...all on the same tires. :) It jsut sounds like you need practice.

Well. I have bought s15 Silvia... All i have did was tuning it up to 280HP +all the gearbox, brakes, suspension, and weight reduction.. It has normal tires and it just drifts withouth any setting up. I guess everything depends on the car You are using. The S15 drifts perfectly for me.

Back